What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

8k Perpetual DTW Coco Medical Garden

Whats Up IC!

Been a long while since I last posted a grow. Its been a busy 2 years for us but we have settled into a rhythm now that we like and thought we would share our notes.

Bloom Room is 12 x 17 and has 8 lights. 6 plants per light in 2 gal smart pots. Plants are fed via a drip system DTW. Each 2 light quadrant has its own reservoir. We pull down 2 lights every 2-3 weeks depending on strain and scheduling. This gives us fresh meds regularly and most importantly variety which keeps the clubs calling and us always running out of stock! :biggrin:

Nutes I keep it simple:

2.5 mL Protekt Silicate
2.5 mL Cal/Mag
~5ml Floranova Bloom
750 ppm & pH 5.7 - 6.0 through all stages of growth.

We also just received Jacks Professional Hydro, CalNit, and MOST and will be hopefully switching over fully after a test run. Current fert regimen is cheap but this will be a 1/10th of the cost! hehe

Current Stock Plants:

Sour Bubble
Sour Strawberry Kush
Purple Urkle
Las Vegas Purple Kush
Orange Jilly Bean
Schnazzleberry # 2
Casey Jones
Grand Daddy Purp
Skywalker OG
ECSD

I will post some more pics of the nuts and bolts of the spot when I snap some pics (drip system, ac, etc).

Heres where were as of a couple weeks ago

Casey Jones in the back. SWOG up front. Day 14. First try with the trellis and its working great!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sour Bubble left and Orange Jilly Bean right. This quadrant is split the Sour B are at day 28 here and the Jilly at day 42.

picture.php

Continued to many pics..

Even More!

Even More!

Purple Urkle and LVPK day 64 Harvest. LVPK back and Urkle Front

picture.php

Urkle Close

picture.php

LVPK

picture.php

picture.php

Cool pic of them leaning on each other. You can really see the difference in the purple hues.

picture.php

A bouquet of Urkle for the ladies..

A bouquet of Urkle for the ladies..

picture.php

These were all about 2 weeks ago so I will update with some recent ones and the veg room on the next update.

Peace!

Adrift

Veteran
very very nice! like the perpetual,like the strains! great stuff, would love to see some dry shots of that urkle! i just picked her up and i am excited :joint:

hobb3s93

looking awesome mane, that lvpk looks rediculous!!! i just switched to coco dtw and its a breeze (so far). i have a preety similar screen setup but my question was if the screen sits on the tray or on the floor?

very very nice! like the perpetual,like the strains! great stuff, would love to see some dry shots of that urkle! i just picked her up and i am excited :joint:

Gone with the wind! Funky grape lavender stones! Dried a week and jarred/sweated another and gone! Thats the way i like it! lol :biggrin:

I keep telling myself I am going to finally start putting up some head stash for myself but alas this one has gotten away from me too!

Yields really well. Naturally bushy plants with close internodes and lots of branching. Almost too thick at times and needs thinned out mid veg and around week 3 flower. All around vigorous plant and producer. This is our 3rd run and we finally nailed it this time.

It was a great gift from a fellow ICer, thanks PK I owe ya still! :tiphat:

looking awesome mane, that lvpk looks rediculous!!! i just switched to coco dtw and its a breeze (so far). i have a preety similar screen setup but my question was if the screen sits on the tray or on the floor?

The screen sits on the trays. There are cross supports on the legs that go across the table to provide stability. Then we drill small holes in the tables and attached them with zip ties.

The squares are 4" each. We screwed small screws in the top of the pvc every 4" and then used one continuous piece of string wrapped around each screw to create the shorter lengths across the tables. Once this was done we did the longer lengths by weaving a piece over and under the shorter lengths. This made a really strong net and is working really well. I was not a fan of all the nets you could purchase off the shelf, didn't seem to provide much support.

Looking lovely Burning Tree! Urkle looks like a very solid nug producer.

How often do you water?

Rooted clones get a wet/dry cycle. Veg once a day. Bloom twice a day, once at lights on and once about an hour before lights out. The length of the "on" time is adjusted according to the plants needs. Still playing with it. It really depends on transplant times and how rooted the pot is. It is dynamic to say the least and needs to be adjusted accordingly. Plants respond really well to multiple irrigations a day as long as the pot is sufficiently rooted and does not stay overly saturated.

The key for us has been uniformity in the plants from clone to harvest. This way all the plants that are being fed off of the same reservoir have the same irrigation requirements.

Last edited:

HG23

Nice job and great pictures as well. I'm interested to hear how the Jacks works out for you, are you going it according to the package or try the 3-2-1 ratio with magnesium sulfate?

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Dude Burning Tree everything looks clean as a whislte and dank as hell over here man. Also it looks like the floranova is treating you well in the Coco. I may try a pot or two soon and it is good to know floranova performs well I love that shit and wouldn't want it any other way. 8k perpetual is alot it is good to know you are pumping them out man good for you :) Clone list is looking great to. I look forward to popping back in here and seeing you rip some shit up.

