Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Grow Diaries > Micro Grows > CALL FOR ENTRIES: Yogurt Cup Challenge

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
CALL FOR ENTRIES: Yogurt Cup Challenge Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2013, 03:21 AM #1
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivor
CALL FOR ENTRIES: Yogurt Cup Challenge

photos courtesy of gloryoskie from last round

original rules:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfstoneStrider View Post

1) a 6 oz. yogurt container of any shape or brand. No substitutions, please. Keep the original label on there.

2) A cutting or rooted clone of any Cannabis female. Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible.

Your entered cut may be rooted or not at the time of entry. If it is not rooted, then it must root in the yogurt cup itself using either soil or soilless medium. If your entry has already been rooted, that's fine but it must be transplanted so the roots fit entirely inside the yogurt cup and may require root trimming.

We will take and post weekly pics of our entries. We will all keep a good, fun spirit.
Yogurt cups are usually no more than 6 oz total, so lets call that max, i did find one local yogurt company w 8oz containers.... but lets stick to 6, that's also well under the beer cup which is 16 oz Im pretty sure.

Altho roots gotta stay in the container at all times; you can modify the yogurt cup so long as you don't expand the capacity beyond 6oz, and if you have to prune roots, do it so u cant see any roots out the bottom.

"Roots must be contained within the container. Bottom feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed and not be visible outside the container."

Call for entries will end 10 days from now, so eat a lil yogurt, choose a medium and put a clone in the cup if you want to participate.

before march 16th : Post pics of your clones in yogurt cups here in the "call for entries" thread & description of your medium, environment, lights, nutes &method/technique as well as the genetics of the plant(s) you are running.

After call for entries closes (March 16th), I will start another thread (probably here in contests OR in micro grows section as this applies to micro growing even if you are growing micro plants in a big environment). This next thread will be where weekly posts will be made.

Once the new thread is made we will have 12 weeks time until the contest closes, that's June 8th, plants must be cut and harvest pics posted by then.

You can start as many yogurt cups as you want, but only one can be judged, you choose your best plant, show it off.
if u wana grow 100 yogi cups, DO IT!!

It would be nice to see plants against a ruler for reference....

^ my "yogi cup" plant late in flower from last round

some old threads of similar concepts:

Last round of yogurt cup challenge:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=249157
last rounds call for entries thread:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=248298

Beer cup challenges:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=221169
^^ 2011

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=238858
^^^ 2012

1 sqft challenge:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=108973
^^^ 1sq. ft. challenge

Last edited by Skip; 12-09-2015 at 05:48 PM..

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:09 AM #2
wildgrow
Frosty Half-Ginger

wildgrow has disabled reputation
Err... do I do it? I did just plant a bunch of clones and there is a freshly eaten yogi cup in the trash... and it would grow right alongside my current plants...

Yup. Frack it... Im in. When can I 'officially' plant my yogi, Avi?

SSC Lot M69 F2???

The Crap I Have to Deal with...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:10 AM #3
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivor
now

this thread is to introduce your players.... who they are, what medium & environment they live in, what they eat & drink....
you have now till march 16th to enter contestants in this thread, then the games begin, harvest must be by june 8th. you can flip into 12.12 whenever you want after march 16th.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:58 AM #4
Canna_Gnome

Canna_Gnome will become famous soon enoughCanna_Gnome will become famous soon enough
count me in Avi! i have a couple blue dream cuttings just starting to root. ill transplant them tomorrow.
Canna_gnome

Current project:
Canna's 300 Watt Multi-Strain Garden
https://https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=277113

Own Hybrids/Strains:
Hilary Duff OG- Legend OG x White Strawberry Cough
Pineapple Punch- Pineapple Skunk x Sour Bubble
Bubba Gum- Bubba Kush x Sour Bubble
BubbleBerry OG- Hilary Duff OG x Sour Bubble

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:04 AM #5
Canna_Gnome

Canna_Gnome will become famous soon enoughCanna_Gnome will become famous soon enough
is this the official thread or use the old one?

Current project:
Canna's 300 Watt Multi-Strain Garden
https://https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=277113

Own Hybrids/Strains:
Hilary Duff OG- Legend OG x White Strawberry Cough
Pineapple Punch- Pineapple Skunk x Sour Bubble
Bubba Gum- Bubba Kush x Sour Bubble
BubbleBerry OG- Hilary Duff OG x Sour Bubble

Old 03-07-2013, 06:18 AM #6
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

this is the place, do it here now

Old 03-07-2013, 06:28 PM #7
greenmatter

looks like i gotta go buy some yogurt and cut some clones

i know the media will be coco ........ gotta smoke a little and think about the rest a lot .... or vice versa

Old 03-07-2013, 07:23 PM #8
clearcutter
Lost Member

clearcutter is just really niceclearcutter is just really niceclearcutter is just really niceclearcutter is just really niceclearcutter is just really niceclearcutter is just really niceclearcutter is just really niceclearcutter is just really niceclearcutter is just really niceclearcutter is just really nice
Question

What's the size limit for the clones? The last one was no taller than 6 inches from the top of the medium.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:30 PM #9
soursmoker
East Coast, All Day!

soursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to beholdsoursmoker is a splendid one to behold
deff will be joining in on this! gonna start getting things prepared now...

first i gotta puff some tho

SCROG THREAD!
VERT Grow Thread!
ECSDxSSSDH test thread!

Any posts made by me are purely fictional in nature and by no means is anything I say to be taken seriously. I do not grow or condone the growing of anything not legal. Any and all pictures I post are pictures widely available on the internet and any discussions I am involved in are purely hypothetical or are commentary in nature and should not constitute advice or be considered advice to assist in activities that are deemed illegal.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:46 AM #10
audioguy

audioguy will become famous soon enough
count me in

it'll be a random indica (bagseed) in soil using maxibloom KISS method, grown in a 2ftx1ftx2ft stealth dresser under 110w PLL.

Sorry I don't know the genetics, still learning on bagseed before I buy some real gear in a few months.

Will post pics later tonight after I'm done chopping down my sativa that just got done with her 48hrs in the dark

edit: I gotta clean my cab.. haha

4 members found this post helpful.

Thread Closed