Welcome to Round 3 of the Yogurt Cup Challenge
photo courtesy of gloryoskie from round 1
Let's grow amazing plants in 6oz yogurt cup containers together! Document the grows! Share our experience! Finally, we will collectively decide who accomplished the most impressive results, combined with the best documentation of progress and techniques used.
Micro- Challenge History; in the spirit of:
Previous Rounds of Yogurt Cup Challenge:
^^ Round 1
^^^ Round 1 call for entries
^^^ Round 2 (last round)
^^^ Round 2 (last round) call for entries
Beer cup challenges:
1 sqft challenge:
thanks to ElfstoneStrider for original rules
slightly amended from last round:
1) a 6 oz. individual yogurt container of any shape or brand. No substitutions. Keep the original label on there, please.
2) a cutting, rooted clone, seed or seedling of any Cannabis, male or female. Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible.
3) each contestant can enter up to 5 yogurt cup plants (one plant per cup), but must choose only one to be judged.
4) There is no call for entries thread this round, so contest will stay open to new entries the entire time.
5) Your entered cuts or seedlings may be rooted or germinated or not at the time of entry. If it is not rooted, then it must either root in the yogurt cup itself OR be transplanted directly into the yogurt cup so the roots fit entirely inside the yogurt cup.
6) All roots must remain inside the yogurt cup for the duration of the challenge and may require trimming. Bottom feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed and not be outside the 6oz container.
7) Harvest must be no more than 18 weeks from today, that's January 13th
. Plants must be cut and pics posted showing harvest by January 13th.
We will take and post weekly pics of our entries. We will all keep a good, fun spirit of community and sharing of knowledge and experiences. Weekly update pics are pretty key here so let's all try to keep up, although if you miss one week, don't quit, just keep the updates as steady as possible. Try not to miss more than 3 weeks especially in a row, we really want to show the progress of each yogurt cup grow.
Final harvest weights, both wet and dry, would be great, but not mandatory.
This round is longer allowing for people growing from seed to participate, even if they crack seeds today. If you choose to grow from clone you can end early, January 13th is just maximum time allowed.
Showing plants against a ruler for reference, along the way and at harvest, also not mandatory, but would be awesome.
^^^^^ HOPE THAT ALL MAKES SENSE ^^^^^^
There is no call for entries thread this time, this thread will be the place to be untill Jan 13th.