What's new

Fuse's "Joker" 280W LED tent grow

Ny2CaFuse

Greetings all. I figured I'd throw up a few pictures of my latest grow before harvest. I'll throw up some more pictures after harvest with weight and everything, but for now a little info and current shots of the grow:

I bought a tent a while back and never used it because I couldn't fit the damn reflector for the 600W HPS I had, so it sat in a closet until this grow. It's 30x30x62(ish). It's not the best quality in the world, but it works for me. I started the grow with CFLs in hopes of securing a LED light by the time flowering started, but life got in the way of that plan and I didn't get one until 3-4 weeks into flowering. The light is a 6-band(with UV) 280W Dirt Genius flowering fixture. I got it off Amazon for $200 shipped, and I'm really happy with it. It has individual replaceable 3W LEDs and a decent warranty. It is underdriven to 2W, but it's still bright as shit, and the plants seem to love it.

The plant strain is called "Joker" by the guy I got the clones from. He grows a few strains, and supposedly he and I are the only ones growing this in the area. In fact, he grilled me on whether I was giving it out to other people or keeping it for myself. I guess he's just paranoid about the genetics getting out. The plants sit in rubbermaid containers full of coco, amended with EWC. I put 6 plants in each container and veg until I had a solid canopy. I had a set back early on with mites, and I have been battling them ever since with No-Pest strips and an organic pest spray. I lost 4 of the original 12 plants to the mites, not because of damage but rather just to limit the spread to other plants. I'm pretty sure it's been a factor in the growth of the plants, but not too bad. I've been really diligent with wiping them off the face of the planet.

I hand water DTW, 1 gallon for each container, so 2 gallons total per day. I fed strictly Maxibloom during veg and early flower. Mid-flower I introduced KoolBloom powder into the mix, and weened them off the maxibloom. The last couple feedings have been double/triple dose Koolbloom and moleases. I stopped feeding a few days ago, and will probably go straight water for the next week. The trics are starting to turn milky, and as soon as I see the first signs of amber, I'll chop. I'm getting a little lazy with the couch-lock stuff I've been smoking lately.

Without further ado, the pics:

Ny2CaFuse

Thanks, Neekz.

Yeah I've been following LEDs for a long time now. I was interested in them back when dudes were making panels with the 5-10mm diodes. It's come a long way, and I'm happy I finally got on the bandwagon. My plants aren't as big as the ones the guy I got the clones from is growing, but they sure do look danker, IMO.

The light claims a 50,000 hour lifespan. So divide that by 12(hours on per day in flower), and you have 4166 days of flowering operation. Divide that by a 60 day strain, and you get 69 grows out of it. Of course, it's all theoretical. But if I can get 20 grows out of it, I'd be ecstatic. Hell, I'd be happy with getting 10 grows out of it.

Neekz

Yeah I know what you mean, we are not all commercial grower's lol... I LOL everytime I see someone say that a panel of this type can't grow bud, or that it will only grow popcorn up to 6" away... They get the job done without having to drop $.5-$1k on a unit. Id take a nug of this "Joker",

picture.php

over any medi-club commercial,

Romberry.jpg

ANYDAY!

While the leds last a long time, you might have to replace a ballast. Use the hell out of it those first three years. - I need one for a small unit I have. It is not a big deal. I can get one for 5 bucks on ebay. I just haven't taken the time to match it up.

Latest posts

Latest posts