What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

40's Satellite Fuel on HARD MODE!!!

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
OR RATHER BSC. BERRY SOUR CREAM BY 40AmpsToFreedom

same formula (BlueBonicxGaladriel) just bsc has 3 different mothers and s.fuel only has seeds from one mom. so bsc is sort of like S.Fuel Adventure Mix.

whatup motherfuckers, i'm back. new location, new ghetto box slapped together, 48"x22"x22" sq. top foot or so is the electronics. the rest is the grow chamber.

picture.php

picture.php

Got a salvaged outlet box on the inside for all my electrical connections, they are connected in the back through a male end adapter plug screwed and glued onto the back wall. on the top right is my exhaust. 2x 80mm pc fans wired to a 12v dc adapter with molex and pc fan connectors for future additions if needed. and a fan controller i will prolly build to control the airflow. stays cool with only one fan enabled but that thing is like a baby jet engine and the mouth of a large cave in a quiet room. whiiiiirrrrrr.....whooooosh!

the rest is a digital timer i picked up so that i can do that 12/1/5 light schedule and see if it's a better investment than 12/12 from seed. i have a power strip in there, and also my ballasts.

the lights are mounted to a thin piece of plywood with small machine screws/bolt and nuts. the board is lined with mylar and suspended from a WIP pulley type system so i can adjust the lights up and down. right now the inside is painted slight white with just white spray paint and enamel, one of each, which is ok for now but i plan on going over that with some flat white paint i have. the door is also covered in mylar to reflect back as much light as possible from the door openings which are 90-95% light tight right now, just gotta finish up with some caulk and build a light trap for the floor intake vents. right now you might notice its just some black poly fabric of some sort i salvaged from the packing materials when my friend got a new laptop.

picture.php

Inside we have an unknown cross i made, it's most likely a misha/sasha cross i made, or it's possible its a g13 cross i made. i gave my friend some of my g13 f2's and some of the other crosses i play with, he ended up with 2 g13's i could identify easily in seedling and 2 other plants i couldn't recognize right away. he decided to keep the g13's and the clones he had already and gave me this one. i dunno what she is but, time shall tell.

picture.php

this is ...something. i think it might be a purple stuff seed i found in the bud or just a random seed i happened to have on me while i was potting something. anyway it looks like shit cuz it's been sitting in weak shit light and being attacked by alternating rounds of drought and fungus gnats. i'm surprised it's still alive, since it survived it gets to play.

picture.php

here i have my seed trays and pots. the white ones are called mizzy in honor of the guy who gave em to me. the yellow ones i call ssk (super silver kush) it's a lowland oaxaca crossed to a random kush male i got from some og bagseed. the blue ones are some mishaf3 and the green ones are some sashaf3, and finally the reason we are all gathered, the red toothpicks are 7 satellite fuel seeds distributed into 6 peat pellets.

i took the worst seeds in the package, 1 was crushed(tossed), 3 were black and 4 more fine looking seeds and dropped them all into water, 48 hours later tails or no tails, all were cracked and dropped into the peat.

Last edited:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
WEEK 2 BEGINNING.

this is week 2 since they popped above ground. out of the 7 seeds in 6 pellets, actually out of 13 seeds in 12 pellets, i am left with 3 survivors. which is pretty shitty. i dunno what happened a combination of the gnats i brought in from somewhere and the box being too hot or cold or moist or dry or something. i autopsied the remaining pellets and most seem to have died right after sprouting the tail from the seed. and they were mushy so most likely too hot and too moist. or just too moist. OH WEEZY! on with the show the strong survive.

picture.php

S.Fuel 1/2/3

picture.php

purple stuff jr?

picture.php

sasha/misha/circa94xgoldy/g13xgoldy/ it's one of those.

picture.php

picture.php

this here is some fine weed i smoked a little while ago, most strange flavor and smell. at first it smells like cooked food, some sort of spicy dish with garlic and basil and tomatoes or something. then when you smell deeper its like a lemony super lemon diesely smell with a 3rd smell that i can't really describe. sorta skunky old school smell or maybe a really deep berry pungent smell. really boggles the mind. the flavor is the same, first it's lemony with a diesel kick and some strange flavor at the end you just can't get out of your mouth or recognize. its like old school "green" flavor that couch locky weed you used to get that was like burning tires and funky feet.

whatever it was it was great. made me think of the stories i hear of this triangle this area is known for. or maybe some of that irene.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
WEEK 3 from seed.

Smokin on some of the local outdro, not bad nice daytime sativa effects, not really doing anything for my aching back though.

picture.php

Group shot. cab slightly less hot than the past but i haven't added the carbon filter yet, it just may get harder :D
Sfuel#1 back row middle cup, shortest most runty seedling.
Sfuel#2 front row second cup. middle seedling.
S.fuel#3 biggest most vigorous seedling.

picture.php

Sfuel#1 all 3 have those unique looking first leaves. sorta looks like an an alligator snout from the top. also all had a double serration on one leaf in a certain spot.

picture.php

Sfuel#2

picture.php

Sfuel#3 biggest of the three, most mutatey, and also most purple from the start.

still gettin used to their new pots and stretching those roots. more next week.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
WEEK 4 from seed.

if anyone was wondering about those other plants i had in my cab.

picture.php

picture.php

Purple stuff jr? turned out to be a male and i took him outside to spend his remaining days enjoying the creators warmth.

picture.php

week 3

picture.php

week 4

as for "whatever the fuck" she suddenly exploded in flower and outstripped the resources available in the soil. i tried feeding with molasses an worm castings, then some jamaican batshit with readily available N, and if this doesn't get fixed soon that one's gonna be shitty yield if it doesn't die first. my friend started this plant in miracle gro then i put it in organic, i figured the roots would grow into the organic mix and then live from that, but the way this plant is acting it's like i'm not feeding it ANYTHING at all. does the nutes in miracle gro kill off the bacteria in the organics? all plants in the same or similar mix all thriving cept this one.

oh well, on with the show.

picture.php

Cab shot. one 70w HPS, one 100w Mh, freshly painted white walls. like 12 inches or a little more from the bulb. plants are all seemingly happy, no crazy stretching indicating a light deficiency. haven't run the lumens & watts per sqft/inch yet but the plants are staying pretty short without the need to be within 5 inches of the bulb.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
WEEK 4 from seed. 12/12 2 weeks.

WEEK 4 from seed. 12/12 2 weeks.

Ok i started these plant with my timer on 14/10. then 2 weeks later, aka week 2 i flipped the timer to 12/12.

picture.php

Group Shot.

picture.php

S.Fuel#1. what a difference a week makes eh? they are slowly growing out of their deformities. i noticed mutants in almost all the seeds i started. i think maybe something in the water here? i was thinking maybe my mix was too hot but, they were mutated even in the peat pellets with no nutes. the ph is kinda high IIRC. ill check it again later. but i think it was around 8 ish.

picture.php

S.Fuel#2 still some twist in the leaves but growing out of it almost back to regular growth.

picture.php

S.fuel#3 Most twisted of all, look at those middle leaves. looks like a fleur de lis or something, or like the side leaves want to do loop de loops.

:abduct:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Being that the light was already low when they sprouted and it went to 12/12 2 weeks in almost everything has showed preflowers.

picture.php

S.Fuel#1 Female. still short, only like 4 inches maybe, gonna tranplant em this week as i like to do when they sex. those will be their final containers. hopefully they will stretch and branch a little in the coming 8+ weeks. it would be ridiculous to harvest a 4 inch plant. all bud! alllllll bud!

picture.php

S.Fuel#2 hasn't shown just yet, but if you have seen enough plants sex you know that , that crown is indicative of male 99% of the time. we will see what he does outside then save pollen or ditch. if its really nice ill make a few seeds of the girls.

picture.php

S.Fuel#3 slowly throwing off some of those mutations. but at the same time it's indicative of its blueberry lineage even has those white specks in the leaves passed down and its pretty purple starting from the bottom up.

Thats all for this week. See you next week. or in 2 weeks if i forget again :D :thank you:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
i get that crinkly leaf from low temps...at least that's what i'm blaming it on.

...oh, are your crinkly mutants 12/12 from seed?

man, that's a lot of uploading pics, you're CRUSHING it...thanks for your efforts!

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
thanks for stopping through man and the compliment, the temps have been between mid 70 and mid 80's the whole time with a dip to low 70 at night. i started on 14/10 then 2 weeks in i switched to 12/12 to accommodate the big ass plant in the background.

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
wow your mutants look a lot like the leaves on a 'monster cropped' cutting {taken during flower but you know that} that is really interesting and i cant imagine 14/10 light would cause that ~its actually a pretty normal cycle compared to outside

interesting grow

i m looking forward to a pack of 40watts WBK myself so i will be following along too

stoked!

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i noticed mutations and deformity on all the seedlings i started 7 total only 3 were sf. those i expected some deformity from the blueberry in em, but the rest no. i think it's the water. i just checked the ppm's of 2 samples. one is straight from tap, the second is from a brita water pitcher.

brita water = 106 ppm's

plain tap water = 215 ppm's

wow. 2 things. the water from when i lived in the midwest was 100 ppm from the tap, and b.) brita doesn't seem to be very good at filtering water.

i'm not gonna switch to RO or start buying bottled water, but i will prolly use only the filtered water for the seedlings from now on. if it turns out that's the culprit. i dunno. i sprouted 3 more seeds recently and all came out more or less normal.

picture.php

3 random seeds i had in my pocket from weed i smoked with people somewheres. straight into dirt from my pocket. only deformity i see is one with the leaf there, possibly the leaves on the tall one, but thats most likely normal for whatever that strain.

picture.php

i pH the water, the light green (pH 7) is from the filter, the darker green (pH 8ish) is straight from the tap.

i have to report on the wbk also, ill run those after i finish the SF. i started 6 last year then...shit happened, luckily i have like 5 more seeds left.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
Guess who remembered to update this week? seth meyers yes, but also me.

WEEK...5 from seed/ WEEK 3 Since flowers.

the male is outside, doesn't look too awesome or anything though. not like purple stuff jr?

picture.php

last week (4)

picture.php

this week (5)

just stretching, i let it get too dry. i forget they're only beer cups plus they're outside behind the garage. out of sight out of mind.

picture.php

picture.php

S.Fuel #1

picture.php

S.Fuel #3

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
CONTINUED...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S.Fuel#3 still purple in the stem, it's fading a little as the plant matures, but i can see it's inherent and not stress as the bottom part of the stem stays purple as it gets thicker, whereas if it was a simple deficiency the purple would turn to green as the stem got thicker.

anyway the girls were sexed and as always when i sex i transplant to final containers and or top. i decided to let em grow au naturale for this first go round. they are both staying short, and i don't think its 100% to do with the size of the pots. i'm sure it factors as the length of the taproot controls how tall the plants are to some degree. but i'm not complaining. if i can grow these untopped in my cab then all the more awesome.

picture.php

the two on the right with the most flower.

picture.php

SF#3 on left, tall one, SF#1 on right the short one. looks just like my friends NL#5

picked up these 1 gallon square pots from my local hydroponic shop...and there are a bunch in this town for 60 cents each. great value. i will maybe go get 4 more. i think i can maybe fit 9 in my cab altogether.

the new mix i transplanted into is almost the same as my old mix, but i added a brick of coco to the "soil box" (a 35 gal rubbermaid tote) and mixed it in a little. prolly like 40-60% coco in this mix. i also added a few tablespoons of jamaican batshit to the mix and some more lime to keep that magnesium flowing and the pH in a good range. water here is in the high 8's from the tap. it dries out fast, which caught me by surprise. i'll have to be watering everyday or maybe 2x a day come nearing the end of flower. right now its every 2-3 days.

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
WELL that was the beginning of week 5 when i transplanted and here is how they looked after a few days.

picture.php

picture.php

S.Fuel #1 the short green pheno

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S.Fuel#3 the taller purple pheno

anyway guise, stay tuna'ed this is the part where it gets interesting.

see ya's next week.

A

Alone

Your ph should be at 6.3-6.7
You need to let a seed grow in veg for atleast 5-6 weeks before you flip them to flower.
You should yield a hefty 7 grams.

O

OKD

Lookin' fun stihgnobevoli! I love your cab. I have a friend who has a similar setup, and I'm gonna show him yours for inspiration :)

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
thanks for stopping by fella's. yeah the pH'ed water in those pics is the water from tap and the water from my brita. the water that i tested from the runoff was around 5 after i fed with guano in my water, and just a while ago watered with plain water and molasses and the pH came out around 7.

thanks OKD i hope it can help him. you don't need a lot to grow weed, just some lights, an understanding of how the plants use it, and an understanding of what women want. the plants i mean :D

WEEK 6 from seed week 4 of flower.

wow i can't believe it's been 4 weeks already, we're just flying along now aren't we?

picture.php

side view.

picture.php

top view

picture.php

purple in the veins.

picture.php

don't think it's a deficiency though.

these are all S.Fuel#3 the tall purple-er one. growing normal fully now, not much in the way it smells yet, aside from the general weed smell. the lower leaves are yellowing so imma feed them. trying to stay on top of those deficiencies better than i have in the past.

roots are quickly filling the new pot, and i am surprised it is looking hungry already, i guess i will add some blood meal or something for more nitrogen in the next mix.

Last edited:

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
picture.php

S.Fuel#1 the shorter greener pheno. as you can see, still short and still very green. all the plants i have going react different to this mis, this plant seems to think it's a little heavy on the N whereas one plant thinks it's very light.

picture.php

Top shot, flowers coming along and already frosty. and sticky. i went to get a dead gnat out of the flowers and ended up getting a little resin on my index and thumb tip so i mash em together to see if this is sticky or greasy, and boy is it ever sticky. i thought i super glued my fingertips together by accident. and this is only week 4 and i barely touched it.

picture.php

side by side shot of the dynamic duo. #1 on left #3 on the right. as you can see the short one is catching up. and the tall one seems to be done stretching. i'll have to see about a little veg time next round, assuming they stay short till the end and don't explode.

anyway that's all i have for this week, the male is dead so no more about him, maybe i'll dust em with a little bit of my original male pollen i've been saving for like 5 years, lets see if it's still viable.

Latest posts

Latest posts