What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Twisted Pistils Jar Good... Yup!

Jar Good Mystery Seeds
My First Grow Diary.
These seeds could be any one or a mix of: Diesel, Sour Diesel, Flo, Blueberry, Haze, NL5/Haze, Afghan, Hash Plant, and maybe something else I can't remember. The seeds come from my friends home made fem beans and I have been familiar with these genetics for about 10 years. These beans are just some of the accidental beans from herm flowers, and this current group came from one old empty jar I found while cleaning (YEAH!) and the jar smelled good... so.... We'll see what we get. Next diary will be "Random Seeds Found In Bottom Of Drawer"... No really. :)
:joint:

I found these seeds while cleaning. They were in an old jar that smell real good. I dub thee!!! JAR GOOD!
picture.php

Not the best pic but a little close up...
picture.php

INTO THE DRINK!!!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

OH SHIT! Germed too quick...
picture.php

Well, after I discovered the extra long tails I had to do a super careful transplant into a peat/perlite/vermiculite blend. I then watered them with a light kelp tea, via fine mist sprayer. I had to keep the seed at the soil surface because of how crazy long the tap root was. The roots were very healthy, some with a fuzz so thick it acted like velcro and stuck to other fuzzy roots. The next day all had stretched up about and inch and all suffered from "helmet head" because the seed was not buried. So, I carefully removed all the hard seed hulls. While doing so I split one seedling's set of cotyledon leaves bad. Here they are after helmet removal.
picture.php

These seedlings have crazy vigor for being old seeds!
picture.php

TICKLE, TICKLE, TICKLE!!!
picture.php

Here is a pic with the flash later that day... oh my, these seedlings look like they are gonna be trouble...
picture.php

AWWW CRAP! Mother F%#$ing spaghetti mess!! Ok... Don't Panic...
picture.php

RRrrwut-RO!! Too much vigor and not enough light!
picture.php

Emergency transplant procedure... GO! I ain't skeeeered! Btw, sorry for blurry pic. I am transplanting all the lanky seedlings, and burying their necks right up to the cotyledon leaves.
First, I CAREFULLY remove lanky seedlings from the cell packs. Remember, these are less than a week old and have no root ball yet. I normally would not transplant this early but I felt this was a better option than straw splints.
picture.php

Next, I carefully place the seedling into a tall container. I orient the stem so it lays diagonally, that way it is easier to bent the stem around.
picture.php

Then, I gently grasp seedling by cotyledon leaves (NOT THE STEM!) and bend around in a loopy spiral fashion and keep carefully back filling with soil. Take care not to actually bend the stem in a way that creases it. This takes a steady hand but if you are very careful no harm will be done.
picture.php

Center the growing tip in the pot and level off soil. DO NOT push down on soil, just gently tap the pot on the ground to settle and then re-center seedling if necessary. These seedlings are in a mix of fresh sifted compost, peat, and perlite.
picture.php

18x Jar Good babies all shortened up!!
picture.php

HERE WE GO! Off to get a little drink...
picture.php

18x baby Jar Good seedling getting some fresh rain water from the bottom of their tray. Those trays held on an angle with bamboo are filtering the Sun so it is not too intense.
picture.php

bean82

Looking good. Tagged!
Are you gonna grow straight into the ground, or put em in pots?
Nothing like trying your luck with random seeds. Haven't failed me so far (5-6 grows).. Never spend a dime on seeds.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Hey there TwistedP. Loving the name that you picked out. Much luck with the Jar Good strain. I will be watching.

Looks like fun TP!!! Nice pics and entertaining narrative!

Welcome OKD and thanks! :D I like telling stories so... Here's a story... about a lovely lady! LoL!

Looking good. Tagged!
Are you gonna grow straight into the ground, or put em in pots?
Nothing like trying your luck with random seeds. Haven't failed me so far (5-6 grows).. Never spend a dime on seeds.

Hi Bean... Tagged, I'M IT!! I grow indoors in ROLS style organic soil. Full of microbial and insect life. I utilize AACT teas and foliar sprays.
Random beans FTW!!!! Right now my current 12/12 has some promising girls that look like they might be old school DJ Blueberry (YEAH!) and an interesting one that looks like Diesel/Haze. These JAR GOOD beans should have pretty good odds of finding a keeper because they all came from the same jar. Stay tuned!

Giving the Jar Good some tender loving care

You got it herbaless! That's the only way to grow!!! :huggg:

Dude you are kinda Twisted... in a really good way !

I'll be peep'n !

Mwu-ha-HA-Ha!!! If you only knew Sprout! Thank's for stopping by, peep away....

::SNiiiiIIIIIIFF:: yeaw, thanks aussiepurp, I needed a pick me up :D

Hey there TwistedP. Loving the name that you picked out. Much luck with the Jar Good strain. I will be watching.

Hey Neg! Glad to see you, yeah the name just popped into my head during one of those cloudy inspirational moments... I luv those. These beans have been TRYING ME hardcore, still have a few bumps along the way here this week but I know the survivors will be bomb proof... and hopefully THE BOMB! :joint: