What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Journey No:4-Frutilicious / Sweet Deep Grapefruit

thefanfx

High Fellows ,

Let's get party started.

Ingredients:

1x Frutilicious (Mandala seeds)
1x Sweet Deep Grapefruit (Dinafem seeds)

250W SON-T Phillips
2x6L Air Pot Superroots
DarkStreet Growbox 60x60x140
Canna BioFlores nutrition (flowering)
BioBizz Soil All-Mix
Ventilation from Hurricane(NL)

How To:
12h/12h since the beginning. Planned completion in 60-65 days

Njoint

B

BIGBADBAZ

ATB with your grow matey ill be lurkin! as alwayz nuff respect......

thefanfx

Day 0 1/2

Day 0 1/2

high fellows

day 0 and a half :]

2 from 2 , not bad ...

seems like the f'kin SON-T Master is keeping the temp really high around 32 Celsius , of course on 25cm far from the girls

how far i can move the light from the plants without to affect the maximum peak ? it's 60x60x140cm box and 250W SON-T

it's nothing near CFL which i used before.

we'll see

more ....coming soon

thefanfx

high fellows

anyone ?

how far i can move the light from the plants without to affect the maximum light peak ? it's 60x60x140cm box and 250W SON-T

i keep it 20cm far now , but i'm sure this sh*t can stay far away for sure

it generate huge amount of heat :] i want to keep it as far as i can from the girls

thanks

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
20 cm and they arent burning up? Id keep it somewhere around 40-50 cm above your seedlings. I wouldnt put the light much closer than that without upping your exhaust.

You should increase the exhaust anyway with your temps being as high as they are. Or get cooler air coming in at your intake.

Hows the herb from the last grow treating you?

thefanfx

20 cm and they arent burning up? Id keep it somewhere around 40-50 cm above your seedlings. I wouldnt put the light much closer than that without upping your exhaust.

You should increase the exhaust anyway with your temps being as high as they are. Or get cooler air coming in at your intake.

Hows the herb from the last grow treating you?

High m8 ,

well yeah , i moved the girls already on 40-50cm far from the bulb

unfortunately it will be a hot grow , i don't think i can lower the temperature under 30 Celsius

just because of the grow box , it's too small for such SON-T bulb , but i realized it too late ;]

my idea somehow to normalize the things is to keep them low ,a lot of LST , topping ,cuttin whatever is necessary to keep them on 40cm far from the bulb till the end

well the herbs were and still are awesome ... i'm still amazed how come from 250W CFL to generate almost 60g dry stuff with such good quality ....

.... why i decide to try SON-T .... no idea , if the amount is under 500g ,will leave this bulb on the garbage and get back to CFL

so more pics and updates coming soon ...

njoint

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
yeah bro im tuned for this one,
maybe you need a 125mm fan that can remove 200/300 m3/h , than you put down the heat, i have rvk125mm 300m3/h in a cab 100x50 x 150h and work nice , is the same i use in my old home box 60x60 x120h .
ps i use 250w hps too and i keep 30cm above the plants and nothing happen, no leaves burns or heat problem ...

thefanfx

yeah bro im tuned for this one,
maybe you need a 125mm fan that can remove 200/300 m3/h , than you put down the heat, i have rvk125mm 300m3/h in a cab 100x50 x 150h and work nice , is the same i use in my old home box 60x60 x120h .
ps i use 250w hps too and i keep 30cm above the plants and nothing happen, no leaves burns or heat problem ...

hey m8 ,

yeah , thanks

...so there are 2 fans inside , 25in diameter and the one attached to the bulb is 15in diameter

but the only job these 2 are doing is to spread the heat ... i keep the door half opened and the side windows too , but i don't have specific outtake device to suck the hot air out .. but inside is pretty windy ...

... well still 30 cels degrees inside ... but i think they will survive it... you know in Afghanistan can go up to 40 Celsius but the weed still grows :p hehehe

we'll see , they are still too little

njoint

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Is it possible to drill say 3 1" holes along the bottom of the backside of the cab, as well as the top of the backside? You could use a heavy black cloth or vent hood type thing to block light from entering the cab.

Or better yet cut a hole for a pc fan to exhaust the cab. Maybe theres a cooler area in your place to put the cab, like a unheated north-facing wall.

I just dont want to see those temps bite you in the butt.

thefanfx

yeah

yeah

Is it possible to drill say 3 1" holes along the bottom of the backside of the cab, as well as the top of the backside? You could use a heavy black cloth or vent hood type thing to block light from entering the cab.

Or better yet cut a hole for a pc fan to exhaust the cab. Maybe theres a cooler area in your place to put the cab, like a unheated north-facing wall.

I just dont want to see those temps bite you in the butt.

hey m8

can't drill holes to this nylon pvc shit :] in addition my cat just wait for it ... and there will be just couple of sticks after that ;]

see my next post about the heat with some first pictures

thanks m8

thefanfx

Day 5 - Journey 4

Day 5 - Journey 4

high fellows ,

Day 5 , still fighting with the heat ....

.... with 2 big fan's i got it lower as 29 degrees Celsius... for now i can't go lower except to keep the box completely opened ... so yeah...

these are the first pic's , there are some curls on both plvant leaves , it's strange ..... it can be because of the strong ventilation or because of the heat or even the light can be too much ...

because these are two different kinds and the curly leaves looks the same on both ... well no clue .... :] will watch out for it and how it continue .... whatever ...

so this is it , 5 days old ... follow the album bellow
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=43934

feel free to comment

njoint

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
It may be hot in there, but theyre doing really well. :D I think youre past the point of having to worry about the heat so much. My extremely limited experience tells me that plants love some heat in veg.

Latest posts

Latest posts