What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pics of Kif from a homemade shaker

G

First pic is a screen made of panty hose on a glass table

111IM001697-med.JPG

Got a few dried pistils in there from the inconsistent screen

111IM001702-med.JPG

Third pic is on a mirror explaining the duplicate image

111IM002740-med.JPG

This screen is 120 micron

111IM002745-med.JPG

Last edited:
G

Nice shots man

Nice shots man

I've tried that method a couple of times, makes some tasty hash:D

...B.H.O...

Yes i think petruk(spelling sorry no disrespect intended)showed us this method i could be wrong on the name,it work's well.:cool:

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Sorry, the thread starter isnt here any more but you might find it at an art supplier or screen print supllier

C

Chamba

the piece of mesh tied to the jar works even better if you then fit a collection bag over the jar opening ..this extra bag can be a paper or celophane bag etc and will prevent resin "fly-away" loss.

and also.... you can empty the jar of all the plant material and then re-sift the kif two times, stopping when 85%~90% of the kif has passed through into the collection bag each time...this triple re-sift technique is one of many ways to help improve the quality of your hash when using a single screen

another way is to stretch the mesh tautly over a largish dish or plate..then use a card and scrape the kif back and forth over the mesh, stopping when about 85% has passed through, set the 15% aside then re-card the kif...resin heads fall through the mesh in greater numbers initially than the non-THC debris, dust, broken bits of leaf, stalks etc as it is round and heavier.

rooms with a low humidity are ideal for dry sifting....

after the first shake, put the jar back in the freezer for an hour and then re-shake the material for a lesser grade kif

aged, dry, frozen material will drop it's resin heads readily

actually the best technique of all ..when quality over yield is important....is to not let the contaminants in with the gold dust in the first place so you don't have to worry about having to remove them later....with a bit of experience, good starting material, several screen mesh sizes and a gentle technique you will be able to produce hash that is too blond, too sticky and will get you too high! (set that aside and then re-work the material more aggressively to reap the remainder of the trichomes, the second run will contain more contaiminants as more veg matter is broken up and passes through with the resin heads)

for more info on screens, dry sifting & kiffing ..do a search through my previous posts, as i often pop into these threads with a comment or two.

and if you feel like splashing out and getting a dual screen frame stash box then check out Gypsy's new stash box models....

http://www.seedboutique.com/store/product_info.php?currency=USD&cPath=22&products_id=973

and on seedbay.com (now on special for $100)

http://www.seedbay.com/index.php?a=1002&b=4039

happy kiffing!

Last edited:
C

Chamba

has anyone tried rigging a collection bag over the above mesh/jar method yet?..if so please post comments!