What's new

Blue Lemon Thai From CH9

olddognewtricks

What's up IC? New to posting here, but been "knowing other people that grow" for years. Been watching this "BLT" grow from beginning. Didnt record it, but here are a couple terrible pics w/computer cam. You can still see the beauty of this plant. Originally posted on another site we won't mention. Like this site much better. Will post updated new pics tonight. Enjoy

We pulled the "BLT" @ 8 weeks exactly. This shit is beautiful!!! The colors are amazing! Buds are long, with that thai stick spiral pattern, but when you grab them, they are Dense As Hell.....and Everywhere! Smells just like Lemon Pledge furniture cleaner. Early smoke test(quick dry) very even buzz indy/sat, with a slight lean toward the thai buzz. Two nice hits had me on a nice "riding down the highway with the tunes turned up" kind of high. Very happy, but very peaceful. Nice, clean inhale with a slight lemon exale. Lasted about two hours. Never saw colors like this, very vivid dark green with lighter undertones, and orange to amber to almost brown hairs. Love this shit!

OLDproLg

Veteran
RED HAIRS!!

Color of those hairs is really cool.......
Take a shot with a flash,light off!!
Did ya scrog it?

olddognewtricks

No. Vegged 35 days. Day 14 Fimm'd. Day 30 supercropped. Removed about 20% bottom growth. Grown in 5g air pots w/14" large drain pan.(air pot/hempy bucket combo) Fed homemade compost tea using worm castings, humic acid, fish emulsion(added liquid fish emulsion to tea after tea was finished, never brew it', stinks like hell) and bat guano. Added full recommended dose(3 Tbsp) fish emulsin and 1 heaping Tbsp of bat guano per gallon for veg. At flower, I keep N level the same, but increase my P and K. I add 3 Tbsp bat guano and 2 Tbsp molasses per gallon. Also add mushroom compost and 2 Tbsp powdered oatmeal per gallon.(compost measurements are 1/2 cup each per 5g bucket) Fed when run-off pan was dry, not the medium.(75% perlite 25% peat) Feed until about 1/2- 1 inch of nutrient runn-off is in pan. Hope this helps.

olddognewtricks

Sorry, one more thing. Sometimes added guano to tea bag to bubble, sometimes just to finished tea. To tea bag @ 1/2 cup during veg. Added 1 additional heaping Tbsp of guano per gallon to finished tea during flower. Feeding schedule was full strength, 1/2 strength, 1/2 strength, (just mixed 1/2 gal of tea and 1/2 water) then one day no water between. Once they start to flower, the air-pots had to be fed about every 24-36 hours. After day of no water, full feed was 1 gallon per plant for full feed, then about 1/2 gallon for next two feeds. Seemed to love it

olddognewtricks

All trimmed up. Got pics of beginning and end of process. I know this is a pretty new strain. I couldn't find much info on an actual grow, so just thought I could put a little bit out here. Plant finished @ just over 2 feet tall. Also 2 feet wide. Should get 3.5-4 oz by the look of things. The smoke is very balanced I/S. Leans a little more toward Thai. Two tokes kept a very happy, peaceful cheesy faced kind of high. HUGE yielder. Enjoy!

Wendull C.

Veteran
I have an older patient begging for a thai high with an acceptable finish time.
Would you say that strain has a sativa effect to you?

olddognewtricks

Appreciate it Oldpro. Was very easy to do. What's up Wendull and GreenMac? Genetics do seem to be very good GM. Started to get their Jack, but went with BLT. Might try that soon. As for the buzz, I would say def more sativa than indy, just not so racey. Great all day strain, although in heavier doses, more of the indy comes through. I take 2-3 tokes from my Granny Smith homemade bowl per session. That's it! If that doesn't do it for me, i never bother with that strain again. I def see more BLT in the near future. Hope this helps, Wendull.
Peace

A

Alone

What a yielder! Lots of big heavy buds. Nice Job ODNT. Sounds potent.
Blueberry and Lemon seem to play well together.

olddognewtricks

Appreciate it Alone. They really do play well. The longer in the jar, the more the lemon shines through. Yeah Wendull, just take your time and dont overkill on nutes or water....just enough each day works well. (every 24-36 hours in air pots) What's up Seismic? Welcome! Smells just like Lemon Pledge furniture cleaner about week 4-5 of flwr. Milder as it cures, but once you break open the crystaly goodness.....THAT'S WHAT THE FUCK I'M TALKING BOUT!!!!!! hope this helps my brothers and sisters. Peace

olddognewtricks

Hey Wendull, when I say "just enough" , it depends, of course, on your medium. They were in air pots with 14" catch basin. Gave just enough to cover bottom of pan up to maybe 1/4- 1/2 inch deep. Early in flwr, that would last 2 days. After week 3-4 that went to 36 hours. By week 6 that same amount(1/2-3/4gal) was gone under 24 hours. Had to switch to 1gal per day. Was done in pure organic tea, so fed each time, but full strength 1 feed, then 1//2 tea and 1/2/ water for next 2 feeds. Will have to play with this a little for soil or coco or dif type pot, etc. Peace

olddognewtricks

Just an update to help future growers of BLT. Yield of the 2' tall plant was 134g dry weight!!!! Just 6g shy of 5oz. With a 55 day flower, this plant is hard to beat! Most autos go longer than that, and the bigger yielding autos are up to 10 weeks. I will stick with fast flowering photos. Not knocking autos....grew a few myself, just Real happy with the yield and speed and potency.

Wendull C.

Veteran
Thank you sir.
I like to start with a quarter or third strength fert. program until I know the nutes or the strain. I can always feed more and really do not like looking at leaf burn. It's like a dent in your car, reminds you that you fucked up and never goes away!
Hell, if you use advanced at the rate they say it will fry just about anything. IMO advanced guys
Nice yield on that too, thanks again man.

olddognewtricks

Glad to help Wendull. As far as synthetic nutes, everyone I have ever seen burned plants if given in their suggested amount. When using FF, I have seen typically the same results when cutting nutes in half as using full strength. I have had great results using just worm castings and cow manure for my veg tea, and then addiing a little fruit eating bat guano through flower. Lost a little yield, but not as much as you would think, andthe product was wonderful. Just straight organics now. Can't beat the flavor, smell and taste, and the smoke is unbelievably smooth.
Okay, on a different note, I will son be trying Paradise seeds "Delahaze" (sativa), and Greenhouse "AMS" (indica). Will start a new post for that. Third run of BLT. Just wanted something different. They are both suppose to be huge yielders and potent smoke. Will keep you posted. Peace