What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

TwistedPistils' Everything Houseplant!

Hi everybody!
I decided to start my own thread highlighting my houseplant collection!
:woohoo:
Been loving all things green (or red, yellow, white, purple, silver and beyond!!) for most of my life, especially container house plants. My collection is not small... ooooohh noooooo.... :D Plus I am not sure of how many houseplants I have but they are EVERYWHERE! Most of my collection I have either started from seeds, collected cuttings and offsets, rescued, or just flat out stalked for years until fate put the plant into my hands.
Pics to come... der der der, should have uploaded first. :joint:

A view of some of the indoor jungle.
picture.php

7+ year old Lacy Leaf Philodendron in the foreground. It finally has a short trunk, I'll get pics of that soon. This plant was a middle of Winter trash day score.
On top is a Night Blooming Cirrus, about 5 years old now. It is a piece off a giant established plant in an old neighborhood in South Florida. I am gonna try and get it to bloom for me this June.
picture.php

HUGE ficus elastica AKA Rubber Tree! This was a rescue from a business that no longer could care for it.
8+ year old Bird Of Paradise in the back touching the ceiling.
To the left is my prized possesion. A 20+ year old Jade Tree in a vintage 70s ceramic pot.
picture.php

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Helluva green thumb ya have there! I grow a little of everything too. if Im not in the weed patch Im in the garden. This year Im growing some tobacco too.

This is my baby. I loved this plant for years before she was finally put out into the trash on a snowy day for me to rescue. She was neglected for years in the window of a business building that was for sale. I tried and tried to get the story on the plant, but kept hitting dead ends. Finally the building was sold and when it was being renovated this beauty was tossed out into the icy cold. THANK GOD I was in the right place at the right time!! Fate brought her to me, leaves scarred from her night out in the snow and rootbound in less than 2 gallons of depleted soil. That was years ago, and those scarred leaves are pretty much all gone, replaced by healthy new leaves. Simply magnificent specimen. It is getting a nice shaping this Summer.
picture.php

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well i see im not the only one who let the plants take over the house! hydrofarm makes a little 125w cfl setup thats only like 60 bucks,its a great way to get some extra light on stuff when they start creeping away from the windows.
nice collection!

Well, that is what it looked like for a week or so after I brought everything in for the Winter last year. Everything gets moved around A LOT to share the windows. I had to devote 2x HID lights to Sun loving succulents and I got my wild Devil's Backbone Kalanchoe from Florida to bloom inside over the Winter! It was certainly a site to behold... now if I can find my other camera with the pics... hmmmmmmmm.

7 Willows

TwistedPistil, really cool things you have to show off in here :) You certainly have a gift and the plants seem to love you back!

Thanks guys! There are plenty more pics to come, and a lot more than what is shown in the pics. Right now I am dragging out stuff to get some fresh air and sunshine! Some stuff needs washed off bad... 6 months indoors, YIKES!

B

blue green

Nice collection TwistedPistil's.

I couldn't help but notice a lot of the pots are sitting on the floor without any trays?
Do you let them dribble all over the floor? lol

I imagine it is like a full time job watering them. :)

Hi Blue Green, like I said earlier this was right after I dragged them in last Fall. It is quite a task to water, but I enjoy it. Thankfully, growth stalls on most my plants over the Winter so I just have to water every so often. Some plants, like the Jade Tree, I only water every other month while it is inside. Wet roots on a dormant plant = BAD!
I collect rain water for all my plants, and I use about 20 gallons a watering just on house plants!! In the Spring and Summer that number is like 4x higher.
Thanks for stopping by, and check back often as I will be putting up more pics. :D

Latest posts

Latest posts