What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Could thrips cause this kind of damage or is it broad mites?

MonkeyPaw

My plants in veg for sure have thrips. I think my plants in flower have broad mites.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Could thrips do this kind of damage in flower or is it broad mites?

attachment.php
attachment.php

Snype

Veteran
Doesn't look like thrips to me. I've dealt with them many times in the past. I can't speak to broad mites though because I've never had them.
Try to get 30x scope to have a closer look.

Definitely broadmites! I know this is an old thread, but just got to put my two cents in, that'll those for at least a year. classic BM leaf curl on lower pic those leaves where they are Folding down from the center vein like a taco, and then also curling downwards in a "c" shape. It's a combination of two different types of leaf curl, that to me always signifies BM. Those tiny white specs in the top photograph, also look like broadmites, very hard to spot. As it progresses, the leaves will curl up on itself in a open spiral shape almost like a rams horn..

Im also confirming bms from your pics.
Spray wettable sulfur thru atomizer up to wk 2 of flower [no trichs], buildasoil has an essential oil mix, get it and rotate sprays. I also use pfr-97 in an atomizer. Im seeing 100% eradication and also ordered a. swirskii for clean up. This will clear your pest problem organically. You can also add nerm oil to this if you want but I didn't use it.

Great, thanks for the input on the organic controls. I didn't know how to treat them organically, my friend steered me the chemical route: pylon & avid rotation sprays, he gave me Kontos to use, but I was too scared to use it

the little white bugs im not sure of because broad mites would not be visible in a photgraph, you need at least 60x. Yeah definite broad-mites in the flower pics. You got a lot of options these days for broad mites. The pylon, forbid, avid rotation for the chemical controls. In organic control you got dr. zymes or nuke'em (exact same product the NE is OMRI listed and more expensive), predatory mites, OGBioWar Foliar pack, sulfur spray and a few more. Good luck!