D

DHF

Respect BT........Could you tell us about ambient temps and relative humidity levels , as well as environmental equipment yas got runnin ?........oh.....the timed feed setup as well.......

Glad pullin 2 lights every couple-3 weeks is workin for yas........Any averages on weight per 2 light pull ?........regardless.....

Thanks for your time and the thread.........Welcome and keep up the killer work......

Peace...DHF.....:ying:......

Looking good bt, reeall goood.

Thanks vert! Now if I only had some Rare Dankness beans to rotate through here hmmmm. :drum:

Nice job and great pictures as well. I'm interested to hear how the Jacks works out for you, are you going it according to the package or try the 3-2-1 ratio with magnesium sulfate?
Thanks HG!

Will be starting the Jacks here this week. I have a few ratios that i have jotted down from research but will start with 1 to .67 base/calcinit that d9 has been using. Mixed via meter at 450 ppm Base and 300 ppm calcinit to get 750 ppm. The soluble trace supplement MOST will be added at .05 g per gallon.

Still debating weather to run silica or not. After some reading and research it seems that the additional K may cause some issues and may not be worth the additional benefits that the silica brings.

We also just started using Capulators Root & Foliar tea packs. The root tea is wicked!

If anyone cares to chime in on Jack's I am all ears!

Dude Burning Tree everything looks clean as a whislte and dank as hell over here man. Also it looks like the floranova is treating you well in the Coco. I may try a pot or two soon and it is good to know floranova performs well I love that shit and wouldn't want it any other way. 8k perpetual is alot it is good to know you are pumping them out man good for you :) Clone list is looking great to. I look forward to popping back in here and seeing you rip some shit up.

Thanks PK! Its been a while since I posted and your threads were making me jealous! :p

You put me onto the nova a few years ago and I still feel it is a solid base nutrient. It proves it too me time and time again and across multiple medias soil, soiless, RDWC, Ebb n Flow, and now coco! Ive tried a few others but have always liked the simplicity and results of the nova. Im hoping the Jacks Pro will give me the ability to tweak some things a little more.

8k is great but I haven't even shown you the new space next door hehe... :biggrin:

Yes you know where damn near half that list came from! lol Urkle, Schnazz and SSK, are still my favs next to Sour Bubble. Im having trouble narrowing the list down further put will have to soon. I owe ya one still!

Ran 2 East Coast Sour Bub females I found from your seeds. Structure and vigor were great but they just didn't hit the bar on smell. Still had great feedback from my patients from it and they were mad I didn't keep them lol. I defiantly see potential in there and I only popped 5 so I cant wait to go through the rest of them! Ill keep ya posted..

Respect BT........Could you tell us about ambient temps and relative humidity levels , as well as environmental equipment yas got runnin ?........oh.....the timed feed setup as well.......

Glad pullin 2 lights every couple-3 weeks is workin for yas........Any averages on weight per 2 light pull ?........regardless.....

Thanks for your time and the thread.........Welcome and keep up the killer work......

Peace...DHF.....:ying:......

Hey DHF! Much respect I have followed your posts for a very long time and as you can see I like to be efficient. It rubs off. :biggrin:

This room is not sealed. The exhaust is a 12" Vortex on a scrubber that runs 24/7 and there are 2 x 6" intakes on each side of the room with an inline fan on each. These intakes are connected to a 39,000 btu spot cooler with a thermostat in the room set to 80. Lights are aircooled in sets of 4 with 8" inline fans. 2 x 50 pint dehumidifiers kick on when the lights turn out.

Lights on 78-81 light out 65-68 right now. RH is steady 35-40 during both. During summer the day/night swing was a lot less and I seen less stretch. Going to put a thermostatic speed control on the exhaust to try and bring that back inline.

Not running CO2 due to 4 different bloom stages in the same room. Those pics were 3 Urkle and 3 LVPK under 1k and those yielded 2 flat and its a personal best for us. Urkle was slightly heavier. The room averages 1.5 per 1k with some strains yielding nearly double what others put out. Casey Jones vs. Skywalker OG being a prime example.

Ill snap some pics today to better explain the irrigation and ac system.

Thanks for all the support everyone!

D

DHF

Thanks vert! Now if I only had some Rare Dankness beans to rotate through here hmmmm. :drum:

Thanks HG!

Will be starting the Jacks here this week. I have a few ratios that i have jotted down from research but will start with 1 to .67 base/calcinit that d9 has been using. Mixed via meter at 450 ppm Base and 300 ppm calcinit to get 750 ppm. The soluble trace supplement MOST will be added at .05 g per gallon.

Still debating weather to run silica or not. After some reading and research it seems that the additional K may cause some issues and may not be worth the additional benefits that the silica brings.

We also just started using Capulators Root & Foliar tea packs. The root tea is wicked!

If anyone cares to chime in on Jack's I am all ears!

