What's new

The Best pH Down/Up

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey all! :wave:

Need to purchase more ph solution.

Whats every one using these days?

I hear advanced Nutrients has the strongest ph down.

I was looking into the dry powder ph down from GH as well.

Anything cheaper/better?

:thank you:

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Maybe I should rephrase that - Which is better overall in the long run, concentration wise?

I hear the AN ph down is extremely strong - but I found the powder ph down - for cheaper - but it might not be as effective at lowering ph with low doses.

Thanks Galactic :)

Budbuddysmile

I think you have answered your own question:) AN is more concentrated. Regardless, the price difference is not huge unless you have a large res. If you are only mixing up 5-10gal... GH works fine. If you are any bigger then that, I would say AN makes the most sense. AN is so concentrated that you would have to use a dropper to adjust pH in small reservoirs. Or you could pre diluted your pH in a quart or gallon jug and use that to adjust.

Powder pH adjuster sounds like a pain in the butt. So, in the end. Go with the biggest bang for your buck. That would be the more concentrated AN. If you need to pre dilute, do it and the bottle should last you damn near forever.

A

ak-51

Powder pH adjuster sounds like a pain in the butt.
You could just mix the powder into a gallon of distilled water yourself. That would probably be the cheapest.

I have considered doing this with citric acid to make pH down.

Plus it cuts down on the hydro-trash. Bottles of pH up and down are suspicious. A empty gallon of distilled water is not. An empty citric acid container would not be suspicious to the layman.

Medium Pimpin'

Ask Beavis, I Get Nothing Butt Head
Veteran
i never liked powder up or down.
always fucked my water up.
i switched to AN and never looked back.
only thing AN i use except for the occasional overdrive.

LyryC

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks homies - good info that solidifies the way I feel. AN it is!

The citric acid mix idea is clutch tho - and the bottles are a dam pain the ass imo - K+

farmdalefurr

I feel nothing and it feels great
Veteran
I hate to say it, but AN has the best UP/DWN

ive been using my bottles for damn near 4 years and their still 1/2 full

T

TribalSeeds

Nobody has mentioned Mad Farmer. Its not very concentrated, so you use more, but its made from different buffers. I guess the theory is that you wont use too much of any specific ingredient if your nutrient solution needs a lot of adjusting.
Dry - pre mixed in a bottle is actually the cheapest way to do it, but its really annoying.