What's new

THE SEARCH FOR CBD

growhi

been seeing shanty allot lately at shows and on you tube ....................... maybe hes taking a leave out of arans book and is going all Hollywood lol

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'll have to check out the video this weekend. I had no idea until recently that youtube had so much cool weed content. I saw 3 episodes of Strain Hunters just last weekend.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
That sounded like a commercial for CBD Crew. It sounds like they're doing great work though.

I've never grown a high CBD strain before. I just picked up a Harlequin clone, which I plan on flowering later this year. It supposedly has high THC and high CBD. I should probably get it tested myself once I have the buds.

I'm mostly interested in the high THC strains. The main reason for my medical card is insomnia, and THC is perfect for that. I'm more interested in CBD in case I need it for other medicinal uses like pain relief without getting too high. It seems like a good idea to keep a plant like that in case it's ever needed.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Clark Metcalfe of Feminine Seeds selfed the spanish Cannatonic and was (maybe still is) selling the seeds at various "hempcon" events and online at his website.

Dr Courtney tested plants grown from the feminized Cannatonic and the results have been spread around the web.

WerkShop.Cannatonic.jpg

When I grew out these seeds a few years back I had similar results and saved the #4 pheno which has a nasty smell
and taste and was almost all CBD. It makes a nice topical when mixed 50/50 with THC dominate meds.

The #4 Cannatonic is advertised now in dispensaries in many medical states, check weed m@ps.

The pheno that I got that was all THC has been by far the best liked strain I have grown. Very commercial high yielding with
rock hard frosty buds that smell unusual. Personally I find it to be strong but boring and I don't enjoy it.

I couldn't find anyone who liked the mixed thc/cbd phenos, nor did anyone like the high cbd pheno.
I suspect that the high CBD strain are helpful to those with spasticity issues and
people who dislike feeling "high".

If you enjoy the euphoria that most cannabis provides you will be disappointed in high CBD strain IMO. It is a "buzzkill" for me.

Myself I had hoped that high CBD meds would be the "Holy Grail" for my auto-immune problems but I did not find that to be the case.
It turns out that clone only OG Kush and Sour Diesel have been the best Medicine that I've found to date for my conditions. Trainwreck and Jack Herer work well but I don't have a good example in my garden yet. Same with GSC.

I had to obtain a California MMJ card and do lots of travel and sampling in the state to find the strains that worked best for me.
I find that for me I can tell from the smell if a sample will be effective, all the strains that work best for me have something similar in the bag smell.

G

GreenPlant

Chart looks Fab
On the iPhone tho so don't wanna enlarge it ,lol

I'm growing Pre 98 Bubba Kush this time.
High in CBD s I believe
Will be good for a wheelchair bound bud :smoke:

12.35%,sure
Remember seeing 2 others were Higher but both were under 20% also..

Romulan

am giving CBD Crew's Sweet n Sour Widow a try.
thc:cbd 2:1 is the goldilocks ratio for some people with pesky auto immune conditions

Latest posts

Latest posts