What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

3 Starfighter Crosses

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran

These got wet today.

After the germ they will be transferred to 32 oz beer cups. I'll grow them out and do the lady hunt.

The best 18 females will be cloned and bloomed out in the aeroflo.

Starfighter got a lot of hype, but there are some stunning pictures and testimonials to be found out there. As far as I know, these are the first crosses available to the public.

If you have pics of any of these or starfighter, please toss them up here.

After all of the grow diaries I have done, this is the first one to go into the grow diaries section!

I welcome old friends and hope to meet new ones here in the grow diaries forum.

As always, your comments and questions are welcome.

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the crosses:

Predator Pink - Plushberry x Starfighter
Flight - Flav x Starfighter
Blue Angels - Blueberry x Starfighter

12 seeds each.

mogrow

good luck AK, i got the blue angels on the way and the starfighter f2. exotic always liked his flav, bet the flight will be a good cross. the predator pink and starfighter are sold out, where i shop.
peace mogrow

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm happy to report 100% germination of all seeds within 48 hours. 36 sprouts were transferred to dirt in 32 oz beer cups.

I'll do a head count update in a couple days.

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Head Count

Looks like 1 FLT and 1 PRP got et. All the sprouts look normal and are past the "helmet" stage.

I'll let these veg for a month and we will then start the lady hunt.

-AK

Twisted pleasur

Veteran
Re: 3 Starfighter Crosses

Nice Im running HeadCase right now. They are the Flight BX to Starfighter. They are nice so far.
Veg. Exotic is a cool Kat for sure.
All the NW crew.
Good Luck bro.

T~P

Og widow

I'm growing the starfighter f1s now so far a breeze to grow.fast growth and easy to maintain

Tahoe alien pheno
jo008_zps78abfaec.jpg

Lemon aliendawg pheno
2013-01-27212355_zpscbf684ad.jpg

I also have a new cross from exotic to test hog x starfighter f2 lad

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Girl Hunt Time!

It's time to start looking for girls! I had 1 FLT self top itself - other than that everyone looks really good.

I plan to get rid of the boys over the next two weeks and get these into the cloner asap.

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Off With Their Heads!

The Moms

Flight:

Predator Pink:

Blue Angels:

The BLA took the longest to sex, in fact I still have some indeterminate primordia on a couple of them. I will keep a close eye on all of them for balls. 18 plants is my optimum number to bloom and we have a great distribution with 6/6/7 phenos per strain.

At this stage each phenotype is assigned a number based on its height - 1 being the tallest etc. This helps later when figuring out the canopy in the bloom room.

All of the plants look lush and vigorous with no obvious mutants or runts.

The Cloner:

Using the tops of young seedlings is about the worst clone material you can use. However I rarely lose one, and this way allows us the to look at the most plants the fastest.

I expect to let them grow roots and stabilize for 3 weeks, when I will top and prune them to get them ready for the bloom room.

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And Away We Go!

Cover Sheet:

Freshly Planted Unit:

PRP:

BLA:

FLT:

The plants are a little floppy, but will perk within a day or so. Everyone made it to the show, but I do have 2 runts that were slow to root. I put them in the middle in the hope of at least getting a taste from them. I also have a couple BLAs that refused to put out any primordia in veg, so I'll be watching them closely.

The PRP were absolute monsters in the cloners - a good 4 inches taller than everyone else. They already have beautiful streaks of color.

I put the FLT on the other edge and the BLA in the middle.

I'm starting with light nutes and will bring them up to around 480 in the next few days.

I can't wait to see some flowers!

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 14 Bloom Update

Unit:

FLT:

BLA:

PRP:

Data:

The plants have taken a nice jump for 14 days. They have started eating aggressively and have some serious budset.

They have another week or so of stretch to go. I have lightly pruned them, and I expect that to be last cutting I do on them. The trellis will go up near the end of stretch.

I had one dude hiding his stuff, but he couldn't hold it anymore so now we are down to 18 individuals in the grow. BLA has the earliest budset, while PRP still lords over the group with stout stems and large leaves. FLT is the most exotic looking and smelling of the run so far.

All the crosses have light variation, but overall I would say these are pretty consistent plants.

-AK

AeroKlone

Can I ask you a stalk question AK: what affects stalk size most? Just how much does growing from seed vs clone affect them? Is it a matter of not vegging plants enough and flipping to bloom too quickly?

P.S. Your incredibly consistent even canopies and increased yields are inspiring us to use your pruning and defoliating recommendations, and start using a light mover.
Also, I've been doing a lot of reading on various forums and I must say, hardly anyone posts as much detail or is half as meticulous as you are AK. Its a hell of a ride just watching how you do what you do. Thank you for sharing your considerable knowledge and experience for us all to learn from.

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 21 Bloom Update

Unit:

FLT:

BLA:

PRP:

Data:

The plants grew another foot and a half or so and the buds are coming on strong. They have been hogging the nutes as you can see on the data sheet. Today they got their first taste of PK boost. I expect about another 6 inches of stretch before its all about cola building.

I plan on putting in the first level trellis in a couple days. I will prune any hopeless bottom shoots and remove some leaves.

I have a couple FLT that smell like concentrated Mountain Dew. A wonderful effervescent sweet lemon lime aroma. I have a PRP that has an interesting leaf mutation, the large fan leaves are growing several extra leaflets - almost looking like a claw. Appropriate for something named Predator. The BLA has the earliest stack and several interesting berry smells. All the plants appear to have a thick trichome coverage for 21 days.

I'm happy with the progress of the plants so far, and they all look promising at this point.

------

-AeroKlone

Thanx for the kind words. As for thick stems - I'm using seedling tops as clones, so they tend to have thicker stems than clones taken from mature mother plants.

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 28 Bloom Update

Unit:

FLT:

BLA:

PRP:

Data:

Stretch has stopped and the plants are shifting focus towards bud formation. We got another 6 -8 inches total stretch - making them just in the sweet spot for height.

As you can see the first level trellis is in. I did light pruning and removed some leaves. All the plants are strapped in their own personal spot in the light.

The plants have been eating strong - I have started PK boosting to help the plants with their switch to bud formation. I expect them to soon start just sipping the nutes as flowers become the priority over stems.

Smells are becoming stronger and the trichome coverage has become thicker. BLA continues to lead the pack with earliest stack, while the FLT and PRP still hold a height advantage.

The plants continue to look very promising. It's time to plump em!

-AK

aerokrafter

Trichome Taste Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Day 35 Bloom Update

Unit:

FLT:

2 Phenos of BLA:

3 Phenos of PRP:

Data:

Half way done!

The plants have started filling in the colas. PRP and FLT seem to have a topknot type bud, while BLA continues to develop the fastest.

Frost levels are elevated across the spectrum of phenos and strains. The phenotype group shots above show about the maximum variation within strains. Very nice consistency - its gonna make keeper selection difficult I imagine - I hope!

I have a BLA that has a brightly sweet cherry smell. Not a dull, sorta cherry, but an in your face artificial red Starburst aroma. I have a melonly FLT along with a Mountain Dew and a 7up+spice example. PRP is mostly floral with a hint of fuel and looks to take the longest.

I have been PK boosting and found the upper limit for all three strains to be about 490 peak ppm for my application. The roots are still bright white, and the root mat is about an inch thick with aero root pompoms around 6 inches in diameter. We are still running sterile and chilled with minimal Zone.

I plan to let the colas wave in the breeze for as long as possible before tying them up with a second level trellis in the next week to 10 days.

Time to pack it on!

-AK

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts