What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hotboxes moves to med-ville

hotboxes

Ok guys I am back and this time I am here to stay didn't get a new computer yet, but a buddy lent me a spare laptop till I can get one. anyway as you can read in the title i am going to be in a newly licensed med state and have already landed a spot with a guy that has a system up already but isn't making due with what he has so he needed some help and i needed a new spot, so it made sense to both of us to team up and grow some meds.

(disclaimer)- I hate having partners but this just fell into my lap and he is ready to hand over the reins so why the hell not.

back to the situation . Right now my new growbro has a spot that is 12x11x6 (Lxwxh) and he has 2- 1000watters hardly any exhaust and cooling with cool tubes vertically and cooling with hot ambient air from inside the room instead of running an independent line for just the lights and wonders why he is only getting 9-10 ounces per 6 plants per 2000 watts. I dont have any pics yet dont have my camera here yet plus the deal just went down last night so things are in the works and i should be able to get some cell phone shots till I get all my shit moved over here.

He is totally ready to give me full control of his OP to start producing better yields, but with this control will come drastic modifications to his existing room and hopefully a lil help from all of you out there we can get this shit started proper.

First off I was going to split the room into 2 rooms for a monthly flip each room will be 5x5x6' I cant decied weather I want to use the 1000's he already has or go with 2 600s in each. The method will be PPK's and I am sourcing some turface also but mite have to use coco for the first couple runs till I can get everything I need. This is going to be a working progress and will most likely not be going for at least another cpl weeks, but until then we can bounce some ideas off of each other. I am thinking about 1 plant on each wall. with a total of 8 plants between the 2 rooms. as its looking I am going to have an assortment of different equipment between the 2 of use so until we get to a point where we can outfit everything its gonna be a mis-match of this and that. All perimeters will be taken into consideration and covered. I need to split the room and then put a false wall in to hang the A/C's in I will have a 5k btu and a 10k btu, I mite be able to get away with using just the 10k but we'll see specially in the summer time, but winters will be cooled by outside air.

Its late and i just wanted to get this thread started so i have a log to start with on this grow, any and all questions, ideas,ect. are welcomed please feel free to post whatever I will not get to get any picks for a few days but will be going over there possibly tomorrow or tuesday so i will try and get some of the existing set up so you can get an idea of what i will have to start with. till then have a good night everyone

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tents man...
All kinds of good thing ya could do with tents each
being a separate controlled environment(maybe a lung room)

No worries or time spent on walls floors spill trays
so on and so forth..

Keep it simple....
Dont try to impress just double his best and build
up slow and steady.

Keep it simple...
One space~~~Clone a smaller D9 set up..
is a good option...

Keep it simple...
Get 50lb bags o jacks

Keep it simple
Kiddie pools... :)YaRight:)

Keep it simple....
Pre order Mite and PM treatments and if he can afford it.
start off with a less good gear than more crap
that looks yet don't preform.

You gotz this bro...
Hands down...

OK my quick build 12x11 room

4 ~5' x 5' tents
or but not preferred
2~10 x 5 with a center built in wall.

D9 PPK build.Pots and control/pulse---
To a dime...

4 plants per tent ( Doughnut)

PVC screens

Stacked 600s

8" or 10" exhaust fan-scrubber in each tent
Insulated ducting and ya might be able to forget
the AC(wouldn't that blow his mind)

Share the control/Pulse totes, 1200 gpm pumps(1 per-Tent)
Might get away with 2 totes...

Simple..

NOW ME... Im going.. Same same -just---

1 pool per tent- x 4

4 ladies per pool.
Nets set as I have in Area51

each pool started 3 -4 weeks apart

all flower all the time..
Maybe 1 veg tent if ya don't have a different area.

in 9 months your rollen hard core and almost auto pilot...

(in a perfect world )

Just need a good mother and start 4 clones every 2 weeks
and kill off the slight over stock
to stay on course and not mix things up...

Anyways... Good times on ya adventure is a must
and
upfront hard facts/cost, to ya partner is a bonus...

This is the time for him to back out..
Not once your into the build and he's all (let go cheap)
Lets TRY this... lol

Dude im posting it to my real facebook page...
Your mom will love it... OPS... lol Partners...
Just playing...

Work ya magic bro...

Cant wait to see what ya gotz...

.​

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
well, i found your thread! accidentally! thanks for keeping a brother up on the news!

wassup?

