What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Vert coco setup: 1800w

BldSwtTrs

This is my new vert setup. Idea was inspired by DHF. He hooked me up with the basic blueprints and I took it from there. Let me please say that I basically stole this idea from DHF and he should receive all credit for the original idea. This is just my version of it...

*Setup runs 3x 600w digilux (FWIW I fucking hate digilux just had em lyin' around and only used em once and I was feeling cheap/lazy)...

*64 plants in 1'x'1'x1' pots (64 Pure Kush and 16 White Berry)

*Hydroton lining the bottom few inches with pure cana coco filling the rest

*DTW using simply flora duo

*Auto water using micro sprinklers and gutter drainage

*Room is running co2 with lights on temps between 80-84 and lights off temps between 74-75

*Racks are obviously moveable so I can get in and work....

*Simple small floor fan pointed up at the light stack to keep air moving and cool...

This pic is taken at the end of week 4 of 12/12. Plants received a 3 week veg, but I think I could achieve the same results with a shorter veg if I hadn't of packed so many plants in to such a small area. Wasn't using enough light and the plants were overcrowded so they ended up being kind of shitty vegged. Oh well...

Pics...

picture.php

Outside shot of the whole deal...

picture.php

Same...

picture.php

Open sesame...

picture.php

Inside looking up her skirt...

So far I am liking this system. It is pretty simple to setup and has lots of cool features that I will mention as the thread grows.

Stretch is now completed so I will be taking all fan leaves this weekend.

So far things are looking OK, but not great because there was overcrowding issues in veg (I vegged them horizontally) and I was sort of guessing on the timing (never ran these strains in vert before).

Anyway should be a fun thread and will have lots more pics to come...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I would recommend that you take a few leaves the first day then gradually take the rest of the fans over the next week to week and a half. This way your plants will still take up nutes. I have found that if I take the leaves to fast the plants pretty much stop drinking and take longer to flower.

Room looks great though.

Marlo

Seedsweeper
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks great.

I agree with Ichabod.... take the fan leaves a few at a time.

:tiphat:

D

DHF

I take no credit , but rather take pride in helpin folks max out their shit........

Killer job Bro......Keep up the good work , and watch out for overcrowding in the corners........

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

BldSwtTrs

I would recommend that you take a few leaves the first day then gradually take the rest of the fans over the next week to week and a half. This way your plants will still take up nutes. I have found that if I take the leaves to fast the plants pretty much stop drinking and take longer to flower.

Room looks great though.

Yea its funny man I started taking fans about a year and a half ago in my old flooded tubes and other verts with great success. Experimented a lot with timing because even only a year and half ago people were still screaming DONT TAKE FAN LEAVES!

Had to give it a shot since I was having overcrowding issues having over 100 plants in such a small area...

First started just raping the ladies in week 3 and def noticed much much smaller buds at the final harvest, but still increased weight over not taking fans.

The past year or so I have been waiting until the beginning of week 5 to take fan leaves and have been just raping them with pretty solid success.

I will give the slow stripping over the course of a week a try and see how that works out. Always room to imrove...

Looks great.

I agree with Ichabod.... take the fan leaves a few at a time.

:tiphat:

Thanks mate. Where the hell have you been lately bro? Missin your vert threads...

Very nice setup BldSwtTrs.

Thanks bro. Keep on checkin it as I will be having lots of updates.

I take no credit , but rather take pride in helpin folks max out their shit........

Killer job Bro......Keep up the good work , and watch out for overcrowding in the corners........

Peace....DHF....:ying:.....

Takin credit when credit is due is always fair IMO... Always help to have a rough idea of what you want to do and I have you to thank for that. Many thanks bro...

As for overcrowding in the corners I am definitely noticing that. I am trying to train the plants so they grow into the open space in the corners so we will see how that goes.

Loving the DTW vert coco though man... Doubt I will hit 1.5gpw this run, but who knows. With the right strain, better cuts, and a better veg 1.5gpw will be achievable.

This round of cuts was weak and I vegged em in a sort of stupid way so I don't expect that great a run. Confident I will hit well over 1gpw though...

D

DaveTheNewbie

awesome to see someone else running 3 x 600w in a column

First started just raping the ladies in week 3 and def noticed much much smaller buds at the final harvest, but still increased weight over not taking fans.

