What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kandy Kush grow

Hi and welcome to my Kandy Kush grow. It's a cross between OG Kush and Train Wreck and therefore very tantalizing to my taste buds. My good friend gave me 2 seeds and I managed to get them to pop on March 31 2013.

One of the seeds just exploded with growth and I naturally chose to clone her for that fact. She's in a 5 gal pot now about 3.5 meters high.

I took 13 clones on May 29 2013 and 13 more June 13 2013. Here is the first 13 and now transplanted into 4" pots on 6/9 all rooted and growing now, 16 days old.

I will get some pics of the next 13 up shortly.
I am using 4 600 Watt Dimmable MH/HPS digital ballasts with standard 19" winged hoods. Space is 11'x13x7' and I installed a 6" centrifugal inline fan with a carbon filter to exhaust the heat and humidity.
I will keep posting the updates and pics and welcome any comments.

OK correction about 3.5 feet tall, not meters.

I am using a soil base of 55% Compost, 15% Coco Coir, 15% Perlite and 15% Sphagnum Moss. I add in 5% more Perlite and 5% Vermiculite and when filling up a pot I use 20% Worm Castings to 80% mixed soil.
More details to follow!

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
good luck! I've been growing the Oaksterdam Kandy Kush clone for a while and it has a really nice taste and unique smell, really stanks up the place when burned. strong indica dom effects, small buds with huge deep purple fan leaves. lots of frost.

picture.php

Thanks for stopping by! That looks as yummy as you describe it.
I have had OG Kush and Train Wreck separately but not a cross and am really looking forward to it now. Thanks for the boost of optimism man!

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Hi: What is the outdoors finishing time for Kandy Kush? I had a space for 1 more plant in my MMJ garden so I grabbed a clone of Kandy Kush and I am wondering if it will finish here in Colorado as the growing season is over 1st week of October.

The bank we got seeds from is Reserva Privada - Flowering Time is 8-9 weeks and yield is 400-600g/m2. I didn't see a separate indoor/outdoor timeframe (

Okay a couple quick updates, I promised a pic of the 2nd batch of clones here they are:

Heres all 27 of them

A last look of the Kandy Kush bush :laughing: before going into 12/12 tomorrow.

I am looking forward to seeing this beast mature to finish and supporting her branches of love :blowbubbles:

Take it easy and more to come.

We have lift off :rtfo:
She went into pitch black (20 hours) yesterday and her first ever contact with HPS will be tonight. She sun bathed a lot though during veg and when I could fit her out the 30"x24" window lol. I expect her stretch another 2 to 2 1/2 feet to top out around 6 to 6 1/2 feet. (My support devices are standing by)
More updates to come.

Twist1

good luck! I've been growing the Oaksterdam Kandy Kush clone for a while and it has a really nice taste and unique smell, really stanks up the place when burned. strong indica dom effects, small buds with huge deep purple fan leaves. lots of frost.

View Image

That Kandy Kush bud looks mouth-watering! :tiphat:

O

OKD

Now you've been neglecting to show of Kandy Kush #2, the freakier sativa pheno of the two sisters. She's so lithe and long of leaf. Eleven blades on the leaves now?

Sexxxy! Even with the bedhead!

picture.php

Wooooah, I hope she's not a boy....but I don't think so!

Last edited:

iron justice

RP Kandy Kush is a lovely bit of smoke.. grew one out and it was a beast, loved being topped and was just easy to grow in general.. shame the whole lot hermied due to the timer failing and not turning of when it should have and was seeded so i don't think it was as potent as it should have been.

sdd420

Veteran
Also fwiw mine are looking like 10-11 weeks at 8 weeks now and haven't even started flush yet. Good luck

O

OKD

The two Kandy Kush seeds were freebies from last year, and we weren't certain that they are feminized. I have only found regular Reserva Privida Kandy Kush seeds on the net. So we gonna make sure we know what we got!
I took a clone of KGB-D's second, more sativa-like KKush bush. The clone has been in flower for 9 days. If there are balls on her they're super-duper tiny!​

picture.php

Last edited:
O

OKD

And KK#2 is a boy! Here's my little sprout. Put him back into veg after 9-10 days in flower.
picture.php

Sorry for hoggin' yr thread!

furrywall11

I grew Kandy Kush last year outdoors...It was kind of hard to trim and not a big yielder. I jarred it up and just opened it a week ago and now it's my favorite smoke... the aftertaste is sugary candy and the high is stoned with smiles.

Here's the latest pic of the Kandy Kush - Been in flower now for 2 weeks and developing very nicely.
She got a little LST, she likes that sorta thing, plus I needed to be proactive and support those future top heavy branches

I also topped the 1st round of clones, 12 of them. Here they are before their Bikini Wax

And after, Hot looking ladies! They will get transplanted into larger pots at the end of the week.

And a left over Bouquet for a nice green wedding!

The 2nd round of clones are looking good, getting ready for transplant later this week.

She will get the brunt of fertilizer starting next watering and up to the last 2 weeks than she'll get flushed and straight water (well maybe a tsp of Molasses is all) She has to live up to her name after all!
1st round clones start their regiment of fertilizer later this week after transplanting.

That's about it for now, I hope you all enjoy the 4th, if you celebrate. I'll be smoking one for our forefathers as I'm sure they enjoyed the herb just like we do!