Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Outdoors > Buddah Watcha 2013 Outdoor Season!

Thread Title Search
Click for great cannabis genetics at Female Seeds!
Buddah Watcha 2013 Outdoor Season! Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-25-2013, 12:56 AM #1
Buddah Watcha

Buddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud of
Buddah Watcha 2013 Outdoor Season!

So here we are, new year, new plans, more knowledge and wisdom, and higher goals are set!

Last year we had a great outdoor season, was able to harvest some good quality smoke that should get me through this year, hopefully till the next harvest! However, it was a great learning experience! A lot of mistakes were made but that is the only way to learn! We had a rough start of seeds, a mix of bad soil, which resulted in poor roots, which slowed things down a bit! Also, we forgot to put slug bait the first week out, which also slowed things down a lot! We didn't write down the amount of plants or their location and this resulted in some nice surprises and almost on a disaster!

Some genetics used last year weren't the greatest and that resulted in some shitty smoke that had to be sent out to the streets! This year I did some extensive genetics selection, and also know what to expect from what we ran last year!

The holes we prepared last year weren't big enough, we didn't have enough time to prepare them. We also underfed the soil, which resulted in hungry girls by the end of the season!

So enough bragging about last year, here's the plan for this year: bigger holes, more nutrients, better genetics, better planning, lot's of clones and more love to the girls!

The genetics this year will be mostly HFH (danish cheese, brown super 07, and a few others) and LouDog's Casey Jones x Sour Bubble IX1, which was the best last year!

We'll be starting 30 seeds this week, on straight coco, about 15-20 CJxSB and 2 out of each others. From these, they will be put on flower indoors and the best females will be selected to be turned into mom's and from these we will be taking out clones and putting the out on the middle of May.

The holes will be at least 25+ gallons, hopefully a few 100 gal holes and some in between. Peat, perlite and compost mixed in equal parts, and some fresh homemade EWC, amended with some all purpose organic fertilizer (dr.earth or espoma), dolomite, humic acids, and some mycohizzae fungi when transplanted.

Here's a rough estimate on the breakdown of the dates:
  • Jan 25th start seeds
  • Feb 20th take clones and turn into mothers/flip to 12/12
  • March 5th clones (mothers) rooted
  • Apr 30th finish flowering/select best females/kill runts/Take clones from mothers
  • May 15th Clones rooted
  • May 25th Clones out

The plan is to have around 30/40 clones rooted with a few days veg by end of May, ready to go out!

The location is 42N, same as last year, on a private 50+ acres property, you can check the last year grow in my signature in case you haven't yet. It's its pretty marshy type land where I don't need to worry about watering my plants at all!

If anyone got any critic or suggestions, your are more than welcome to post it

Cheerz
Buddah Watcha is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:32 AM #2
MelloYello

MelloYello is a jewel in the roughMelloYello is a jewel in the roughMelloYello is a jewel in the roughMelloYello is a jewel in the roughMelloYello is a jewel in the roughMelloYello is a jewel in the rough
I am at 38.5N, and as far as the clones, that is the exact schedule that I do.

Clones out around the 22nd. I have a supplemental lighting set up for the first couple weeks out, only because my house has trees in the neighborhood that block some sunlight. It is set up one half-hour before and after sunset/sunset on June 5th. Then, a couple weeks later the best clones go to their spot in the ground ( different location with no trees). Start 2-3 times what you need to make sure all plants that end up in ground are vigorous.
MelloYello is offline Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 02:48 PM #3
Buddah Watcha

Buddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud ofBuddah Watcha has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelloYello View Post
I am at 38.5N, and as far as the clones, that is the exact schedule that I do.

Clones out around the 22nd. I have a supplemental lighting set up for the first couple weeks out, only because my house has trees in the neighborhood that block some sunlight. It is set up one half-hour before and after sunset/sunset on June 5th. Then, a couple weeks later the best clones go to their spot in the ground ( different location with no trees). Start 2-3 times what you need to make sure all plants that end up in ground are vigorous.
Hey MelloYello, thanks for checking in bro! I don't have the option of adding additional lighting but I'll def keep an eye on the light schedule to prevent early flowering!

I'll definitely consider taking more clones than needed and selecting the most vigorous one!

Peace!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:54 PM #4
coloradcannabis

coloradcannabis will become famous soon enoughcoloradcannabis will become famous soon enough
What seeds have you started??? they should be hatching now if you stuck to the schedule.
coloradcannabis is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 08:44 AM #5
Rob547
East Coast Grower

Rob547 is just really niceRob547 is just really niceRob547 is just really niceRob547 is just really niceRob547 is just really niceRob547 is just really niceRob547 is just really niceRob547 is just really niceRob547 is just really niceRob547 is just really niceRob547 is just really nice
Nice to see you're already getting shit started Buddah. Will be watching
Rob547 is offline Quote

Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 PM #6
Buddah Watcha

Hey Rob, nice to have you here bro! I hope you got things started as well, wanna see what you got planned for this year!

Coloradcannabis, currently we got 12 CJxSB IX1 started and 2 of each other ones, which are mostly HFH strains such as, Danish Cheese, Brown Super 07, ErdpurtxBambata, Deep Passion, b3N7 Erdpurt, Hashplant, Arnes Snowdog and Mors Iran. Not exact sure, bc growbro has thangs started over his place, but thats the lineup we are working with this year. We also have some Weedbeat seeds, but not sure they are going to make the OD.

I also forgot to add, that we will be also amending the holes with Azomite!

Thanks for checking it out guys!
Peace!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 PM #7
Eugen

Eugen is a glorious beacon of lightEugen is a glorious beacon of lightEugen is a glorious beacon of lightEugen is a glorious beacon of lightEugen is a glorious beacon of lightEugen is a glorious beacon of lightEugen is a glorious beacon of lightEugen is a glorious beacon of lightEugen is a glorious beacon of lightEugen is a glorious beacon of lightEugen is a glorious beacon of light
hey buddah,
i am in for the season - have a good one!
hehe, i decided to not work with clones that much this year (only for the replacements of the males that got pulled). the rest will be seedlings, brought out after 2-3 weeks of nurturing those little babies at home. those seedsling plants turn out to get much bigger and be much more robust (talking thick well connected side branches) than clones.

anyways, it should be a good year for us all, i hope.
easy man
Eugen is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:17 PM #8
Buddah Watcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugen View Post
hey buddah,
i am in for the season - have a good one!
hehe, i decided to not work with clones that much this year (only for the replacements of the males that got pulled). the rest will be seedlings, brought out after 2-3 weeks of nurturing those little babies at home. those seedsling plants turn out to get much bigger and be much more robust (talking thick well connected side branches) than clones.

anyways, it should be a good year for us all, i hope.
easy man
Hey Eugen, big ups brotah! Thanks for the info, I was not aware of that fact, will definitely consider it! The mothers will definitely be put out, probably gonna get a solid few months of veg and hopefully be turned into monsters

I'll be keeping a close eye on your thread, enjoyed the show of last year, and best of luck to you too!

Much respect!
Peace!

Old 01-28-2013, 10:54 PM #9
LouDog420

Should be a great season with this early of a start! Tagged up

Old 01-29-2013, 01:41 AM #10
Buddah Watcha

Hey Lou, its my pleasure to have you here brothah! I hope you enjoy the show!