What's new

Ladies - WTF?

MichaelVick

WTF is wrong w them?

A few days after I put them into the flowering room/system many but not all started looking all skinny/curled under like this. Any ideas?

I have seven moms i started from seed and took clones from each. All are in the system. You are seeing pics of the worst and best after 12 days flowering.

Don't mind the yellowing of the leaves. Thats due to my camera. They all look healthy green except for the really bad ones which have yellow lower leaves but most look normal green (not as many as it seems)...

Under 1kw hps
Temps 64-80 deg F
Hum 45-60deg
Co2 1150 ppm

Please help ....

Ralph

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You should fill out the information stickied at the top of the infirmary and include it in here in your post. Looks like over nitrogened, possibly blueberry genetics, maybe some stem/root rot or nute lock out. The yellowing leaves look like an inadequate supply of nutrients, not all of it is being caused by the camera. please fill ou the information found at the top of the infirmary and we will all be able to assist you better.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ARE YOU USING?

SOIL:

How long has this problem been going on?
What STRAIN are you growing?
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?)
What is the age of your plants?
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before?
How Tall are the plants?
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc)
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot)
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)
What brand Nutrient's are you using?
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding?
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM of your nutrients used?
What is the pH of the "RUN-OFF"?
How often are you testing pH/ppm/EC/TDS?
What method of pH test was administered? Using Strips? pH pen?
How often are you watering?
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding?
What size bulb are you using?
How old is your bulbs?
What is the distance to the canopy?
What is your RH Factor? (Relative Humidity)
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include fluctuation range)
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist?
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?(Only if you have a tds pen)
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?(Only if you have a tds pen)
Are you using water from a water softener?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched?
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so what and when?
Are plant's infected with pest's?

HYDROPONICS/Aero Ponics/Coco/Soiless/

How long has this problem been going on?
Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents)
What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on...)
What STRAIN are you growing?
What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?)
What is the age of your plants?
How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..)
How tall are the plants?
What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in?
What Technique are you using?
What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.)
What is the Water temperature?
What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy?
What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless)
How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful*
How often are you feeding? (If using soiless)
How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless)
If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients?
What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect)
What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using
What is the pH of the "Tank"?
How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS?
Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment?
When was your last watering?
What is your water temps?
When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional)
How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients?
What size bulb are you using?
How old is the bulbs you are using?
What is the distance to the canopy?
What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)?
What is the canopy temperature?
What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range)
What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.)
Tell us about your ventilation, intake exhaust and when its running and not running ?
Is the fan blowing directly at plants?
Is your water HARD or SOFT?
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water?
If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap?
If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?
Are you using water from a water softener?
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched
Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When?
Are plant's infected with pest's

MichaelVick

It's hard to type at the moment but...

ARE YOU USING?

HYDROPONICS/Aero Ponics/Coco/Soiless/

How long has this problem been going on? Since I put them in the flower system or longer. I think I may remember the mothers of these plants looking similar at some point.

Are you growing in a PVC grow tent? (example: Hydrohut or any other non brand tents) No

What system are you running? (DWC? Ebb flow? Aero? Water Farm? Flood Tables? and so on...) NFT

What STRAIN are you growing? Super skunk clones from 4 dif moms and NL clones from 3 dif moms. Moms all from seed...

What was the establishing technique? (Were the seed or clone?) clone
What is the age of your plants? apprx 6 weeks from clones taken. 4 weeks root/veg then 2 weeks into flower

How long have they been in there mixture they are in now?(coco,soiless etc..) aeroponics cloner -> NFT system

How tall are the plants? out of the 7 moms they are producing clones that are now 36" to 6". Avg is it 20" which is just about right.

What PHASE are the plants in? (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? 2 weeks into flower after 1 week veg

What Technique are you using? NFT

What substrate/medium are you using?(Hydroton, RockWool etc.) hydroton

What is the Water temperature? 74 df

What color are your roots? White? Brown? Are your roots slimy? light brown. look ok not slimey

What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless) GH Flora Duo keep it simple full schedule plus dutch master ZONE

How much of each nutrient are you using with how much water? *Knowing the brand is very helpful* 30G w 30g of nutes

How often are you feeding? (If using soiless) changing rez every 10 days

How often are you giving nutrients? (If using soiless) every rez change

If flowering, when did you switch over to using Bloom nutrients? today (day 13)

What order are you mixing your nutrients? (example: veg nutes 1st, bloom 2nd ect) veg, flwr

What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using . tonight 1550. prior 1000

