Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > bobblehead's organic bedroom of high brix gardening

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
bobblehead's organic bedroom of high brix gardening Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-13-2013, 02:40 AM #1
bobblehead

bobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant future
bobblehead's organic bedroom of high brix gardening

Ok its about time I start another thread. If I don't, Mr. D is gonna run out of good ideas pretty soon...

In our last episode, the lake house took a shit just when things were at their best and I was bumping 10kw. Its cool though cause I planned to shut down anyway, and relocate. Things just got pushed ahead a few months.

My last grow was my final one with a high plant count. I'm a licensed patient/caregiver in Michigan, and I will be staying within my plant count from now on. I have too much to lose in life if I was to get raided. Now I'm medically compliant.

I switched from chemical nutes and coco smart pots to organic peat-based no-till soil beds. The room is completely sealed with a 36kbtu split, 200pt dehuey, 5 disc pond fogger, 6.8kw in light and CO2. Here's the pics.

This was around 2 weeks in.

This is around 4 weeks. The bed in the front of the pic ended up getting culled by week 7. Those plants never turned around. It turns out you can't take large plants fed synthetic nutes, and switch them over to organics. They don't have the roots of an organic plant. Expensive lesson to learn. The bed behind it is Straw DD, doing well.

All the other plants in the room including the Straw DD in the last pic were smaller, and made the transition to organics much better.
bobblehead is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:45 AM #2
bobblehead

bobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant futurebobblehead has a brilliant future
Oh yeah I didn't start the grow with 6.8kw... Each bed had 1800w. Then I returned two faulty 600w Nextgen ballasts and got back 2 1kw ballasts! Then I got 2 Raptors with horti eye lamps and another 1kw magnetic ballast from a police auction for $179. Gotta love living in a med state. So 2 beds now have 1 1kw lamp and 2 600w's for 2200w each. It works ok. I found out I should have dropped the 600's lower, but there's always next grow! I should have pulled out my light meter after hanging the 1kw lamps. I only used it at the beginning of the grow to test the lamps.

Golden Goat @ 9 weeks

Last edited by bobblehead; 09-13-2013 at 03:14 AM..

11 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:46 AM #3
megayields
Grower of Connoisseur herb's.

megayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud ofmegayields has much to be proud of
sub'd...puff...puff

NextGen Agricultural Consulting & Iron City Seeds

I grow and am motivated by the pure genius of Heath Robinson!

The more people I meet the more I like my dog

megayields is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:56 AM #4
bobblehead

Straw DD @ 9 weeks-

My new largest bud I've ever grown. This cola is directly in front of the gallon jug.

Previous largest bed ever grown, Straw DD

FAQ

What are the genetics? Original Strawberry Diesel x Chem bx1

Where can I get seeds? You can't. Cocktail Frank made them and donated them to the server fund. He says there aren't more.

Where can I get a clone? You have to know me or someone close to me

IDK how much longer I'll be running Straw DD in the big room honestly... You can see by the pic that she's not that frosty when you compare her to the cultivars that get more hype, like the white, golden goat, gsc-f, etc etc etc... I have lots of quality genetics that yield well, and have more potency and bag appeal. The buds are a little airy with the Straw DD. I don't think I'll cull her, but in my competitive market, its not all about quantity.

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2013, 02:59 AM #5
bobblehead

Couple more cause I still love this plant...

ps, all nice pics are credit to Silver Hawaiian and his fancy camera.

9 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2013, 03:27 AM #6
Yakov

Yakov will become famous soon enoughYakov will become famous soon enough
luv the photos, can't wait for more, subbed.
Yakov is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2013, 03:41 AM #7
silver hawaiian

silver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant future

Glad to see a new thread! I betcha couldn't stand to sit idly by after _D and I finally got off our lazy asses and fired one up ourselves..

So share with the group please What have been the observations that've stuck with you in particular in the synthetic nutes -> organic approach?

What prompted the switch?

Completed: . . ... More vert lerv . . . . . . . Blumats, vert, n' dirt

"Then they took me by the hand, and they invited me right in.. Then they showed me something, I don't even know where to begin.."
silver hawaiian is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2013, 03:42 AM #8
yortbogey
To Have More ... Desire Less

yortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivoryortbogey is a survivor
yortbogey has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
just SpAnKyInG...those broads... lushes buds~indeed

i got a river for a soul...

Darlin' I'm a nightmare...
Dressed like a daydream~~~
yortbogey is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2013, 03:49 AM #9
BreezeEazy

BreezeEazy is on a distinguished road
Dang dude. Stay compliant man. MI isn't the state to take chances. Bill Schuette has made it well known that he has every intent of sticking it to the medical growers and patients whenever possible. The recent concentrate BS going on is absurd.
BreezeEazy is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2013, 03:53 AM #10
silver hawaiian

silver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant futuresilver hawaiian has a brilliant future

Look bobble, someone who understands our plight

Completed: . . ... More vert lerv . . . . . . . Blumats, vert, n' dirt

"Then they took me by the hand, and they invited me right in.. Then they showed me something, I don't even know where to begin.."
silver hawaiian is offline Quote