What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Crucial Cup Colosseum aka Twisted Towers

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cup colosseum v3

Glad to be back chillin in the vert section!!!

this round will be powered by a 600w hps and includes 4 cup towers plus 1 SRGB media tube, all being assembled now, same space, strains will be: 1 tower of flo, 1 tower of chunky Diesel, 1 tower of buddah's sister, 1 mixed tower (chunky diesel, bubba kush, deadhead og (unsexed)), and the SRGB media tube filled with buddah's sister.

View Image
^^ cup towers

View Image
^^^ SRGB media tube

The next generation Colosseum, AV style. ..Solid. .

Work some magic brother,Gots the makings of a killer show..

So I thought SRGB bags were about letting roots grow through the bags— not air pruning ...
Do the roots have a shared medium space down the back?
Are they simply 4 bags hanging together ?

1st thing that came to my minds eye.
Cener the SRGB in the res bucket.
Build a 1/2" PVC square frame around the inside the bucket.
Add a light proof tarp around the frame with slits to pull the plants through.
This would give the bags the ability to let the roots come out and grow down the outside of the bags.
Perhaps increasing growth rates.

Talking about a space left between the bags and the tarp.
Moist + humid + dark= roots...:biggrin:

2 cents...lol

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran

So I thought SRGB bags were about letting roots grow through the bags— not air pruning ...

sup AD, thanks for tuning in, bud.

as for extra roots vs air pruning.... duno, im sure SRGB will chime in on this, however; i can answer the 2nd 2 questions.
YES shared rootspace, NOT 4 bags hung together, it is just like one long stocking, plants roots will be able to grow downward uninterrupted and share the entire rootspace.

also,
i slightly edited the SRGB media tube, there were slits to insert clones into the media tube, they were a little too tight to get my rootmasses thru. So I added vertical slits perpendicular to the horizontal one, making a cross, and a larger hole to insert clones & rootmasses into the tube.

SRGB

Alien Dawg:

1st thing that came to my minds eye.
Cener the SRGB in the res bucket.
Build a 1/2" PVC square frame around the inside the bucket.
Add a light proof tarp around the frame with slits to pull the plants through.
This would give the bags the ability to let the roots come out and grow down the outside of the bags.
Perhaps increasing growth rates.

Talking about a space left between the bags and the tarp.
Moist + humid + dark= roots...:biggrin:

our products
2 cents...lol

Hi, Alien Dawg.

This thread might offer additional illustrative perspective:

Square Root® Brand Garden Bag - Tube

A 16 site unit is depicted; with 4, 8 , 12 and custom site configuration possible.

Yes, our products (SRBGB`s) are designed to encourage root growth through the walls and bottom of the SRBGB - not `air pruning`. The same principle is generally applicable to the SRBGB Tube, or `The Sock`, as Avinash.miles has described the unit.

`The Sock` is a single SRBGB, with slits to place seeds, cuttings, scions, stakes, etc. Yes, all of the specimen share the same medium within the SRBGB Tube.

Roots are generally able to grow through the side walls and bottom of `The Sock`, once established inside the SRBGB Tube, similar to our standard Square Root® Bags.

At the linked thread, a pump with appropriate head was affixed as a top feed for the SRBGB Tube, which could be switched on or off. `The Sock` could also be handwatered, as Avinash.miles described.

Best,
/SRGB/

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's awesome...

A 5 hook set up.

4 bags hanging in a circle with a stacked set of 600s in the center.
Easy to work on or move around. ..Damn that's forward thinking...lol

Y'all amaze me. ...

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That's awesome...

A 5 hook set up.

4 bags hanging in a circle with a stacked set of 600s in the center.
Easy to work on or move around. ..Damn that's forward thinking...lol

Y'all amaze me. ...
:thank you:
just looking at my space.... envisioning budsicles and the whole "plant count dictates yeilds" kinda thing....
it would DEF take more than 4 tubes to fill the available canopy space around a 600w.... i mean, i have 4 towers plus a sock... and im thinking of adding another tower (would add another sock if i had one, :) ).

Just my opinion, a 600w growing budsicle style plants, flipped small (less than 6 or 8 inches tall) could handle like.... 6 maybe 8 socks and/or towers.... maybe even more around a 1kw lite.

:blowbubbles:

:ying:

SRGB

Avinash.miles:

Just my opinion, a 600w growing budsicle style plants, flipped small (less than 6 or 8 inches tall) could handle like.... 6 maybe 8 socks and/or towers.... maybe even more around a 1kw lite.

Hi, Avinash.miles.

An SRBGB `Sock` with 12 sites (270 degrees of potential foliage mass) might also suffice to `max-out` the available space around a single luminaire.

Top view:

#--[]--#
....|
....#

where

[] = SRBGB `Sock`,
--# = specimen.

Best,
/SRGB/

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry about the lack of updates in this thread, I'll be uploading some pics of this setup this week....
bump

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
update time, mid week 3 into flowering

update time, mid week 3 into flowering

picture.php

^^^ off center bird eye view of the cup colosseum v3

picture.php

^^ SRGB media sock
bottom plant in it died, transplant stress/ not enough watering at transplant
but the top plant stretched, so it still fits in to the scheme of things, lowered the sock into the light donut...
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
battling the borg (spider mites) this round.... buds still looking good, chunky D close to finishing, buddah's sisters needing a lil bit longer.

the srgb media sock is doing very well.... despite the bottom plant dying.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
fuk da borg

anyhow

around week 7ish and the plants are looking good, better than week 4 ish when the borg showed themselves.... the towers of chunky D are flushing now, chunky D being an indica leaning stain, finishes quicker.
buddahs sister on the otherhand, sativa leaning, gonna need another week or 3..... same with my Flo x grimm cross, needs more time to truly be FINISHED.

I'll get some recent pics up asap.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Very innovative growing style, man!
This is also a great set-up to automate. Could be made into a set & forget about it method once you are dialed in.

Good luck! :lurk:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very innovative growing style, man!
This is also a great set-up to automate. Could be made into a set & forget about it method once you are dialed in.

Good luck! :lurk:
thanks exploziv, I love vert and hope to return to growing vert bare bulbs someday. many of my favorite threads on icmag are of vert grows.

this tiny setup was built for one of my patients as a grow for their home, that i would visit regularly. The aim was for automation or just ultra-simple upkeep and watering. I had so much fun building and maintaining these towers.

Gry

Looked like a good idea to me, was neat seeing what you did with it, thank you for having shared this.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=73599&pictureid=1800925
https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=73599&pictureid=1800926

Drip feed on top. Gutter on bottom for return. Cost a whopping $170 to build. I used hog rings to attach cups. The first cup has bottom cut off and then attached to chain.

Then you can easily move plants in solos around. And not have to pot up into the wall which would be a huge pain.
dude that setup is MEAN looking, so cool!!!! hw does the system work out? u like it and continue to use it?
i love it.... slick building!