What is the pH of the "Tank"? 6.1

How often are you testing your pH/PPM/EC/TDS? everyday now

Are you sure your calibration is correct on your equipment? i think

When was your last watering? na

What is your water temps? 75

When was your last feeding change? (ie. grow-bloom-micro-additional) last night

How often do you clean your system: example: Flush out water replace with clean water and nutrients? every 10-12 days

What size bulb are you using? 1000w hps

How old is the bulbs you are using?3 months

What is the distance to the canopy? 24in

What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? avg 60

What is the canopy temperature? 80deg

What is the Day/Night Temp? (Include flucutaion range) 15deg

What is the current Air Flow? (cfm etc.) sealed system

Is the fan blowing directly at plants? circulating yes. otherwise sealed system

Is your water HARD or SOFT? 105 ppm tap

What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? tap

If using tap water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS of the water right out of the tap? 105ppm

If using RO,Distilled,mineral water, what is the ppm/EC/TDS without any additives?
na

Are you using water from a water softener?na

Has plant been recently pruned, cloned off of or pinched no

Have any pest chemicals been used? If so, What and When? no

Are plant's infected with pest's no

MichaelVick

I created 7 moms from seed from supposedly the same strain (nirvana seeds super skunk). Then I took clones from all the moms for flowering. I kept track of which moms produced which flowering plants.

It is very clear that clones from mom #3 and #5 are having the majority of the problems. Most other clones appear to be very happy.

After noting this I'm assuming mothers #3 and #5 are just weak? Is that possible? Should I just scrap them?

MichaelVick

more...

more...

I created 7 moms from seed from supposedly the same strain (nirvana seeds super skunk). Then I took clones from all the moms for flowering. I kept track of which moms produced which flowering plants.

It is very clear that clones from mom #3 and #5 are having the majority of the problems. Most other clones appear to be very happy.

After noting this I'm assuming mothers #3 and #5 are just weak? Is that possible? Should I just scrap them?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
What is the Water temperature? 74 df
Problem one... need to get that down below 70F for best results. Any time roots are directly exposed to nutrient solution (dwc, nft, etc...) it needs to be kept at a low temperature so oxygen can easily stay dissolved in it.

What Nutrient's are you using?(If growing soiless) GH Flora Duo keep it simple full schedule plus dutch master ZONE
Dunno that schedule but I've yet to see anyone use the mfg recommended nutrient strength and additives and come away with great plants. In 10 years I haven't seen it and even professionals will tell you they never use the strengths 'recommended' by the companies that make the products they use.

What is the TDS/EC/PPM you are using . tonight 1550. prior 1000
What is the conversion on your meter? .5 or .7? That's a pretty hot mix at 1550, see previous statements on mfg recommended nutrient usage.

What is the pH of the "Tank"? 6.1
Ouch. DWC and NFT res pH should start at 5.2-5.4 and rise to 5.8'ish.. the exact numbers will depend on your particular situation and strains/phenos.

What is your RH Factor(Relative Humidity)? avg 60
You'll want to drop this as you get further into flowering... Pollen/Spore filtering intakes will reduce your risk of mold and other issues as well.

What is the canopy temperature? 80deg
You'll want to lower this as well, when you drop the humidity. Shoot for 75F as a maximum at the lower humidity range.

Couple changes and you should see dramatic improvements... nice looking plants for a first run. :D

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

MichaelVick

Thanks for the input hydro-soil.

I have the temps high cause I'm doing a sealed room w CO2. The 80 deg is at the canopy. The room is around 75. I will try lowering it to around 75/70. I would love to get the rez temps down but I have three rezes so it is difficult.

i will try lowering the nute strength a bit but it was at 1000 for two weeks and thats when the prob started so I raised it.

Any further input?

Anyone else care to add?

MichaelVick

Another thought: My local shop says to keep pH between 5.8-6.2 so that's what i've done. Are you saying it should be lower for NFT?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
There are a lot of nutrient profiles that would do well with 5.8-6.2... GH 3-part without the grow component is not one of them.

To get the maximum absorption of all elements from the nutes... you use a full pH swing within the comfort range for the plants. Since you're not dripping through a medium or flooding alternately... there's no drop in pH through evaporation... the pH swing must be allowed to naturally happen in the res.

Read the "Ask Lucas" thread. It goes into detail on how to use nutes to control pH... and how to run a res for 4-5 months without dumping. Awesome info that most people never run into. Hydro is difficult and hard to 'figure out' without this most basic set of information.

Hope that helps. :)

Oh yeah... I wouldn't listen to the hydro store guy much, they're generally woefully inexperienced with cannabis, or at least properly grown cannabis. Much better to get your info from here. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

MichaelVick

Thanks again guys. My plants are looking better now.

I think they just wanted more food. I also added air to the rez so maybe that helped too...

Going to read the "ask Lucas" thread now :)

Latest posts

Latest posts