What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

welcome to the rabbit burrow!

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
hi there,

as mentioned in the diggin' the rabbit burrow thread, pink rabbit dug his burrow and is ready for some action!

this is a CFL micro grow log.
if you're interested in technical parameters of the cab, don't hesitate to check out the thread mentioned above.

to give you a brief overview:

setup
cab dimensions are 16 x 12 inch (40 x 30cm)
height = 18 inch (45cm)

lighting
CFL 8 x 23 W = 184W
i wanted to squeeze as many CFL bulbs as possible so i made a multi-CFL-hood with remote ballast box

ventilation
PC fan + passive inlet
temps range: 70-80 F (21-27 C)
currently the cab runs with 5 bulbs on (115W) and temp of 76 F (25 C)

ladies and gents, welcome to the rabbit burrow!

RUN #1

first set of beans is known as the Hot Mix and here's how they looked 2 days after sprouting from the soil:

my first intent was to veg them for some time, then throw them outdoors. we will see.

the other strain that actually won the rabbit poll is ChemDogDD x SD ibl and it is being germinated as we speak.

Last edited:

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
oh, i completely forgot to clarify this... :biggrin:

Rabbit habitats include meadows, woods, forests, grasslands, deserts and wetlands. Rabbits live [...] in underground burrows, or rabbit holes.

source: wikipedia.org

picture.php

Cabinet Ninja

Veteran
Really loved the build thread and if the quality of your build is any indication, this thread is bound to deliver. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us :)

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
hey hey, glad to have first visitors here :)
cab ninja and trichy - welcome to the burrow

update: 4 days after sprouting

the seeds germed almost a week ago so i am little late to share this. let's catch up!

picture.php

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
ok, now back on track.

today the sprouts are 1 week old

there's something wrong with the plant named 'A' (on the left), as you can tell by its droopy leaves. i will refrain from watering this one for a little longer to see if this is caused by overwatering - any thoughts?

plant 'B' (middle) has some genetic (?) defect impacting shape of one leaf, otherwise looks good.

picture.php

still waiting for the ChemDogDD x SD ibl to show up, this should happen any minute now i believe.

Friend

Veteran
I read your whole build thread, and i can already tell by your attention to detail that your grow will more than likely be successful. But i can't help but wonder why you bothered to LST your plants below the first node. To gain any benefit from bending a plant over, it needs to be old enough to start growing branches.

G

gloryoskie

NKOTS, nice set up!

My thoughts on the leaf appearance is maybe
environment impact rather than genetics. Let
them mature, take cuttings, etc. before making
your cull.

What's your outline for success, yield, variety, fun?

Edit: vegging for an outdoor run, missed that!

Subbed, good thread.

Doji!

i really feel like something went seriously wrong with the seeds from my run
( tho, this is my 1st time with fem's and auto's )

yours are so much bigger then mine, and yet mine are close to a month from seed

i wish i could hang some lighting over mine to compensate for the terrible weather we have been getting here. and see if they do better

And ofc, Subbed :D

Last edited:

rootidec

Veteran
looking great Nkots :) just finished catching up, subbed to this one too.
that red ballast kicks ass with cooling... :) !

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
Hello everyone, nice to have you all here :)

friend, to answer your Q: i LST them from the first inch of their height in order to keep 'em as compact as it gets. Besides, this way they are already horizontally positioned so i hope it helps induce faster growth from the nodes..?
Thirdly, all plants have very short internodal distance (which is great) and i could not place these wire holders otherwise :)

gloryoskie, you may be right about environmental impact on the leaf shape. Time will tell!

In regard to your Q, i have no one clear purpose ;) it is rather a set of targets:
1. Gain more experience
2. Have fun
3. Get it right (end up with buds, not killing the plants on the way) ;)
4. Yield enough for my needs, which are not huge atm

Stay tuned, folks :smoke:

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
update: day 8

update: day 8

hello,

plants of Hot Mix are developing nice (however plant 'A' still does not look very well)

Latest posts

Latest posts