What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Marimbas New growroom!

marimbas

Hey guys, some have been waiting to see what happend with this. well FINALLY!!! I got the first phase of my growroom all set up, remember im building it in 3 phases...

Well for you who dosnt know what a hell i was doing, let me explain. I made my own grow "tent". buying a premade one was not a good option for me for a few reasons.
a) shippment costs
b) taxes
c) THE MUST IMPORTANT!!! FIRE RISK!

So i descided i should have done my own, normaly this tents are 300 bucks in the market, i thought mine was gonna be much cheaper well it ended up being the whole oposite shit!.

BUT i made my own with the TOP materials, of all kind. SO.
My new grow room is

Fireproof
Lightproof
waterproof
odorproof

lets say dumb proof!
and it is 3 X 3 X 7

Anyways as i was saying it ended costing much more.
First since its made with top shelf materials, i used 3 different fabrics, and the structure is made with reinforced, hidraulic PVC.
So only the tent costed me around 510 dollars.
Plus the light, (im using a cooltube, and a digital ballast 400 watts). but that is gonna be the second phase, where i will set up the fan and all the ducting.

Tomorrow ill post a couple pictures, so please feel free to make any objective critisism, or anything...

killabrown420

building your own room kicks ass imo, and yes those "hidden costs" can add up quick.

Good luck with the rest of the build and looking forward to seeing yer pics

:lurk:

marimbas

Here we go.. this are the pictures, my mayor concer is fire risk, must of the indoor growers arnt very much aware of this. but you just need a little bit of bad luck, and your house is gonne. and if you live in an ampartment half of the building is gone, so not only your home but many other homes...

So I made this fire controled.

http://www.polartec.com/movies/THERMALM.MOV

with that video youll see the fabric i used. Wich is nomex, its expensive but keeps you safe...

If you have any other question or anything feel free to ask me anything.

B

baccas125

Nice cab you have there. I have heard so much of the work that has gon into making this the past few months in chat. Good to see that it has finaly be completed and put to use. :wave:

tokinsmokin

Nice thats sick, Don't you love these cabs that are their own little environment. Good call on keeping it fire safe, I definitely take this in to consideration what ever I do, unlike many growers out there. I hear you on the hidden costs! before you know it, the price of the cab has doubled.

marimbas

Thanks guys! It took a lot of work, and a lot of time, Im getting the fan and the duct tomorrow!. Ill show you some pictures once the lightning system is set up.

This is the TOP shelf of the grow tents...

G

So where did you buy this polartec stuff?

And, if making a small grow cab, say 1/3 the size of yours, do you think I can just go buy fire sheets from walmart and use that as my fabric, instead of using polartec, in order to achieve a fire-proof box-tent?

marimbas

if you made 1/3 the size of this one, you would reduce the price by 1/3 the price i paid.
The Nomex wich is the polartec stuff, its sold by certain stores, so get in www.dupont.com and find the nomex there, check for distributors in your area and make some calls.
Other than that i would recomend to google for fire sheets, and find if there is anything close to you, the rest you can buy it in a fabric store.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks good Marimbas....cute little grow box :D ....good idea to be so safe...i'll be watchin your grow, thanks for the pics :D

G

marimbas said:
if you made 1/3 the size of this one, you would reduce the price by 1/3 the price i paid.
The Nomex wich is the polartec stuff, its sold by certain stores, so get in www.dupont.com and find the nomex there, check for distributors in your area and make some calls.
Other than that i would recomend to google for fire sheets, and find if there is anything close to you, the rest you can buy it in a fabric store.
Using fireblankets from walmart would achieve basically the same effect, though, right?

dan kay

I've been looking at doing something similar for a while. that is very nicely done. what size pvc did you use 1/2 or 3/4 inch? where did you find the corner pieces the hardware stores here don't have them for 3/4 inch. good job with the extra bracing on the corners i'd been looking at how i was going to do that on my last trip to home depot.

G

wow mari its been alot of talking and you completed that tent.. what was the total cost shit i could use one of them.....

G

It looks like a giant audio speaker...hahaha nice - you should draw on it some round circles and stuff to make it look like the real thing

marimbas

the PVC is 1 inch.

ive never seen the walmar fire blankets shibby, but if you can get a little piece and make a fire test, it might work.

it costed 510 dolls. 200 dolls over a premade one, but at least with this one i wont be paranoid ablout fire hazard. (and if fire situation happend i would be safe, asleep in my home and i wount burn noones home including mine.)

G

Very nice and ingenious marimbas. Nomex that ought to keep you protected.

When does the grow start? I can't wait to see it.

GCG

marimbas

i just got all the duct, the lamp, and the fan. ill be installing it all this weekend.

ill start growing as soon as i can buy the system.

Latest posts

Latest posts