What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4x600 Strawberry coco\perlite grow

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I started out a new run today and thought of trying to maintain a diary.
It'll probably be low on pictures though, so I'm sorry in advance.

I got 63 "Strawberry" clones in premixed 50\50 coco\perlite as one cutting didn't root (aiming for a total of 64 healthy plants in 10 days). I should get a new clone tomorrow.

Popped 2x 600W lights over the new transplants (18/6) and gave them ~1L each of:
1.25 ml/L H&G A&B
0.3 ml/L Rootbastic
0.1 ml/L ATA Drip
pH - 6.0
And a foliar spraying of 10ml/L neem oil as the mom was in the vicinity of mites and shit. None of the clones seems infected but I don't want to take extra risks.

AC was set to 27°C and 2 fans are on the lowest setting.

Wish me luck :-D

Last edited:

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
I got the missing clone today, planted it and watered it.
Sprayed all the plants with neem oil and set up an air pump to aerate my reservoir.
This time I got some pictures.

attachment.php

attachment.php

And a shot of the electricity sub-panel for the lights. Nothing too fancy but it seems to work well.

attachment.php

@pisspotgrower:
Thanks!
I've checked each clone with a magnifying glass and hope they are all clean.
Even if there are, god forbid, mites I'm spraying neem oil for a week almost daily and it should solve that issue, at least for this round.

Attachments

• IMG_1915 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1915 (Large).jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1916 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1916 (Large).jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1923 (Large).jpg
    IMG_1923 (Large).jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 17

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
One clone seems to be dying for some reason. Will give it a day to recover and if it doesn't - replace it.
Otherwise, all is going well. Gonna get the CO2 tank running tomorrow, hopefully.

Thanks Buds4u2nv!

HAPPY 4/20 EVERYONE!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1926.JPG
    IMG_1926.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 17
For real, there isn't a huge list of followers yet?
Well Im jumping in here!
Setup looks mint, gotta love the perlite/coco mixes. You gonna add more lights, or do a SOG under the 2X600?
Looking good anyway man.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Thanks kiwi, it usually takes a few weeks until people start following my threads. Usually when flowering begins.

I got 2 more 600 lights rigged to the left of the ones in the pictures (one is peeking in one of the pictures) and plan on running 16 plants per light in a somewhat SOG fashion- pretty close and uniform one main cola plants, but I want them around 70cm tall at harvest.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Considering its going to be a summer grow I'm sealing up the room pretty tightly and CO2 becomes obligatory. I'm on the lookout for a proper CO2 sensor but meanwhile I'll be using a timer set up to 2 minutes per 2 hours.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
The sickly clone got replaced and CO2 has been installed at 2 minutes each 2 hours intervals.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
In a properly sealed environment you get a lot of problems if you don't add CO2 (or change the air now and then).
If the plants are low on CO2 they stall. Doesn't do that much to the yield but they take much longer to grow.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Everything is going as planned so far.
Temperatures didn't rise above 27°C and the AC didn't have to run at all. RH is around 65%, which is perfect with a daily mist.

Rigged a water pump to a watering wand and gave the plants what was left from the last watering.
Going to let them dry out until the end of the week to make them root faster. There's one clone I'm not sure will survive the drought but I don't want to bother with it anyhow if it won't root fast enough.

Sprayed them again with neem oil and the yellow sticky trap is still sterile. Cool.
Also gave the plants a foliar feeding with the end of the reservoir.

attachment.php

I've harvested a plant cloned from the same mother today and the tops look great but all the lower parts are very fluffy. It smelt pretty pungent and was very greasy.
That means I'll probably top them and give them an extra day or two of veg to keep the plants short with a good light coverage all over.
I also got a 4" vent and a carbon scrubber to filter the air inside the grow room when needed, which seems like would be pretty soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1928.jpg
    IMG_1928.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 18

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Its 9 days veg now, and I ignited the other 2x600W lights for a total of 4x600W lights.
Moved 16 plants under each light and finished preparing a reservoir consisting of:
2ml\L H&G A
1.5m\L H&G B
0.3 ml\L Rootbastic
0.1ml\L Ata Clean
pH- 5.3 (it tends to rise)
EC - 1.91 mS
Gave around 800ml per plant manually and sprayed neem oil once again.

