What's new

smoke and plants..

tromeros

Good mornign i have a question i grow in my room at my closet if i smoke (normal chigarets) and the smoke go in the closet at the plants is there any problem?

Plants send electrical signals when someone is smoking near them, as their is a fear of death at hand.

An excellent documentary which talks about how plants 'feel' and 'interact' with other species, is called
'The Secret life of Plants'
Its available in book form, and also an old video (on utube)
heres a link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGl4btrsiHk

Amazing documentary, even showing how the plant can correctly identify who commited a crime of killing other plants.
Definately worth a watch imo,

Enjoy, Be Safe.
Peace

S

shokdee

The Secret life of Plants

The Secret life of Plants

Plants send electrical signals when someone is smoking near them, as their is a fear of death at hand.

Even when animals are grazing them, plants send signals to others of the same species. Oh, it's just a world we have no idea about really.

Also, never ever smoke around seedlings and young plants!

Shokdee

brennye

I smoke around my plants, but very rarely and only for a short duration. No damage (that I can see) in 4 years, but wouldn't recommend it . Have even heard of people boiling tobacco to make a nicotine foilar spray for pests, but I suppose the boiling might destroy potential virus's etc..

toastfighter2

After battling mold and bugs, I have almost gotten to the point that I want to shower and put on clean clothes that were stored in a bag straight from the dryer. I go as to not smoke in the basement at all,and change shoes before going in the room.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
basically no..

i wouldnt lose any sleep over it anyway and i doubt you will notice any difference in your plants.. one cigarette barely changes the chemistry of the air enough for a plant to detect it, chemically anyway, electromagnetic based interactions are a different ball game, either way essentially no imo..