What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Delicatessen Seeds experiences

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Howdy IC Magers !
I haven't found a special thread about this seedbank but I saw some very nice reports on the forums.
I'm especially interested in Queen Mother and Her Majesty (Mexico x Queen Mother) but all other experiences are welcome.
Peace, HJ.

Rinse

Veteran
I've heard good things, they are old skool breeders with some special looking strains.

txuck

Very good quality of strains, Reina Madre ( queen mother) is one of the best sativas that i tried, Mario`s clon is famous around Spain.:biggrin:
I tried Eddy and Her Majesty and really good flavour too.
One of the best cannabis seeds companies in spain ,with CBG, ACE, and Tropical.:biggrin:
The new name is Original Delicatessen,,, they have new sativas hybrids...
aio:tiphat:

homero

Señor Member
Veteran
hi husky I grew a few years ago and it was really particular ...... I have a friend who knows him personally and he spoke very highly of him ..... a true ..... old style breeder

Husky Jackal

Very Neat Monster
Veteran
Thanks for the responses !
Txunck, yeah I saw those nice hybrids too on the CBG website.
I'm wondering, is the Reina Madre as fast flowering as they say ? cause I've read only good reports about the high...
Peace, HJ.

P

Peacer

Husky Jackal;5697866 I'm especially interested in Queen Mother and Her Majesty (Mexico x Queen Mother) but all other experiences are welcome. Peace said:
exactly :D so Ive ordered these two 6/6 reg and i will see. maybe queen can be grown bit northern 50N what do you think? there are some QM feminised on the net...
some newer experiences?

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
the one I have been lurking is the Lilly from Delicatessen...i saw a pic somewhere not sure...it was a HUGE cola...a donkey dick...but apparently a sativa cross and amazing good flavour...

thanks

peace
Chefboy

Last edited:

txuck

exactly :D so Ive ordered these two 6/6 reg and i will see. maybe queen can be grown bit northern 50N what do you think? there are some QM feminised on the net...
some newer experiences?

I did the QM feminised 4 years ago, and i had the original clon as well. They are very similar,,, good plants, not big yielding but nice sativa buds... anise flavour:biggrin:
About the lilly, i tried the pinneaple pheno,,,, really nice flavour:tiphat:
agur

Thanks for the responses !
Txunck, yeah I saw those nice hybrids too on the CBG website.
I'm wondering, is the Reina Madre as fast flowering as they say ? cause I've read only good reports about the high...
Peace, HJ.

Hey HJ,

I just finished growing out Lily whose mother is Queen Mother(if memory serves?).At seven weeks she was all cloudy,flat out done.Curing/drying right now,I will give a smoke report later on if you wanted.Early returns are pretty potent sativa high.Lovely smell,smells like perfume crossed with fruit,very light and lovely.Branchy as all get out,would be great for scrog,solid,fast,and pretty large producer.Hope this helps my friend,take care,be well and most of all be safe my friends:)

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
I just finished growing out Lily whose mother is Queen Mother(if memory serves?).At seven weeks she was all cloudy,flat out done.Curing/drying right now,I will give a smoke report later on if you wanted.Early returns are pretty potent sativa high.Lovely smell,smells like perfume crossed with fruit,very light and lovely.Branchy as all get out,would be great for scrog,solid,fast,and pretty large producer.Hope this helps my friend,take care,be well and most of all be safe my friends:)

CharlesUFarley..please give us a proper smoke report after a good cure...I am very seriously thinking about getting these..

peace
Chefboy

Thank you all for the kind words and +rep,I appreciate it.Well I will give an overview of the plant and the smoke report.

The plant:Lily is an exceptionally vigorous plant.Responds with much vigor to pinching and LST.Easily the fastest plant in my room.Lily is an outstanding candidate for scrog,I can see her excelling in that type of set up.Clones quickly(fastest I have ever had) and easily,the growth is explosive both in veg and flower.The sample I had was flat out done at 7 weeks with some monster phallic looking colas.It is important to trim up the lower branches and nip all the sucker buds to get multiple large ass colas.This is important as there is so much growth everywhere on this plant,its up to the grower to direct that growth the way we want it.The smell is just lovely.I used google translate to follow various Spanish forums to read threads about Lily.The nick name is either pineapple colada or pina colada,I have gotten both from the translations.The worst part is I have that cheesy damn pina colada song stuck in my head,damn.I am not very good at describing smells but this is like a lovely light perfume with a bit of fruitiness to it.The smell while flowering is just lovely and also when opening the jar of cured buds.I run multiple strains and even while surrounded by skunky over powering smells I could smell her when ever I got within a few feet.Normally delicate smelling plants get over powered by the stronger funky skunky smells,no Lily though.

The bad news:I did end up with a hermie that opened up.I regularly check my new ones in the room and at 6 and 1/2 weeks I stopped checking and at 7 1/2 week harvest I found a couple of male parts that had opened up.So far I have not found any seeds in any of her neighbors.I would encourage folks to keep reading,myself, once I hear or read anything that connects a plants to a hermied individual or strain I am done with it.There is a big but here,the but is she had environmental difficulties that I am sure contributed to appearance of male parts so late in flowering.I am just finishing cleaning up a fungus gnat infestation,I really under estimated these pest and how devastating these little fuckers can be. I got this seed as a freebie from another site in Spain,along with Upstream which is Lily x Himalayan.The Upstream got hit very hard with a reduced yeild but no nanners anywhere.

Lily is on my list to order and expect to have her in my room by the end of the year.I am currently setting up a smaller veg/flower room for my dirt plants and new ones.Hopefully this will eliminate many of the problems I have had over the past year by having dirt plants in my flowering room. I run a hydro set up but like to start seedlings in dirt as it gives me a bit more flexibility.

The smoke report:This is the first time I have tried to do a smoke report.For me when I hit a really great bud/strain/flower I get lots of pressure in my third eye/forehead.For me that is an indication that what ever I am smoking is pretty damn good.Well Lily hits hard and is very very potent with out leaving me in a stupor.However while not in a stupor the smoke leaves me very very spacey and floating.So far I won't smoke her when i have chores to do as I make many mistakes.No anxiety at all,just a really potent Sativa.I should put the effects in context.I have RA so my tolerance is off the charts high,for me to get this type of effect from a seven week Sativa is pretty impressive... at least to me it is.

Overall the growth is very impressive,easy plant to work with,top flight smoke that is potent without completely incapacitating the smoker,that said you know you are very high without anxiety or any nervousness.I would highly recommend this strain for any one that wants yield,lovely aroma,and ease of growing.Even though I had a problem in the last week of flowering I put that on the grower and the environmental conditions she had to endure.Lovely in the jar,and when you open the jar the smell just keeps getting better and sweeter with age.My gal gave me just under 4 O's in spite of the enviro.conditions mentioned earlier.In my system I used to run half the plants and regularly got 8-11 O's off from an individual plant.I now split the room with two res's and more plants with smaller yields.This helps me spread out my risk if something goes wrong.I am detailing my set up so that I can tell you if I ran my old set up with the tomato cages,lots and lots of LST and pinching, I can see Lily producing around 8 O's easy in this setup.

Hope this helps my friends.Shoot me a pm if you had any more questions not answered here.Take care,be well,and most of all be safe my friends,Charles.

sdd420

Veteran
Raco that pic is so gnarly dude I love it. I must get some now! I am off to hunt for some. Peace out

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
i started buying up his crosses a few years ago but haven't popped any yet,,i did alot of wading through spanish forums and the genetics seem to be really good and always look like something i would smoke :D

:smoke out:

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
just got 2(i know only 2) but as freebies...Lilly from Delicatessen...I ordered the Mextiza and got the 2 seeds as freebies..they came in cute little tubes...

peace
Chefboy

The Hatter

Veteran
just got 2(i know only 2) but as freebies...Lilly from Delicatessen...I ordered the Mextiza and got the 2 seeds as freebies..they came in cute little tubes...

peace
Chefboy

Is there any place that will ship Original Delicatessan seeds to North America?

I inquired at the CBG website but the response I got from Whole Harvest, which is the company they have handling their North American orders, only has CBG and Ace selections available. I really had my heart set on Queen Mother or Her Majesty.

Thank you all for the kind words and +rep,I appreciate it.Well I will give an overview of the plant and the smoke report.

The plant:Lily is an exceptionally vigorous plant.Responds with much vigor to pinching and LST.Easily the fastest plant in my room.Lily is an outstanding candidate for scrog,I can see her excelling in that type of set up.Clones quickly(fastest I have ever had) and easily,the growth is explosive both in veg and flower.The sample I had was flat out done at 7 weeks with some monster phallic looking colas.It is important to trim up the lower branches and nip all the sucker buds to get multiple large ass colas.This is important as there is so much growth everywhere on this plant,its up to the grower to direct that growth the way we want it.The smell is just lovely.I used google translate to follow various Spanish forums to read threads about Lily.The nick name is either pineapple colada or pina colada,I have gotten both from the translations.The worst part is I have that cheesy damn pina colada song stuck in my head,damn.I am not very good at describing smells but this is like a lovely light perfume with a bit of fruitiness to it.The smell while flowering is just lovely and also when opening the jar of cured buds.I run multiple strains and even while surrounded by skunky over powering smells I could smell her when ever I got within a few feet.Normally delicate smelling plants get over powered by the stronger funky skunky smells,no Lily though.

The bad news:I did end up with a hermie that opened up.I regularly check my new ones in the room and at 6 and 1/2 weeks I stopped checking and at 7 1/2 week harvest I found a couple of male parts that had opened up.So far I have not found any seeds in any of her neighbors.I would encourage folks to keep reading,myself, once I hear or read anything that connects a plants to a hermied individual or strain I am done with it.There is a big but here,the but is she had environmental difficulties that I am sure contributed to appearance of male parts so late in flowering.I am just finishing cleaning up a fungus gnat infestation,I really under estimated these pest and how devastating these little fuckers can be. I got this seed as a freebie from another site in Spain,along with Upstream which is Lily x Himalayan.The Upstream got hit very hard with a reduced yeild but no nanners anywhere.

Lily is on my list to order and expect to have her in my room by the end of the year.I am currently setting up a smaller veg/flower room for my dirt plants and new ones.Hopefully this will eliminate many of the problems I have had over the past year by having dirt plants in my flowering room. I run a hydro set up but like to start seedlings in dirt as it gives me a bit more flexibility.

The smoke report:This is the first time I have tried to do a smoke report.For me when I hit a really great bud/strain/flower I get lots of pressure in my third eye/forehead.For me that is an indication that what ever I am smoking is pretty damn good.Well Lily hits hard and is very very potent with out leaving me in a stupor.However while not in a stupor the smoke leaves me very very spacey and floating.So far I won't smoke her when i have chores to do as I make many mistakes.No anxiety at all,just a really potent Sativa.I should put the effects in context.I have RA so my tolerance is off the charts high,for me to get this type of effect from a seven week Sativa is pretty impressive... at least to me it is.

Overall the growth is very impressive,easy plant to work with,top flight smoke that is potent without completely incapacitating the smoker,that said you know you are very high without anxiety or any nervousness.I would highly recommend this strain for any one that wants yield,lovely aroma,and ease of growing.Even though I had a problem in the last week of flowering I put that on the grower and the environmental conditions she had to endure.Lovely in the jar,and when you open the jar the smell just keeps getting better and sweeter with age.My gal gave me just under 4 O's in spite of the enviro.conditions mentioned earlier.In my system I used to run half the plants and regularly got 8-11 O's off from an individual plant.I now split the room with two res's and more plants with smaller yields.This helps me spread out my risk if something goes wrong.I am detailing my set up so that I can tell you if I ran my old set up with the tomato cages,lots and lots of LST and pinching, I can see Lily producing around 8 O's easy in this setup.

Hope this helps my friends.Shoot me a pm if you had any more questions not answered here.Take care,be well,and most of all be safe my friends,Charles.

Updates:

Since I posted this review off from a freebie I received last year, I have run Lily maybe 5 or 6 runs. No problems with nanners/hermies on any of the subsequent clones all from the same plant, not a one. So I might quite possibly have been wrong in what I was looking at,shoot it happens.I just wanted to set the record straight and not leave an unfavorable impression of terrific gal. This plant is fast, it yields, and it is a very forgiving plant that puts up with lots of abuse.I really have nothing but positive things to say about this great plant.Would love to hear from others with finished results. Take care, be well, and most of all be safe my friends, Charles.

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Delicatessen is a fantastic underground seedbank based in Spain, could be the most underrated and unknown seedbank ever... unfortunately the seeds aren't the easiest ones to access, specially from outside Spain. Mario, the italian owner/breeder barely manages with a computer/email and keeps himself at the underground scene. Just few friends of him and other people help them on the net, distribuition, forums, etc... I don't think they even have a website now, they used to have one though, I think they do have Facebook. It's a shame because the genetics are top notch and really special, I'm sure many people from abroad will enjoy them too. I remember some time ago the seedbank was in economic difficulties, he decided to start a private club to keep the money coming where the members pay an annual quote and receive few limited releases per year of new hybrids and private test crosses.

Anyway, most of them are sativas based on african genetics but extensively worked towards fast flowering, fruity flavours and frosty resin. Most have also a nice functional high. I've tried Reina Madre and they are outstanding, it has a really nice effect for such a short time... only the best connoisseur sativas have similar effects and the smell and taste or resin content still remains in another level. Most turn to lovely autumn colors as well.

Lilly is super sweet and fruity, but more relaxing. Same as the Alice, but all of them have interesting terpenes, good resin and so on. The pure inbred mexican gifted by Robert C Clarke that used to be sold as Primera Dama was also very interesting. There are other congolese and south african hybrids too. Now the bank changed to Original Delicatessen and only CBG and Cannabisonline were selling the seeds as far as I know.

Amazing cuts from them are spread all over Spain and they are definitely some of the best sativas around the country. Amazingly daytime effects for such tasty and fast flowering plants... good C99 (the epitome of fast fruty sativas) is a joke next to one of this plants.

Strains (posted by the original breeder at their own room at Cannabisonline forums):

Queen Mother = Reunion x unknown sativa from Spain x Congo1
Dreams & Honey = Congo1 x Congo Banghi
Her Majesty = Queen Mother x Mexican 70s.
Alice = Queen Mother x Congo1
Lilly = Dreams & Honey x Queen Mother.
First Lady = Mexican 70s (in theory gifted by Robert Clarke).
Edy = HH (north india/pakistan strain) x Congo Banghi
Upstream = Lilly x HH.

Vibes.:tiphat:

PS:

Lilly S1
attachment.php

Reina Madre X Zamal F1
attachment.php

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Reina Madre grown outdoors by my good friend master jardi :thank you: :respect:

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
my lillys were a bit messier than the others i've seen, one of them had only node calyxes after a month of flower so that went.. have a jauja as well that stayed short and went completely purple.. will all be made into hash because i really can't be bothered having so many jars around.. pics to come..

:smoke out:

Latest posts

Latest posts