What's new

Amazing static pressure PC fan

Hi there. Im building a grow box but I would like to know what pc fans there are out there that I have missed which have great static pressure ratings. ive Looked @ most Noctuas and for their price they seem over rated.
Here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310311364713 I can get 2 very quiet fans with:
Air pressure (mmH2O)
3.04 mm H2O

for the price of one noctua.

Am i missing something? :eek:

you have to take into account that the fan will "produce" another sound when completly blocked off like in a carbon filter then when its having "free/open air" to pull through (thats what the 19dB is measured from)

not saying those are bad though, i just dont know. but you always have to think about that too. maybe check youtube for some comparison videos if there are any available

T

trem0lo

I wonder about the pressure rating on cheap fans vs real world performance. I've had Cooler Master fans get noisy and eventually fail on older PC builds. Not exactly a stellar device. I'd have no problem using it as an internal circulation fan.

I like Noctua because they stand behind their specs and their fans have a 6 year warranty. I've used them for years without one failing. The build quality is noticeably better in every regard... thicker blades, thicker chassis, better wiring... and they are very, very quiet. My Noctua NF-F12 has been pulling air through carbon like a champ for a year. Even when the blades get loaded with carbon dust it never even breaks a sweat.

Not to gush over a particular brand, but when you trust the stealth of your grow to a single device, better make it a good one.

Thank you very much for the advice Dr.zoidberg & trem0lo. This is exactly the information I was looking for. Looks like I will bite the bullet and get a few noctuas. Will probably also get one of those cheaper ones and run a comparison too. I thought my growbox was complete. But if something is worth doing, it is worth doing properly :)

Like trem0lo already said Noctua is a really solid brand, I also like Scythe, they never have let me down - be it CPU coolers or just case fans - they have pretty damn solid products for reasonable prices.

Yah Ive also looked at a few scythe fans and their static pressure ratings dont seem to be on par with the noctuas. I cannot even find a supplier in the uk that sells the
Silver Stone FM122. After a few hours of research i also found a few more fans with respectable ratings. The deltas have enermous pressure ratings but the sound that comes from those fans would be unbearable. I then found the corsair h80 radiator stock fan with the following stats:
•Fan dBA: 22 - 39
•Fan static pressure: 1.6 - 7.7mm/H20
these fans seem like another top level contender

T

trem0lo

Yeah Deltas are crazy loud. It's almost comical as they nearly take off like a jet when you plug them in. They can also take chunks out of your finger if you're not careful. I have one that I play with every once I awhile, and it moves tons of air, but it's just too damn loud.

Killkingkong

I use a Vantec Tornado that's very powerful, but also loud as hell (if ran at the full 12v). I recently bought an adjustable volt power adapter and my fan pushes plenty of air at 5v, which makes it much more quiet. I probably should also buy some rubber fan silencers to reduce the noise even further, but the noise doesn't bother me much. I'd say to get as powerful of a fan as you can and get an adjustable power adapter so you have the choice of how much power suits your needs.

This is the type of adapter that I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0042X8XOG/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1