Mister_D

Veteran
I would like to see a complete list of all equipment you two have combined, and a budget. I'll be around to see what you come up with :biggrin:

hotboxes

well, i found your thread! accidentally! thanks for keeping a brother up on the news!

wassup?

good luck!

I would like to see a complete list of all equipment you two have combined, and a budget. I'll be around to see what you come up with :biggrin:

thanks guys its getting to that time of the year and I finally arrived at my new spot about aweek ago. D9 sorry for not informing you I have been all over the place trying to get into this new spot and trying to make it a reallity. 420 Thanks for the well wishes i'm going to need them. Mister_D I will have a full list soon along with future nesesities(?) for the build out.

well I arrived last week and my partner had everything cleared out of the room to begin the transformation of the new room/s my dimentions are 12'6"Wx13'Lx5'10"H this will be converted into 2 flower chambers and an entrence way that will hold the resavours, ballast, flipbox and recycle air. Each chamber will be roughly 5'5"Wx7'6"Lx5'10"H. Vertical with PPK's and a 1000 watt on a flip. I will be using a 6"inline with a can33 in each chamber along with duct silencers. I have a couple pictures I will load in a few after I get this post typed up. I will have an AC for each room in the summer and pulling in cool brisk new England air in the winter time. I am haveing a problem trying to configure a flow chart for my intake and exhaust to accomidate each season.I have an unused chimmney at my disposal for exhausting used air, or for pulling in fresh air its still undecided. hopefully you guys can help me figure out this problem I am having.

The first run will be in just pots with coco using a K.I.S.S. formula for feed in plastic buckets but as soon as we get the first room up and running the next will be fitted with a PPK system 1 plant per wall 4 in all with an expected 1lb per plant hopefully. I see this goal being achieved and possibly more a month perpetual. the rooms will be staggered a month apart so we can be pulling a room every 4 to 5 weeks and be able to flip and repot new cycles. I still have my 400 and 600 quantums to use for veg cyclye along with t5's and regular floros. as of late he has been using a bathroom along with a smaller closet to veg in. but we will be converting the cloest into all of the veg with possibly the 4 or 600 for hardening off before they enter the flower chamber. the dimention on the closet are 3'x3'x6.5'H easily able to accomidate 4 juveniles along with clones and mothers. keeping the babbies and moms on the floor and keeping the preflowering plants above them on shelves we figure each round will get a month of 4 or 600 hids before enerting flower so we should achieve our goals. We have water and everything accessible to us in the grow room its basicly a 1 bedroom apartment conerted into a grow factory. Its a far cry from a veg and flower tent lol. I am going to get these pictures loaded up and try and fugure out this delema with my exhaust and intake any thoughts or ideas are welcomed please share. so let the growing begin ha ha ha ha ha. the genetics are LVkush and some sort of diesel. I was unable to keep the genes I had run last time but will be putting in an order in the next few weeks to a month for some diferent things I know for sure I want to run a cpl long flowering sativas for personal consumption only maybe the oldtimer haze from ACE or the mecong thia something with a 20 to 30 week flower period along with the usual suspects some kushes ,chems, or other hybrids for patients. on that note I am going to load up these pics and get to work we should have the first room up and running with in a weeks time.

hotboxes

new space

new space

the first 3 are of the flower room that still needs built out with the chambers the last 2 are of a cpl of the plants going tinto the first round.

Attachments

• jays 001.jpg
    jays 001.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 17
  • jays 002.jpg
    jays 002.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 15
  • jays 003.jpg
    jays 003.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG 1136
    IMG 1136
    76 KB · Views: 35
  • jays 005.jpg
    jays 005.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 15

hotboxes

continued

continued

these last 2 are one of the rest of the veg plants and the second is of the hallway looking down to the rooms. I am so excited to get going this year. I am working on getting my license for the state to become legal also. things are looking up and I can't wait to get going. hope every one enjoys my thread

Attachments

• jays 007.jpg
    jays 007.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 12
  • jays 006.jpg
    jays 006.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 18

420ish

i exhaust thru a chimney in summer.in winter i exhaust into my cold air return duct and leave furnace fan on all time so i get to heat my house with the lights.cut my heating bill in half by doing that.good luck!

hotboxes

i exhaust thru a chimney in summer.in winter i exhaust into my cold air return duct and leave furnace fan on all time so i get to heat my house with the lights.cut my heating bill in half by doing that.good luck!

yeah we have electrical heat so there is no return, but im right on the ocean and there is always a nice cool breeze coming off of it so we are thinking of just making it a full time fresh air intake. We are starting the build tonight and are hoping to have the first room up and running by the weekend to get our first five in as they are or have already out grown the veg room, and i see them being a real hassle going into flower almost unmanegable at the size they are at is already higher than our spot. I see a lot of training in the future for those ones. but our second run roughly a month from the time we start the first room will be run in PPK's.I have a guy sourcing 1 inch rubber fittings for my buckets . and all my buckets will be connected to one series then I am trying to get the 12 inch hydro halos for my pulse feed line run off of 1/2 I.D. tubing to get as much flow as possible in as as a time as I can. thanks for the feedback 420ish its greatly appreciated and have a great day.

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hotbox is in Da House... Well Apartment...:)

Nice... Solid move's forward...

Looks like ya gots some beauties going..
Damn bro that's going to be fun to control through flower..

Looks like you have a great set up building and it's all
about getting it up and running the right way the 1st time so as to
dial and produce and not tweak and improve.. :biggrin:

Liking the game plan and design and cant wait to see ya do ya thang.

Ya might look into using chicken wire on the ceiling as DHF points out for tying the upper colas off to..

I would suggest pre placing a boat load of strings on the ceiling before placing the ladies in...

Are you going wide pot Flood ? (PPK)

Well I gotz me a great seat and loves this kind of show...

From the get go,show...
Golden....

:lurk:
:smoke out:
:abduct:

hotboxes

Hotbox is in Da House... Well Apartment...:)

Nice... Solid move's forward...

Looks like ya gots some beauties going..
Damn bro that's going to be fun to control through flower..

Looks like you have a great set up building and it's all
about getting it up and running the right way the 1st time so as to
dial and produce and not tweak and improve.. :biggrin:

Liking the game plan and design and cant wait to see ya do ya thang.

Ya might look into using chicken wire on the ceiling as DHF points out for tying the upper colas off to..

I would suggest pre placing a boat load of strings on the ceiling before placing the ladies in...

Are you going wide pot Flood ? (PPK)

Well I gotz me a great seat and loves this kind of show...

From the get go,show...
Golden....

:lurk:
:smoke out:
:abduct:

Thanks alien, yeah i plan on putting something on the ceiling since I am already restricted on vertical height the first batch is going to be a chore for sure. This first run is just going to be in 3.5 gal plastic buckets of coco mixed with perlite to a 70-30 mix 70% being the coco using my modified maxibloom (K.I.S.S.) formula. I have to catch up on a lot of reading on here I had to take a break from it all for a spell to get my head right and get my new spot together. Yeah I believe I am going to go with the shallow wide rimmed top container, I need to locate a container that is maybe a little less round and a lil bit taller. reason being is that my veg room is confined to a smaller area but my height is better plus If running PPK's I am going to want to just take the plant from one ppk to the flower module so I need to find a container that will accomadate my veg area as well as enough room for roots and then refitted to my flower room so I have my work cut out for me. but as soon as I get everything I need both flower chambers and my 4 preflower veg plants will all be ppk's. I will be out today getting the room built , yesterday I got sick and was unable to start building today is a much better day for me so I see us getting a lot accomplished. I am using my friends computer till I get a new one so I will only be on once or twice a day when I can to check up on things till I get a new computer. hope everything is going good for you and i will get over to your thread as soon as I can to check everything out have a good one

hotboxes

thanks for stopping in noyd. putting the finishing touches on room numero uno should have plants in it tonightI will oadup all the pics from the build out and go threw it tomorrow once I have the time see every one tomorrow

hotboxes

quick update

quick update

heres a few pics of the build out of room number 1 it went up pretty quickly for as slow as it started out but we should be dropping plants in tonight. everythiing will be just under the 600 until we get a 1000 watt quantum for our flipbox. plus we also need to finish room #2 but we have roughly a month to do so. hope everyone enjoys I have to run and get everything together and then start working on the veg room I will get photos up of that project toon.

Attachments

• jays 009.jpg
    jays 009.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 15
  • jays 042.jpg
    jays 042.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 10
  • jays 041.jpg
    jays 041.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 22
  • jays 050.jpg
    jays 050.jpg