What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DINAFEM GROUP GROW: SHARK ATTACK, WHITE SIBERIAN, DIESEL

Biosynthesis

Veteran
picture.php

3 feminised seeds germed 3 popped and are healthy and looking good. clockwise, starting at lower left is shark attack, white siberian, ending with Diesel on the right.

1 shark attack, 1 white siberian, 1 diesel. Vegged for 1 week under T5 and then 2 more under 1000 hps for a 3 week vegetative growth total. Lights were turned 12/12. They have been in 12/12 for 10 days now as of pictures. They are in a bed with the following ingredients:

Sunshine #4 pro mix
worm castings
steer manure
blood meal
fish bone meal
green sand
mycorhizae
dolomite lime

The soil was mixed, whetted and allowed to set for two weeks while seeds where taking hold.

Growing in living soil like this really shows what kind of flavor a strain has to offer. This soil is very rich and should be pure water from here on in. Lets see what Dinafem has to offer.

Why Dinafem you may wonder? They are UFO seeds from attitude. (Unbelievable Free Offer), for those of you not in the know.

I took several cuts of Deisel this morning and it looks a little under the weather in the picture.
Diesel (right) has the best vigor and looks very similar to the White Siberian (middle) and I wouldn't be surprised if it shares ancestry with her. On the left we have shark attack it has narrower leaves and longer internode spacing and is the most sativa. At this point they are all stocky and indica dominant characteristics. I havent heard raving reviews of Dinafem and with the lack of grow reviews on Dinafem this thread should be informative. Im not a fan but I have nothing to say as I know nothing of their lineup. Havent done much research in the lineage maybe someone else can comment on this.Perhaps you can share your experiences you have had with Dinafem products.

Last edited:
S

still

looking forward to this c+ power kush and moby have done me well c+x jack nice 2

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Thank you for the good info still. does c stand for critical, like as in critical mass? Does it yield heavy? After browsing IC i see alot of flower shots from Dinafem. They look like pretty good quality flowers.

MOJO Bx

I ran the shark attack for almost 2 years she is a heavy producer,although lacking in strength she has a great flavor , and the smell reminds me of rotting fruit. She does well scrogged,super cropped or just leave her alone for a 4 ounce top cola ;)

MOJO Bx

I also have their diesel although i wasn't to impressed with it. I should say could be the pheno because she was pretty as hell just not much smell and for sure no diesel odor.I will probably be canning her as I just got lots of new beans to try. One of them being the crit+ which i have heard many good things about.I got tons of pics but new to this site and have nothing uploaded here.Send me a im and i'll send ya a link where you can see them.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Nice Shark Attack! Did you see the Dinafem flower pix thread? there are some very resinous buds I saw, particularly the blue hash. Doesnt sound like yours went really potent, wich isnt good news for this strain so far. but Quantity-wise very nice. Looks very nice. You can't receive PM's till you have 50 posts. Go ahead and post it here, no worries. Thanks for the Photos!

MOJO Bx

Yeah she's a little on the weak side but the taste almost makes up for it.I'm done with Dinafem for now nothing against them just time to try other's (alhthough I do plan on running that crit+ to see what's what.) But got some Bodhi,hazeman,and H.S.O. I'm in the process of firing up on a big pheno run hunt.The shark don't like a bunch of nutes but the diesel seems to need some cal-mag late in flower since your using a type of super soil i would just watch the diesel and maybe give her a dose of some cal-mag late in flower.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Yeah not expecting to run these again just a space filler for some different flavor and variety. The plants behind the Dinafem are XXX OG KUSH wich is bomb. I started a separate thread for them. Thanks for the tip on the diesel.

MOJO Bx

I personally believe it is impossible to go wrong with a Kush .I am looking forward to starting my elephant stomper and goji og starting lots more but i expect those to be the beauty queens.Anyway good luck and stay safe.

ydijadoit

Just ran Shark Attack in a homemade DWC/drip system. Amazing colas! I screwed up, and didn't clone it, but I am about 3 weeks into a reveg attempt.
Mine looked a lot like Mojo's excellent nuggage.

Wish I had put a size reference in the pics on the black bag! That was the biggest of the Shark Attack, and was about 10 inches long.
I cut almost 7 ounces off of 1 plant. Some of the best nugs I have grown in hydro. Rock hard, dense, and plenty strong for my purpose. (Mine all went to a family member with terminal cancer).
This strain is advertised as having high CBD content, which may explain why it doesn't have the "Kick" we tend to expect from buds that look this good.
If I succeed in a reveg, the next batch will go to a lab, and I will post the results if/when.
I've had pretty good luck with Dinafem. Their Power Kush will knock your head off, and California Hash Plant is a great, relaxing smoke that won't make you piss your pants, and run down the street with a tinfoil hat on your head.
I have run both Blue Widow from them, as well as Blue Hash. Both were top notch, but prone to throw a few nanners in bloom (some seeds). I suspect its the same Blueberry parent for both lines?
Nice looking plants so far. Will keep my eye on this one!
Keep up the good work!

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Thank you for sharing! It certainly looks like a decent yeilder and it's nice to hear about the high CBD for chronic pain.

what do you mean by "relaxing smoke that won't make you piss your pants, and run down the street with a tinfoil hat on your head." Lmao!

MOJO Bx

Vey nice yajadoit,but your pheno looks like it has little more indica in it than mine did,also notice some burn :biggrin: the shark attack just don't seem to like a lot of nutes.i am actually toking on a big spliff of some shark right now after about a 6 month cure mmm! tasty i tell ya decent bed time smoke too i let her go till solid amber showing. The main cola on the plant i posted was around 4 oz's and frosty too my shitty camera just don't do plants justice.

ydijadoit

Bio, I'd say it is a very good yielding plant. As for the running of down the street bit.. I'm one of those people that can freak out (Panic attack) from certain strains. It dosen't happen very often, but I always deal with it the same way. I go for a fast walk around the neighborhood. (The tin foil hat, and pissing my pants adds something to the visual, but I haven't got to that point...Yet:laughing:

Mojo, good eye on the burn. She got a little crispy at full strength Lucas, so I backed down to 0-6-12, and a shot of cal-mag. It took powdered Kool-Bloom at 1/4 tsp per gallon ok, though (No additional burn). Ive had a few strains like that over the years. Just unscrewing the cap on the bottle practically fries the plant..

Be well!

Biosynthesis

Veteran
This is a low maintenance garden. I watered the day before yesterday for the first time since setting them in. Ho hum.

Here is my water drum with a fish tank heater in it to warm the water.

They are 17 days in flower in these picks. They have stretched and done their flower set in the last week since the first pictures. The temps getting a bit low before lights come on.
picture.php

And here is the SHARK ATTACK coming along. I noticed male balls on a few lower branches right in the crotch between branch and stock. pulled them off. Will be watching this one close. These plants have not had any irregular light cycles and have had literally no stress, so any hermaphroditic tendency is strictly a result of breeding.
picture.php

And here is the DIESEL with her big leaves. She is the slowest flowering.
picture.php

There is a T5 for side lighting I may turn on in a few weeks if I feel they could benefit from the extra light.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
DAY 34

DAY 34

DAY 34 FLOWER
picture.php

SHARK ATTACK 3 FT.
picture.php

DIESEL 3 FT. NICE TANGERINE SMELL. TRICHOMES ON FAN LEAVES
picture.php

WHITE SIBERIAN 2 FT. STOCKY AND WIDE
picture.php

Everything is doing fine. they were in the dark for a 20 hour period when the lights went out but should be just fine, could speed things up if anything. Getting down to 60 degrees before the lights come on which is not optimum but tolerable. Lovely tangerine citrus smell coming in on the Diesel. The big tropical leaves and her vigor turn me on. Shark Attack puts on a nice center cola but has no smell worth mentioning yet. White Siberian stays short and stocky and doesn't have any notable smell Either. No fertilizing, just pure water, although I did foliar feed with a tea a few weeks ago but it was unnecessary. No bottled liquid nutrients. No use for them. Sure i've used them and hydroponic systems in the past, but this method has won out. I found that hydro systems were too complicated with plastic hoses, buckets, meters and such. Not to mention the cost of all that unnecessary gear. Nothing bad to report on this Dinafem lineup other than the names they chose to call them are a bit gay.

Biosynthesis

Veteran
Top dressed them today. Scratched in 3 tbsp. per plant of fox farm happy frog bat guano 0-5-0. Shark attack has a nice center cola developing and I can tell I will have break out the 2 liter bottle in the end for size comparison on the bud shots. Its got an old school big bud structure on her if you feel me. The Diesel smells like tangerines and I wonder if anyone else has experience with any tangerine smelling diesel? Diesel also has remarkable resin production. It started putting on resin way before the other two. The resin glands are very large as well. Little short and stocky white siberian has chunky buds but nothing about her is too noteworthy other than her short stature for all of you needing a short plant due to space restrictions.

Latest posts

Latest posts