The past year or so I have been waiting until the beginning of week 5 to take fan leaves and have been just raping them with pretty solid success.

and i think you might have solved my problem. I wait until start of week 5 to take leaves too, figured the stretch was over by then. Yields im happy with (22 ounces per 600w light) but the quality / size of the buds is tiny. ive been looking at many causes including pot size and overlighting / heat. Maybe its just cause im taking too much leaf too soon? At least ive got something to try next time.

BldSwtTrs

awesome to see someone else running 3 x 600w in a column

and i think you might have solved my problem. I wait until start of week 5 to take leaves too, figured the stretch was over by then. Yields im happy with (22 ounces per 600w light) but the quality / size of the buds is tiny. ive been looking at many causes including pot size and overlighting / heat. Maybe its just cause im taking too much leaf too soon? At least ive got something to try next time.

Yea I think the key is matching plant numbers to available space so that by the end of stretch the plants fill all open space with almost no overcrowding. That way pulling fans isn't necessary until stretch is over.

I used to have overcrowding issues before stretch was over so that I had to pull fans before which hurt bud size. Quality and weight were always on point though...

Buddler

Veteran
BST,beautiful setup ,really awesome DHF inspired system that u nailed . You live up to your name.. Gonna enjoy this one, Buddler...

D

DHF

That`s my original setup "exactly" except......the shelves/racks were angled as well as the corners spread apart with angled corners covered in reflectix keeping corner plants away from each other to prevent em from growin into each other and choking 1 another out killing yields guaranteed.........anyways.......

Sky`s the limit my buddy.......Handle it.......Waitin fer big things outta this setup once dialed with the right strain monocropped.......and......as already stated above.......

Do NOT rape yo bitches and strip all them fans at once or suffer the consequences........Even though you said yas`ve done it........But I swear.....

Take em gradually over a week or at least several day period and you`ll be a lot happier with final results.......Good luck Bro.....and......

Peace....Freds.....:ying:.......

catalyte

Veteran
thats gotta be the cleanest and simplest (is afaik best) rack settup on here at the moment. :yes: :yes: :yes:

FHC's racks are awesome but aero puts him in a different category. NASA styles...

D

DHF

Just made a post in Papagallo`s thread bout strippin leaves....All should take notice......

BST......Waitin fer dialed results once all ducks are in a row Bro........

Peace....Freds.......:ying:.......

redbudduckfoot

Veteran
Super tight, dialed to the max. I second best vert setup on ICmag nomination, for sure.

These are kinda like the racks I used to run 2 years ago. Mine were 4 levels as well, 2 gallon smart pots, 4-5-4-5 setup on the rack levels, and finally, each level was positioned 2 inches back from the lower level; imagine the steepest stairs ever.

rbdf

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Sick.

I 2nd the opened up/ pulled back picture request!. That'd be sexy.

This is ultimately the direction I'll be taking before too long..scaled back and run reduced wattage in stacks. Juice bills, while only minimal overhead in the grand scheme of things are not good for the stress levels. Not thrilled with the elevated plant numbers, but the yields you guys pump out with these little stacks is incredible.

Keep it cropping fellas..

BldSwtTrs

nice setup

Thanks bro hope it yields well. Will know in about 4-5 weeks!

BST,beautiful setup ,really awesome DHF inspired system that u nailed . You live up to your name.. Gonna enjoy this one, Buddler...

Thanks brother. Figured hes been doing it so long might as well jump on board. If you look at all my old threads I usually steal somebody's main idea and make a few changes to it lol...

BldSwtTrs

very VERY nice!

:lurk:

curious what the racks look like pulled away from the lights...

Thanks bro and... met too lol! Havn't pulled em out flat yet so even I don't know. I will see what I can do...

thats gotta be the cleanest and simplest (is afaik best) rack settup on here at the moment. :yes: :yes: :yes:

FHC's racks are awesome but aero puts him in a different category. NASA styles...

Thanks brother. I am lovin this thing so far. Still a bit pissed about the bad cuts, bad vegging, and the light cycle was fucked up (due to timers) the first 305 days of 12/12. Oh well!

And yea FHC's system is excellent. Have gone through his thread countless times for ideas...

Just made a post in Papagallo`s thread bout strippin leaves....All should take notice......

BST......Waitin fer dialed results once all ducks are in a row Bro........

Peace....Freds.......:ying:.......

Thanks brother. Will be trying the gradual strip tonight. Have literally stripped 1000's of plants bare over the past 2 years with good results, but I 100% notice a 2-4 day stall afterward. Hopefully this will fix that...

Latest posts

Latest posts