Thanks PK! Its been a while since I posted and your threads were making me jealous! :p

You put me onto the nova a few years ago and I still feel it is a solid base nutrient. It proves it too me time and time again and across multiple medias soil, soiless, RDWC, Ebb n Flow, and now coco! Ive tried a few others but have always liked the simplicity and results of the nova. Im hoping the Jacks Pro will give me the ability to tweak some things a little more.

8k is great but I haven't even shown you the new space next door hehe... :biggrin:

Yes you know where damn near half that list came from! lol Urkle, Schnazz and SSK, are still my favs next to Sour Bubble. Im having trouble narrowing the list down further put will have to soon. I owe ya one still!

Ran 2 East Coast Sour Bub females I found from your seeds. Structure and vigor were great but they just didn't hit the bar on smell. Still had great feedback from my patients from it and they were mad I didn't keep them lol. I defiantly see potential in there and I only popped 5 so I cant wait to go through the rest of them! Ill keep ya posted..

Hey DHF! Much respect I have followed your posts for a very long time and as you can see I like to be efficient. It rubs off. :biggrin:

This room is not sealed. The exhaust is a 12" Vortex on a scrubber that runs 24/7 and there are 2 x 6" intakes on each side of the room with an inline fan on each. These intakes are connected to a 39,000 btu spot cooler with a thermostat in the room set to 80. Lights are aircooled in sets of 4 with 8" inline fans. 2 x 50 pint dehumidifiers kick on when the lights turn out.

Lights on 78-81 light out 65-68 right now. RH is steady 35-40 during both. During summer the day/night swing was a lot less and I seen less stretch. Going to put a thermostatic speed control on the exhaust to try and bring that back inline.

Not running CO2 due to 4 different bloom stages in the same room. Those pics were 3 Urkle and 3 LVPK under 1k and those yielded 2 flat and its a personal best for us. Urkle was slightly heavier. The room averages 1.5 per 1k with some strains yielding nearly double what others put out. Casey Jones vs. Skywalker OG being a prime example.

Ill snap some pics today to better explain the irrigation and ac system.

Thanks for all the support everyone!
Like what I hear.......but....since it`s all in the same room , the room would do better at 50% constant RH and lights on/off temps within 10 degrees or less.....Just tryin to help and....waitin for big things Bro........

Handle it.....and.....

Peace....DHF.......:ying:.......

Agreed. The temps will be brought inline just have to switch from summer mode to winter mode and throw the speed control therm on the exhaust and intakes. We had the temp swing within a few degrees over the summer and I could defiantly see less inter-nodal stretch first 3 weeks of bloom.

The RH on the other hand is a different story. We have had botryis on our denser strains in the main kolas. I am afraid to take it back over 40% as we have not seen it these past 4 months at this RH. Urkle is the worst and this is the first pull since the addition of the additional dehumidifier. Not a bit anywhere. Ill start bringing it back up bit by bit and see if I see any difference.

What is your reasoning for bringing it up? Bringing VPD to a better number? From my knowledge as Rh goes down and temps go up transpiration increases. As long as I supply the plant with adequate nutrition/light energy in relation to its metabolism increase than this shouldn't cause stress to the plant. I feel my limiting factor here is the amount of CO2 in the air.

Thanks DHF!

D

DHF

Proud ta see someone who`s done their homework on environment BT......Respect.....and......

The reason for increased VPD till end of stretch is to control transpiration and nutrient uptake to prevent excess salts stored inside the plant during lights off swellage mode.......see....

As yas made note of , the lower the RH factor the more the plants sweat/transpire , and as they sweat out excess water vapor , they also keep suckin juice outta the medium to keep the plant`s moisture level/equilibrium constant , and that`s where if they suck more juice than they need , it get`s stored in the plant and builds toxicity that can ultimately cause imbalances and lockouts.......

When the plants are blastin off and stretching before hormone changes after the flip , the elevated humidity levels keep the plants from sweatin /transpiring too much till they`ve finished building roots and foliage/budsites and full swellage mode sets in.......and then......

Lower RH levels are yer friend till end of cycle to prevent grey molds/botyritis and other airborn pathogens from taking hold of the plants...but......

It`s evident in the tip burn on the Urkles and LVPK`s that transpiration and nutrient uptake was increased with the 40% RH across the board in the perpetual setting cuz yas said 750 ppm`s was max feed level , and if it takes that RH level to prevent crop loss then so be it......

Gotta make sacrifices for the good of the whole room since they`re all in 1 room instead of individual flip rooms with their own individual environment so.......all in all......

If 1.5 lbs per light pays the bills and makes yas happy then far be it from me to bitch and tell yas ta change shit up.....especially if the lower RH keeps the airborn nasties from knockin at the door......

Environment`s everything and to be dealt with in one`s each individual setting.....that said......

Respect for doing as well as yas have with 8 lights and 4 separate areas with different ages and Harvey times......

Not many can pull it off and keep shit happenin on the regs.........Happy New Yrs and thanks for the show......Keep up the killer work Bro......

Peace.....DHF.......:ying:........

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts