What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Any Green Hornet or Herbaria seeds F2 anywhere?

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Hello there guys!

I've been looking for a long time for different strains from this classic and well know swiss seedbanks, now unforunately gone. I'm specially interested in their landraces.

I've found lot's of interesting websites as cannaseeds.dk, topskud.dk and others selling F2 and classic swiss/danish seeds as erdbeer, lebanese, thai stick, nepal and so on, but nothing from Herbaria or Green Hornet seeds.

I'm wondering if any of the swiss growers has any info on them or is in touch with any of the old distributors or breeders. Maybe a local grow shop has really old stocks... I would love to get any info. I tried to contact cannapot and some seed sellers that used to sell them but still didn't get anything.

Good vibes.:thank you:

Only Ornamental

Spiritually inspired agnostic mad scientist
Veteran
Hi Mustafunk,

Tropical Seed Company has the Ciskei aka Bushmans from Herbaria seed stock.
If you find someone with other landrace seeds 'made in Switzerland', let me know (Pleezzzzzze!).
BTW, since ~2000 Swiss isn't a 'cannadise' anymore and it got even worse in 2011... no more seeds, many headshops went down the drain, breeders like Felix went to Spain..... a pitty ;( .

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
i still have an original pack of bushmans in the fridge, never found the time to grow them out yet... would love to see them being put to good use ;)

Only Ornamental

Veteran
would love to see them being put to good use
Give them to me, I wanted to grow that strain this spring in a quick&dirty indoor newbie seed run! Truth be told, I'm likely going to mess things up whereas Musta has a lot more of experience as it seems ;) .

mack 10

Veteran
@ side show bob, I always wanted to grow that Bushmans strain, the pics on Cannapot always looked sick.

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
u can find some swiss online sellers with old stock of green hornet,swiss seeds or owl seeds

Only Ornamental

Veteran
u can find some swiss online sellers with old stock of green hornet,swiss seeds or owl seeds
SWISS online sellers? Which seller located in Switzerland would be crazy enough to sell seeds with the current law?
The only one I could find was unitedseedbanks and they are in Spain and sell NEW Alpine, Helvetic, and Owl's seeds...
Would appreciate it if you could name those sellers of yours ;) .

indabonga

Cannabis ****
Veteran
owl and green hornet are yet in business...i've see new drops last year in a austrian online shops(..sorry i'm jealous of my sources :))...i don't know the laws, but 2 years ago in a pair of swiss online growshop i've see also cannabis seeds for sale...if i remember right...

Only Ornamental

Veteran
TWO years ago! That was before the law changed *cry*...
Owl is in Spain but I can't find Green Hornet. Many seedbanks still list them but have no more seeds in stock (they had some remainders up to last year).

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Hey guys, sorry about not dropping around here for a long time... almost one year since my search started and I decided to post here! I was always fascinated by the underground Swiss cannabis scene, I think it was way bigger than Holland in terms of what they've really achieved in those crazy greenhouses they used to have! I remember reading an article on the High Times about the Swiss Canna Cup in the 90s, great stuff!

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/1456.html

Tropical Seed Company has the Ciskei aka Bushmans from Herbaria seed stock.
If you find someone with other landrace seeds 'made in Switzerland', let me know (Pleezzzzzze!).
BTW, since ~2000 Swiss isn't a 'cannadise' anymore and it got even worse in 2011... no more seeds, many headshops went down the drain, breeders like Felix went to Spain..... a pitty ;( .

Thanks man, yeah I know they preserved and still offer the Bushman's Ciskei but I'm sure the original stuff will be nicer. They probably made certain selections and not necessarily we share the same taste or criteria haha. Reviews on pure Ciskei from TSC on spanish forums range from nice to very poor and weak. Another interesting company was BlueHemp, they had thais, nepal, afghani and lebanese strains acclimatised as well. Great reputation in Spain. A friend of mine reproduced their lebanese strain some time ago.

After pulling the right threads I was lucky to find what I was looking for, indeed one Swiss online shop still kept some Malawi Gold, Madagaskar Skunk and Cash Cropper packets, old but still better than nothing... I know that Erdbeer, Heaven, Granflora, Purpurea Ticinensis and Ciskei for example are around. But no clue about Red Valais, Walliser Queen or Alp King.:biggrin:

If I'm right Green Hornet closed around 1998, the time that most of the swiss breeders and cannabis growers were forced to stop due to the Swiss laws change and hemp growing prohibition, it was a drama. I still remember the big raids and the Bernard Rapazz case, the referendums in November 2008 and all that. Since then, most swiss breeders moved out from Swizterland. Green Hornet and others simply stopped and moved on.

The guys from Herbaria (Hans and Tunde) stopped breeding and I think they moved too but Mod founded Alpine Seeds and moved to Spain to keep breeding and running his new seedbank.

Not sure about those releases, probably old stock batches going listed. I had the amazing oportunity to talk to Green Hornet's ex-breeder himself and he shared many interesting stories with me. He was an american breeder and grower who moved to Switzerland 20 years ago, nowadays he's focusing into his other passion, the music.

Anyway, thanks a lot for all your feedback guys and big respect to all the swiss scene, from Green Hornet, to Herbaria, to Felix Kautz (Owl's) and all of them, big contribuitions and not forgotten!

Vibes.

PS: some pictures from the old outdoor facilities from Green Hornet (there were also 3 indoor rooms), I wish I could get lost there!!!

g08.jpg

g07.jpg

g06.jpg

g03.jpg

subdub

I really hope the social clubs project will take off -- the current laws do NOT allow us to buy seeds or clones...

Only Ornamental

Veteran
I really hope the social clubs project will take off -- the current laws do NOT allow us to buy seeds or clones...
Let's hope that the project will also be successful!

But why do you care about seed and clone buying being an illicit act when you likely grown, consume and share your weed anyway? Where would be the point in making seeds and clones legal when you're neither allowed to grow nor to consume them afterwards? :D

subdub

Let's hope that the project will also be successful!

But why do you care about seed and clone buying being an illicit act when you likely grown, consume and share your weed anyway? Where would be the point in making seeds and clones legal when you're neither allowed to grow nor to consume them afterwards? :D

You are currently allowed to grow up to 4 plants -- there is a PDF somewhere with all the details about this. However, it seems you'll get into the same troubles if you get caught growing today.

This is clearly gray area until it's decriminalized, but it used to be fairly simple to find seeds and clones a few years back; remember, it was only for ornamental purposes (lol) and everybody was fine about it. Every other shops that used to sell clones have disappeared from my city. I know there are still a few around in Switzerland, but still, it's a bit disappointing.. Furthermore, less shops means less varieties, I heard all kind of disappointing reports about the clones you can still get to this day ...

Oh well, let's see how it goes.

Only Ornamental

Veteran
You are currently allowed to grow up to 4 plants -- there is a PDF somewhere with all the details about this. However, it seems you'll get into the same troubles if you get caught growing today.

This is clearly gray area until it's decriminalized, but it used to be fairly simple to find seeds and clones a few years back; remember, it was only for ornamental purposes (lol) and everybody was fine about it. Every other shops that used to sell clones have disappeared from my city. I know there are still a few around in Switzerland, but still, it's a bit disappointing.. Furthermore, less shops means less varieties, I heard all kind of disappointing reports about the clones you can still get to this day ...

Oh well, let's see how it goes.
Do you mean THIS PDF?
And no, cannabis is illegal in Switzerland and there's no grey area (well, a very little one...). Consumption has recently been decriminalised, though.
Yea, the time prior 2000 was great... maybe it's coming back?

biomassa

I just found some in my "swiss" fridge :jump:
greenhornet.jpg
But they are very old, I don't expect much...I just started the Cash Cropper in a glass of warm water to see if they are still alive after all those years.

Green Hornet Cash Cropper -> (Blueberry x Strawberry) x (Blueberry x Northern Light)
Green Hornet Jungle Jerry's Haze -> (Afghani x Haze) x Super Silver Haze
Green Hornet Madagaskar x Skunk -> (Skunk#1 x Top 44) x Madagaskar
Green Hornet Malawi Gold Pure -> Afrika, Malawi Sativa
Green Hornet Original Swiss Strawberry -> Erdbeerli
Green Hornet Super Skunk 44 -> (Skunk#1 x Top 44) x Superskunk
Green Hornet Thai 82 -> Thailand, Sativa
Green Hornet Very Berry -> Blueberry x Strawberry
Green Hornet Very Berry x Bubble Gum -> Very Berry x Bubble Gum
Green Hornet Very Berry x Super Silver Haze -> Very Berry x Super Silver Haze

highlem

real curious to know what will come out from Swiss Strawberry/Erdbeerli/Fraise original seeds were so good to run outside, knew the breeder himself... & Very Berry x Bubble Gum -> Very Berry x Bubble Gum could be real nice if similar to old bubblegum we had here back inna days... good luck with those genes biomassa!

which specific strains are you looking for mustafunk!? a friend working in growshop told me that some austrian website have most of the good swiss strains from 15 years ago, and still some auround hidden in the country...

biomassa

real curious to know what will come out from Swiss Strawberry/Erdbeerli/Fraise original seeds were so good to run outside, knew the breeder himself...
good luck with those genes biomassa!

I had the GH Original Swiss Strawberry growing outside for 2 years. It was very similar to the Alpine Seeds Erdbeer S1 from 2011.
In the first year every strain was eaten by mold but I got many mixed seeds (GH Strawberry x BlueHemp Indicas) out of it.
In the 2nd year everything was killed by hail - I got no seeds and no buds from outdoor growing that year.
btw. which breeder are you talking about? I guess all the swiss breeders had access to the Erdbeerli cut someday - there was even a male version around until 2008/Wolgrot.

highlem

i talk about the real original guy who was making the line called Fraise/Strawberry/Erdbeerli, almost every body knew him back in those days of cannatech if you know what i talk about..... this guy didn't even real smoke much weed but made real good job in breeding few lines, the most famous was Fraise...

dense compact buds, specially good outdoor in cold, strong against bugs mites & mold... i never run this strain from alpine, green hornet, swisshempshop.com or blue hemp... was straight from cannatech... wasn't at all a female cut but a complet seed line worked... so don't know why you say no male version until 2008 sound foolish... but for sure those years the clones/cuttings market in growshop was huge and most of growers were only growing from selected female cuts... perhaps that's why you though about a cut only....

but was complete seed line worked on few years by one guy only...

Only Ornamental

Veteran
Err...
Strawberry (aka Strawberry Fields and later Strawberry Cough) is a US strain, Erdbeerli or Erdbeer (and later Jurabeeri) is/was a variety from Zurich where the male (if there ever was a real male) got allegedly lost, and the Fraise is a different variety from CannaTech and said to be a Dutch Skunk x Afghani. The three have nothing in common other than probably containing genetics from Afghanistan ;) .

Something entirely OT: Why is nearly everyone here in the Swiss forum writing in English? In the Italian forum they write Italian, the Greek Greek (even with Greek letters), the Russians use Cyrillic, the Slav have their runes, and the Egyptians hieroglyphs etc. etc.
Okay, it's somewhat very typical for the Swiss to do so but seriously, a bit of Swiss German, French, or Italian wouldn't hurt, now does it? Sure, Rumantsch might be weird...

highlem

yeah i know Strawberry Cough or Strawberry Diesel & few more come from usa, Strawberry is like many fruits names, used a lot in the strains names game...

i didn't hear about those Erdbeerli or Erdbeer (and later Jurabeeri) coming out zurich...
i always though it was only from cannatech then other breeders like Green Hornet used it... yes there is Skunk x Afghani in the make up, like most of the strains a that time, but real special & stable line for outdoor/greenhouse, some of the best greenhouse buds those days...

pretty common to mix every languages in town like zurich, french, "german", english in the same sentence... myself speak better english than german, mais je peux parler français si tu préfères, mais vu qu'on est sur IC mag même dans les parties nationales l'anglais est préférable pour simplifier et s'adresser à tous...
Peace