What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

818 Headband

growtechn

I just wanted to let the community know that I've propagated some 818 Headband from The Cali Connection. The Cali Connection describes the 818 as AJs ECSD by SFV OG Kush. Has any IC Mag members had experience with this hybrid?

Stdane

Swerwe hyping it as AJ's Sour Diesel cut-the precursor to ECSD dusted with his SFV OGK IBL.The ECSD however its the same as Sour Diesel,imagine the people out east saying;We've got the East Coast Sour Diesel,no they would just say we've got the Sour Diesel,but to me it started as the same,but travelling 2-3000 miles,different environment,temperatures etc.and in a couple of years you've got a genetic drift however small that may be,but suddenly you have a difference that allows a new cut - example ECSD could've been South West Coast Sour Diesel or SWCSD,but man it doesn't have that ring to it huh!!:pimp3:

growtechn

Swerwe hyping it as AJ's Sour Diesel cut-the precursor to ECSD dusted with his SFV OGK IBL.The ECSD however its the same as Sour Diesel,imagine the people out east saying;We've got the East Coast Sour Diesel,no they would just say we've got the Sour Diesel,but to me it started as the same,but travelling 2-3000 miles,different environment,temperatures etc.and in a couple of years you've got a genetic drift however small that may be,but suddenly you have a difference that allows a new cut - example ECSD could've been South West Coast Sour Diesel or SWCSD,but man it doesn't have that ring to it huh!!:pimp3:

Thanks Stdane, this is my first grow with The Cali Connection gear. I didn't know who was the main breeder with the 818 "Swerve", just The Cali Connection have manufactured these phenos.
It was my understanding that DNA/Reserva Privada Don & Arron have a Headband pheno as well.
Is DNA & The Cali Connection a conglomeration?

Hash Man

Yes! The sour Og aka 818 headband. This stuff is super vigorous and resinous. It's a huge yielder, with many different phenotypes. Feed her hard.

B

BugJar

I am currently running the 818 headband

it is a much heavier feeder than any other member in the fam including both parents

it is quite a nice plant and responds well to super cropping.

tdlf!

Picture 018.jpg
hello
we have 818 on week 7 at the min, started 30 seeds and pulled about 20 females, scraped a few runts and left with 16 very healthy plants. seems to be a fair bit or variety in the phenotypes but all seem to be producing well and have delt well with a cal/mag def.
heres a photo a week or 2 into 12/12, il try and get some recent photos up soon.

1Maconheiro

this thread came just in time.. waiting for my 818 seeds to come in, popping them ASAP... good harvest too you my friend.. pulling up a seat..

tdlf!

here is 818 at 7wks 12/12, lights are on so cudnt get any proper photos just a few shaded buds.
fair bit of variety in the room but some real nice smells, a bit of everything tbh, diesely smells/fruity/sweet kush types and some more earthy kinda kushs (if that makes any sense lol)!
818wk8s.jpg
IMG_0761.jpg
IMG_0762.jpg
any phenotypes of note from anyone else who has grown this out?

growtechn

Update @ 4 days into Flower

Update @ 4 days into Flower

here is 818 at 7wks 12/12, lights are on so cudnt get any proper photos just a few shaded buds.
fair bit of variety in the room but some real nice smells, a bit of everything tbh, diesely smells/fruity/sweet kush types and some more earthy kinda kushs (if that makes any sense lol)!
any phenotypes of note from anyone else who has grown this out?

Nice looking nugs tdlf, hope my grow looks that good at 7 weeks.

Here's some jpg's I took of my 818 hybrids. These phenos are in their 4th day of flowering, are 12" in height with fan leaves measuring 8-1/2" in width.

growtechn

Nice looking nugs tdlf, hope my grow looks that good at 7 weeks.

Here's some jpg's I took of my 818 hybrids. These phenos are in their 4th day of flowering, are 12" in height with fan leaves measuring 8-1/2" in width.

Here's some jpg's @ 43 days into flowering growth. There's numerous calyx development & these hybrids are around 58". I've included an interesting mohawk fan leaf pheno pic.

Latest posts

Latest posts