What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RedEyed New Variety Test: *Washington Apple* & *Purple Rhodi*

budelight

Discovery Requires Experimentation
Veteran
Helllooooo Everyone and good evening.

Pez x Ortega = Washington Apple
Purple Elephant x Ortega= Purple Rhodi

Been around here for a few years, check for updates daily, and now its time for a grow-along!

I am testing out two brand new varieties for the Redeyed Genetics Team in the Pacific Northwest. They have some very rare and very potent cuts from several tight circles. I am pleased to help establish their reputation with a detailed and rich thread with honest feedback.

Not sure what types of pheno's to expect or how many. To date, i have popped just 2 of each cross while i upgrade my grow.

I will start with some pictures of the parents used (Click for more shots)

Ortega - "The Ortega Im working with originate from oldschool NL genetics" -RedeyedNReady

Pez

Purple Elephant

budelight

Veteran
These have been growing for about 4 weeks and they are looking very healthy. Vigerous growth on them under 2x26w cfl's. All were germinated in an Aerogarden, then transplanted into solo cups of Fox Farm Happy Frog soil.

Soon they will be going into my cab around a 150w hps.

Heres what they look like now (Purple Rhodi on Left & Washington Apple on Right)

EDIT: On page 3. Right before the flip. Heres some insight I got
  • My Purple Rhodi #1 is more Purple Elephant leaning in overall structure and leaf shape.
  • My Purple Rhodi #2 is more Ortega dom. Should bush out heavily and can take some selective branching.

Attachments

• IMG_4522.jpg
    IMG_4522.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4523.jpg
    IMG_4523.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4524.jpg
    IMG_4524.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4525.jpg
    IMG_4525.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 45

Mikenite69

Veteran
Looking good budelight My first friend on icmag. Lol. When is this seedbank gonna be selling there gear or where can you look them up now? Or are they just getting all gear ready to be released? Well looks like some killer strains. Good luck with the grow I'll pull up a seat for this one.

budelight

Veteran
Looking good budelight My first friend on icmag. Lol. When is this seedbank gonna be selling there gear or where can you look them up now? Or are they just getting all gear ready to be released? Well looks like some killer strains. Good luck with the grow I'll pull up a seat for this one.
Hey Mikenite69, Thanks for finding my thread. Welcome and have some :lurk:

The gear is not yet for sale on the seedbay yet, but it will be soon! What the Redeyed Genetics team is doing is having growers like me, test out their seeds to get a profile of the new strain's traits and phenotypes. Think about taking a survey and the more people you asked, the more accurate an answer you get.

ttyl,
BeL

Catchin1

Hey

Hey

Hey Mikenite69, Thanks for finding my thread. Welcome and have some :lurk:

The gear is not yet for sale on the seedbay yet, but it will be soon! What the Redeyed Genetics team is doing is having growers like me, test out their seeds to get a profile of the new strain's traits and phenotypes. Think about taking a survey and the more people you asked, the more accurate an answer you get.

ttyl,
BeL

Hey budelight,
Great start and a great line up. Looking good so far and great background info and breeder pics with your intro. Nice touch. Mind if I steal the idea? LOL......I will be joining you in the RedEyednReady testers group as soon as RED gets the White Lotus batch out to us. I cannot wait. I have the spaces ready and waiting for you RED :thank you:
Respects,
C1:tiphat:

Mikenite69

Veteran
Yes that is great because I know a lot of breeders that release untested genetics so good for them for testing there gear before releasing it. They sound like they will be a good company for seeds because it doesn't look like they are out just chasing the almighty dollar or euro. Lol like a lot of breeders that just make new strains/crosses and release them untested and people wind up with crap strains or a bunch of hermie strains. I would ask where could I sign up to be a tester but IMO I am gonna be pretty busy and full for the next few months because I'll be testing karmas gear and med-makers/med-mans gear can't wait either. Med-mans road kill skunk sounds like a winner that's why I signed up for that hopefully it really turns out to have that old school skunk funk that u rarely smell anymore and I'll be testing karmas c99bx x biker kush also really excited about this cross to gonna be a funky summer either way and I'll be posting my first journals to this site. Well anyways those pics you posted truly look like good genetics and I am liking how they are testing everything before releasing it shows that they don't want to release shit to the public or community. I can't wait to see your end results good luck with the grow I hope you get plenty of dank when you are finished.

budelight

Veteran
Your babies are looking great! Keep up the good work.
Thanks Im me - Yours are filling out nicely, What day of flower are you at?

Bought to start blowing up in this forum, I for one, can not wait :)

Cheers!
Budelight

(ps. thanks for stopping by)

RedEyedNReady

Who ever said, "...a watched pot never boils." is
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love the start to your journal! Greart being able to see the parents used, and their youngins. Speaking of which, yours are looking GREAT! Thank you so much for the pics and reports! Really means a lot to us

I

im me

Thanks Im me - Yours are filling out nicely, What day of flower are you at?

Bought to start blowing up in this forum, I for one, can not wait :)

Cheers!
Budelight

(ps. thanks for stopping by)

they're about 17-18 days in and i think its awesome almost everyone who received testers from red is keeping their end of the deal and doing threads! really looking forward to seeing how yours turn out.

CannaMMJ

Great thread.
Im waiting for my package of beans to arrive. I will start clearing space in a few days. I need to Bomb the area, clean it and get things ready. I'm starting that on Weds. . Once i'm ready i will start a thread with the room and equipment and go from there.

budelight

Veteran
they're about 17-18 days in and i think its awesome almost everyone who received testers from red is keeping their end of the deal and doing threads! really looking forward to seeing how yours turn out.
Do you have any speculation on how many weeks these will be good to start flush and harvest?

Good Luck ;)

I

im me

Im just guessing theyll go about nine weeks? Im not gonna need to flush em because they dont want any nutes at all anymore! Its wierd, if they could talk everytime I poke my head in theyd say plain water and light only we can handle the rest. Most care free grow ever!!

budelight

Veteran
The Setup

The Setup

Howdy All,

Here is where they will be Vegged (65w cfl) and Flowered (150w HPS)

attachment.php

This upper space is reserved for a cloning room, trying to find a nice little light setup that puts of zero heat to light it

attachment.php

This should give you an example of my ambient conditions with lights and fan off, from inside the growbox

attachment.php

And my timer that will be used for flower

attachment.php

Plant shots next...

Attachments

• IMG_4540.jpg
    IMG_4540.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4541.jpg
    IMG_4541.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4543.jpg
    IMG_4543.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4544.jpg
    IMG_4544.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 47

budelight

Veteran
Week 6 since Germination

Week 6 since Germination

Tonight the plants got their transplant into fresh soil. They have some yellowing on the lower leaves because they ended up being rootbound in the solo cups. These have received no nutes yet, just what was in the soil originally. I expect to start with 1/4 strength MaxiGrow veg nutes in a few days after a pure water drink tonight.

Pez x Ortega Shots
Washington Apple #1 on left and Washington Apple #2 on right

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_4534.jpg
    IMG_4534.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_4535.jpg
    IMG_4535.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 44