Temps were around 26°C with the low peak at 23°C and the high peak at 28.2°C.
RH is around 60%.

I put both fans at 2\3 speed. They make the plants dance lightly when they point to their direction. I might crank one up to 3\3 to make them move much harder for a few days for them to harden their stems.

I'm going to let them veg. a tad longer than I expected as they don't fill the room quite enough. Another 4-5 days I assume.

I might change the 2 plants on the rim of the closest tray to the camera. They rooted fine but haven't grown that well.

attachment.php

Attachments

• adsgdsfh.jpg
    adsgdsfh.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 18

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Day 12 of veg

Most plants have rooted up to the point a few roots are visible from the drainage holes.
3 trays are ready to flower but one tray is a bit behind so I'll keep vegging for a couple more days.
I gave them a watering yesterday with the same solution as last time:
2ml\L H&G A
1.5m\L H&G B
0.3 ml\L Rootbastic
0.1ml\L Ata Clean

This time, pH: 5.5, EC: 2.0.

I also sprayed neem oil all over the plants.

I got half of the watering lines in place. Need to find the time to finish the irrigation system, but the current feeding solution is full of dirt and such that will clog the drippers so I'll keep on hand watering until the current reservoir is finished.
I guess a filter would be a good investment as well if I don't want to change the drippers too often.

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Day 14 (and the last day) of Veg.

Finished rigging up the irrigation system. It seems to work perfectly.
I hand watered the plants today with the same solution as last time but diluted it by 20% with distilled water.
1.6ml\L H&G A
1.2m\L H&G B
0.24 ml\L Rootbastic
0.08ml\L Ata Clean

pH: 6.0, EC: 1.83

I've switched the timer to a 12\12 photoperiod during their dark time, so the flowering days count begins tomorrow.

I've cranked up one fan to 3\3 and the bigger one is on 2\3. I will crank the bigger one to 3\3 as well today or tomorrow and I'll get another big fan in there for better circulation, although they look like they have perfect air circulation at the moment.
Still I rather have the extra fan at hand when they start stretching.

I'll try and grab a few pictures later on.

Cheers :)

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Day 1 of flowering

All but one plant looks very nice.
I gave them a watering with the same solution as yesterday and counted it takes 2 minutes for them to get soaked in water and start draining out. Should be around 1\4 L per plant in 2 minutes. Seems right.

The timer was a few hours off so I tuned it up. I hope it doesn't happen too often.

attachment.php

You can see the runt in the very front.
I'll probably shadow this one with a much bigger plant I plan on getting soon to flower with the side light.

The big fan have been cranked to 3\3 and now the plants dance like they had 4 beers.

Shabat Shalom!

Attachments

• sadasddfafsdag.jpg
    sadasddfafsdag.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 18

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
One of the biggest helpers to the clean setup is the green twist ties. I love them!

fonzee

Weed Cannasaur
Veteran
Day 2 of flowering

The timer isn't working correctly, I'll get it replaced ASAP.

I made a new reservoir with:
*50L AC water and 150L tap water
*2.5ml\L H&G A&B
0.1 ml\L ATA Clean

pH: 5.0, EC: 2.27

The pH rise quite quickly so by tomorrow's watering it should be in the good zone. I'll check it again tomorrow.

Temps : 24-28 °C
RH: 45-65%

Plants started putting out an offset internod, hence starting their flowering phase.
This is really quick!

I got a bigger plant in there to flower and take the place of the 2 small plants mentioned before.
I might get the plants' mother in there as well.