in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > Yogurt Cup Challenge

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Yogurt Cup Challenge Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-17-2013, 05:45 AM #1
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivor
Yogurt Cup Challenge

Welcome

Let's grow amazing plants in 6oz yogurt cup containers together, document the grows, share our experience, and collectively decide who accomplished the most impressive results.

in the spirit of:

Beer cup challenges:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=221169
^^ 2011

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=238858
^^^ 2012

1 sqft challenge:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=108973

Last round of yogurt cup challenge:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=249157
last rounds call for entries thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248298

IN REVIEW:

original rules:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfstoneStrider

"1) a 6 oz. yogurt container of any shape or brand. No substitutions, please. Keep the original label on there.

2) A cutting or rooted clone of any Cannabis female. Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible.

Your entered cut may be rooted or not at the time of entry. If it is not rooted, then it must root in the yogurt cup itself using either soil or soilless medium. If your entry has already been rooted, that's fine but it must be transplanted so the roots fit entirely inside the yogurt cup and may require root trimming. "

We will take and post weekly pics of our entries. We will all keep a good, fun spirit of community and sharing of knowledge and experiences.

Yogurt cups are usually no more than 6 oz total, so lets call that max, i did find one local yogurt company w 8oz containers.... but lets stick to 6, that's also well under the beer cup which is 16 oz Im pretty sure

Altho roots gotta stay in the container at all times; you can modify the yogurt cup so long as you don't expand the capacity beyond 6oz, and if you have to prune roots, do it so u cant see any roots out the bottom.

"Roots must be contained within the container. Bottom feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed and not be visible outside the container."

we will have 12 weeks time until the contest closes, that's June 8th, plants must be cut and harvest pics posted by then.

It would be nice to see plants against a ruler for reference....

^^^^^ HOPE THAT ALL MAKES SENSE ^^^^^^

weekly update pics are pretty key here, so let's all try to keep it up, altho if u miss one week, don't give it up just keep the steady updates coming and we all will make it to the finish line together!

so post those weekly updates here in this thread, this is the place to be for the next 12 weeks.

I'm pretty sure i've compiled a full list of members who entered the challenge via the CALL FOR ENTRIES THREAD found here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257266

If i have left anyone out, please let me know, and I assure you it was accidental.

audio guy: bagseed clone in soil using maxibloom KISS method, grown in a 2ftx1ftx2ft stealth dresser under 110w PLL

gloryoskie: Zamaldelica Flowered under 110 watts PL-L is good for me and mine. looks like it is in coco (?) or peat perhaps.

Canna_Gnome: White Strawberry- (the white x strawberry cough) in some ffof. looks like under an hps of some sort.

wildgrow: love cheese. Its going in Promix amended with extra perlite, vermiculite and a small granule general purpose fert.

hurk: growing in organic soil. The plant came from a purple kush bag seed. & Sour D

Persephone: Sour Bubble in rockwool and perlite on a flood and drain table.

joe guy: DHN cherry pie & PBK (strain horder cut) in a promix cocco mix under a 400 watts

Agent SmokesAlot: Headband & ultra sonja in Ocean Forest

greenmatter: 2 afghan kush, one diesel cross, looks like coco

mysterymachine: pre98 bubba in promix

rocket1: pre98 bubba & purple chemdog

frankenstien2: exodus kush by DNA in happy frog

clearcutter: VBSxAK47 in soil

avinash.miles: "h4" hazeman tester & flo x grimm "pink" pheno

Ziggaro: untested pineapple express fed GO line & an OSD clone in coco and micro/bloom for nutes, plus maybe some epsom salt if necessary.

otis33: OG13, sour jack, pineapple express, all in coco with perlite. H& G coco + additives

soursmoker: Resin Hessassin in organic soil

sourdiesel1: gsc & afgoo

18 total members participating!!!!

Let the fun begin.

Last edited by Avinash.miles; 03-17-2013 at 05:56 AM..

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:17 AM #2
wildgrow
Frosty Half-Ginger

wildgrow has disabled reputation
18! Really good turn out for this one. Good luck everybody!

SSC Lot M69 F2???

The Crap I Have to Deal with...

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:19 AM #3
joe guy

joe guy is a jewel in the roughjoe guy is a jewel in the roughjoe guy is a jewel in the roughjoe guy is a jewel in the roughjoe guy is a jewel in the roughjoe guy is a jewel in the roughjoe guy is a jewel in the roughjoe guy is a jewel in the rough
Looks to be a very nice round hope we all make it to the finish
And very interested to see the variations of bubba turn out...
As learned from the last round if u missed it we all found that flowering
Time was sped up by a week average so keep that in mind.
I made a few mods to my cups this round to hopefully avoid any root bound issues and allow me to veg a lot longer...
Lets have some fun everyone....

Time to rock it from the delta to the DFZ

IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY POST READ A FUCKIN BOOK

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:27 AM #4
Hurk

Hurk will become famous soon enoughHurk will become famous soon enough
Awesome! Hopefully between the 18 we can grow a couple of oz of great weed.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:30 AM #5
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe guy View Post
And very interested to see the variations of bubba turn out...
i was thinkn the same thing, bubba is one of my absolute fav strains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurk View Post
^^^ LOL

Old 03-17-2013, 07:31 AM #6
greenmatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurk View Post

that 3.1 grams each

good luck everyone!

Old 03-17-2013, 08:27 AM #7
kryptonian

kryptonian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash.miles View Post
Welcome

Let's grow amazing plants in 6oz yogurt cup containers together, document the grows, share our experience, and collectively decide who accomplished the most impressive results.

in the spirit of:

Beer cup challenges:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=221169
^^ 2011

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=238858
^^^ 2012

1 sqft challenge:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=108973

Last round of yogurt cup challenge:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=249157
last rounds call for entries thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248298

IN REVIEW:

original rules:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfstoneStrider

"1) a 6 oz. yogurt container of any shape or brand. No substitutions, please. Keep the original label on there.

2) A cutting or rooted clone of any Cannabis female. Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible.

Your entered cut may be rooted or not at the time of entry. If it is not rooted, then it must root in the yogurt cup itself using either soil or soilless medium. If your entry has already been rooted, that's fine but it must be transplanted so the roots fit entirely inside the yogurt cup and may require root trimming. "

We will take and post weekly pics of our entries. We will all keep a good, fun spirit of community and sharing of knowledge and experiences.

Yogurt cups are usually no more than 6 oz total, so lets call that max, i did find one local yogurt company w 8oz containers.... but lets stick to 6, that's also well under the beer cup which is 16 oz Im pretty sure

Altho roots gotta stay in the container at all times; you can modify the yogurt cup so long as you don't expand the capacity beyond 6oz, and if you have to prune roots, do it so u cant see any roots out the bottom.

"Roots must be contained within the container. Bottom feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed and not be visible outside the container."

we will have 12 weeks time until the contest closes, that's June 8th, plants must be cut and harvest pics posted by then.

It would be nice to see plants against a ruler for reference....

^^^^^ HOPE THAT ALL MAKES SENSE ^^^^^^

weekly update pics are pretty key here, so let's all try to keep it up, altho if u miss one week, don't give it up just keep the steady updates coming and we all will make it to the finish line together!

so post those weekly updates here in this thread, this is the place to be for the next 12 weeks.

I'm pretty sure i've compiled a full list of members who entered the challenge via the CALL FOR ENTRIES THREAD found here: https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=257266

If i have left anyone out, please let me know, and I assure you it was accidental.

audio guy: bagseed clone in soil using maxibloom KISS method, grown in a 2ftx1ftx2ft stealth dresser under 110w PLL

gloryoskie: Zamaldelica Flowered under 110 watts PL-L is good for me and mine. looks like it is in coco (?) or peat perhaps.

Canna_Gnome: White Strawberry- (the white x strawberry cough) in some ffof. looks like under an hps of some sort.

wildgrow: love cheese. Its going in Promix amended with extra perlite, vermiculite and a small granule general purpose fert.

hurk: growing in organic soil. The plant came from a purple kush bag seed. & Sour D

Persephone: Sour Bubble in rockwool and perlite on a flood and drain table.

joe guy: DHN cherry pie & PBK (strain horder cut) in a promix cocco mix under a 400 watts

Agent SmokesAlot: Headband & ultra sonja in Ocean Forest

greenmatter: 2 afghan kush, one diesel cross, looks like coco

mysterymachine: pre98 bubba in promix

rocket1: pre98 bubba & purple chemdog

frankenstien2: exodus kush by DNA in happy frog

clearcutter: VBSxAK47 in soil

avinash.miles: "h4" hazeman tester & flo x grimm "pink" pheno

Ziggaro: untested pineapple express fed GO line & an OSD clone in coco and micro/bloom for nutes, plus maybe some epsom salt if necessary.

otis33: OG13, sour jack, pineapple express, all in coco with perlite. H& G coco + additives

soursmoker: Resin Hessassin in organic soil

sourdiesel1: gsc & afgoo

18 total members participating!!!!

Let the fun begin.

Oh maaan i can't believe i didn't see this. If i can join now im down but if not im gunna be following this one like the white rabbit. Good luck to everyone

Old 03-17-2013, 10:36 AM #8
soursmoker
East Coast, All Day!

soursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to behold
good luck everyone!

SCROG THREAD!
VERT Grow Thread!
ECSDxSSSDH test thread!

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:56 PM #9
frankenstein2
Astronaut Status

Location: where the cannabis flows like the salmon of capistrono
frankenstein2 is a glorious beacon of lightfrankenstein2 is a glorious beacon of lightfrankenstein2 is a glorious beacon of lightfrankenstein2 is a glorious beacon of lightfrankenstein2 is a glorious beacon of lightfrankenstein2 is a glorious beacon of lightfrankenstein2 is a glorious beacon of lightfrankenstein2 is a glorious beacon of lightfrankenstein2 is a glorious beacon of lightfrankenstein2 is a glorious beacon of lightfrankenstein2 is a glorious beacon of light
This is gonna be awesome. My little exodus already loves her home. Her sisters on both sides are telling her, go towards the light. I gotta try and figure out how to keep her watered without letting her dry out and die, never finished anything in a containeer this small.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:33 PM #10
Persephone

Persephone is a jewel in the roughPersephone is a jewel in the roughPersephone is a jewel in the roughPersephone is a jewel in the roughPersephone is a jewel in the roughPersephone is a jewel in the roughPersephone is a jewel in the rough
Thanks to Avinash for facilitating this challenge.

P.

Thread Closed