Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Landraces > American landrace?

Thread Title Search
American landrace? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-15-2013, 08:03 PM #1
agent_nugjar

agent_nugjar is on a distinguished road
American landrace?

I think thats technically what this would be . I got 3 seeds from a friend who grows in denver. it is a killer chemdawg crossed with wild weed that grows in Ohio (I think), that is called fruitpunch I guess for obvious reasons. So if it grew wild then its American landrace, yes?
agent_nugjar is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 08:08 PM #2
FuhQ
Banned

FuhQ will become famous soon enough
American landrace is called ditch weed, it grows wild in like Indiana, Kansas and Nebraska and Im sure other places.
FuhQ is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:09 PM #3
red rider

red rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud of
No offense but I'm pretty sure a non Mexican wild North American landrace would be hemp. If you grew out the cross it would not be a landrace but if you grew out the pure "fruit punch" then it would be landrace. Interesting non the less.

Peace
red rider is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 PM #4
agent_nugjar

agent_nugjar is on a distinguished road
Yea no offense taken at all haha.....I felt like it was a stupid question cuz who would want ditch weed...however someone has done this, and I know its from a breeder that won a cup in the last two years with a different new strain, from a company that never actually sold any of the beans haha. Mixing this ditch weed with some chemdawg must have been just some experiment or something

But anyway, I put a few pics of it in a new album in my profile. The flower pic is from my friend who gave me the seeds
agent_nugjar is offline Quote

Old 01-15-2013, 08:56 PM #5
trichrider
THEORETICAL

trichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond reputetrichrider has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/ncnu02/v5-284.html

Probably indigenous to temperate Asia, C. sativa is the most widely cited example of a “camp follower.” It was pre-adapted to thrive in the manured soils around man’s early settlements, which quickly led to its domestication (Schultes 1970). Hemp was harvested by the Chinese 8500 years ago (Schultes and Hofmann 1980). For most of its history, C. sativa was most valued as a fiber source, considerably less so as an intoxicant, and only to a limited extent as an oilseed crop. Hemp is one of the oldest sources of textile fiber, with extant remains of hempen cloth trailing back 6 millennia. Hemp grown for fiber was introduced to western Asia and Egypt, and subsequently to Europe somewhere between 1000 and 2000 BCE. Cultivation in Europe became widespread after 500 ce. The crop was first brought to South America in 1545, in Chile, and to North America in Port Royal, Acadia in 1606. The hemp industry flourished in Kentucky, Missouri, and Illinois between 1840 and 1860 because of the strong demand for sailcloth and cordage (Ehrensing 1998). From the end of the Civil War until 1912, virtually all hemp in the US was produced in Kentucky. During World War I, some hemp cultivation occurred in several states, including Kentucky, Wisconsin, California, North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Michigan, Kansas, and Iowa (Ehrensing 1998). The second world war led to a brief revival of hemp cultivation in the Midwest, as well as in Canada, because the war cut off supplies of fiber (substantial renewed cultivation also occurred in Germany for the same reason). Until the beginning of the 19th century, hemp was the leading cordage fiber. Until the middle of the 19th century, hemp rivaled flax as the chief textile fiber of vegetable origin, and indeed was described as “the king of fiber-bearing plants,—the standard by which all other fibers are measured” (Boyce 1900). Nevertheless, the Marihuana Tax Act applied in 1938 essentially ended hemp production in the United States, although a small hemp fiber industry continued in Wisconsin until 1958. Similarly in 1938 the cultivation of Cannabis became illegal in Canada under the Opium and Narcotics Act.

no indigenous cannabis or hemp ever came out of ohio, so no.

trichrider is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 PM #6
komboloi

komboloi has a spectacular aura aboutkomboloi has a spectacular aura aboutkomboloi has a spectacular aura aboutkomboloi has a spectacular aura about
I harvested a couple units of OD Iowa "landrace" in 1976. It wouldn't get you high to save your life. Sure looked good though. It was growing on a turkey farm, and all the turkeys had "lollipopped" the plants as high as they could reach. They looked like happy turkeys.
komboloi is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 05:16 PM #7
red rider

red rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud ofred rider has much to be proud of
Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by komboloi View Post
I harvested a couple units of OD Iowa "landrace" in 1976. It wouldn't get you high to save your life. Sure looked good though. It was growing on a turkey farm, and all the turkeys had "lollipopped" the plants as high as they could reach. They looked like happy turkeys.

I think it's a well established fact that turkeys are light wieghts and get a buzz even off hemp lol

Peace

Last edited by red rider; 01-17-2013 at 02:19 AM.. Reason: Stoned
red rider is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 05:50 PM #8
komboloi

komboloi has a spectacular aura aboutkomboloi has a spectacular aura aboutkomboloi has a spectacular aura aboutkomboloi has a spectacular aura about
One day I might be stupid like a turkey, and I too will enjoy that fine Iowanna or another North American landrace. I just hope I don't drown by looking up when it rains.
komboloi is offline Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 05:58 PM #9
Greenheart

Greenheart is a jewel in the roughGreenheart is a jewel in the roughGreenheart is a jewel in the roughGreenheart is a jewel in the roughGreenheart is a jewel in the roughGreenheart is a jewel in the roughGreenheart is a jewel in the rough
Perhaps it is an attempt to recapture lost cannabinoids.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:16 PM #10
Kcar
There are FOUR lights!

Kcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to beholdKcar is a splendid one to behold
Might be a 'landrace' in the Hawaiian islands by now...