What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

A Demonic Deluge

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
the first 7 were taken about 12 hours after transplant on Nov 16.

this time i'm growing the "dope", the "chemdawg g13", and the "bubba og", shown in that order, from drgreenthumb seeds. four of each. these are clones from the same donors so each set of 4 is nearly identical.

same light array as the "wicked pulse". 6 magnetic ballast to flips to 12 bulbs on 2' centers.

this run i intend to use the "saturation pulse" technique introduced by Imaginary Friend. the idea is to do a full displacement of the root zone gases with each pulse by totally flooding the root zone. then allowing it to totally drain before firing the pulse again, thereby drawing in a new full volume "breath" of fresh, corrected, gases.

previously i have been using partial pulses of varying volumes and durations experimentally.

because of reservoir size restricting my volume i was not able to deliver a full pulse for about the first 2.5 weeks. i would say that i was doing about a half volume every 45 minutes.

i did not use pea gravel as a top dressing here because i had other plans.

these plants were transplanted at the right time and very little root damage was done.

also, i still had the cool tubes on the lights for about 2 weeks.

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
the next 3 were taken on nov 25, 9 days after transplant. again the dope, chemdawg g13, and the bubba og. that's a 2' stanley level for reference.

no material has been removed from the plants but the laterals have been flattened to the sides, forming a single plane and presenting one face to the light. from this point on they will not be turned.

i had temporary covers over the medium to slow evaporation. i had to use these instead of the final configuration because i had not changed pulse terminal ends yet.

Last edited:

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
The passive demon deluge killer!

The passive demon deluge killer!

:woohoo:First Seat! I knew you were up to something!:woohoo:

I see that since you cut your plant count in half you can use two top feeds, doubling the pulse volume.. clever one you are...

My tubs are not nearly as strong as yours but they are essentially the same shape. I can already tell that they are gonna do much better in the wider container.
I will practice that thing called patience and wait until you are done posting to ask questions.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
2 more shots of the room on nov 25. i have begun increasing my reservoir volume by removing the volume tanks from the room and installing 2 32 gal rubbermaids as surge tanks. they were connected with 2" bulkhead fittings and pvc.

this gives me enough volume to do a full saturation pulse. i consider the whole rig temporary until i can find a single tank to install in an adjacent room giving me a little more floor space in the main grow area.

i have also gotten rid of the tubes at this point.

the next 3 shots were taken dec 9, 23 days after transplant. that's a yardstick for reference. the first 2 are of the same dope plant and the third is a chemdawg g13.

here i have the full tops on and the terminals changed.

the bucket, blanket arrangement is the humidifier. five gal bucket in the middle of an old polyester blanket with a microfiber drip siphon going. i have trouble keeping rh up for about the first 3 weeks. this brought it up from high 30's to high 60's, low seventies.

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
ok, first 3 are from dec 9 again. this single plant is the bubba og and then 2 showing the room.

the last 2 are from today, dec 20. one day short of 5 weeks. they will be flipped tomorrow.

this entire veg was done with a 8-4-8-4 light regime.

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
the back side of the right bank.

the "dope" 48" wide and 54" high. all 4 are identical. i did take the tops off the meristems on the dopes only for clones about 4-5 days ago.

the "chemdawg g13 at five weeks veg also. over 3' wide and 4' high.

the "bubba og". right at 3' wide and 45" high.

all of these plants were grown with minimum material being removed. just large fully expanded fan leaves that were obviously blocking multiple shoots.

there were no stalls or other slowing events. reservoir temps were 80-83f. air temps were 87-77f.

jack's/ calcinit at ec 2 since inception.

the last in this post shows the terminals. they extend through the cover and just flood the chamber every pulse.

it takes 2 minutes to deliver enough to flood completely.

after experimenting with interval i'm using 2 hours. so that's 12 complete floods a day. a very thick root mat is growing right up to the surface.

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
the plants don't appear to be supported but they are. at this point by guy wires tied to these little binder clips. the outer rim diameter of these feed dishes is 22". that gives a pretty good angle for tying about a foot up.

since i already had the plumbing for 24 plants i used it for 12.

the res arrangement.

the back sides of a chemdawg g13 and a dope showing the training. my usual half assed method of growing. this isn't hard to do and doesn't take much time to accomplish.

Last edited:

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
Wider is better.

Wider is better.

The reflectix top will block light allowing roots to grow, prevent algae, and keep the media from drying out quickly...any other genius I haven't seen.

I like the pulse res'...are they leaking at the bulkhead? I just had a leak and some jbweld epoxy putty did the trick for me, theres pics in my thread.
attachment.php

How long of veg did these girls get?

You da man!

I suddenly feel behind.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
The reflectix top will block light allowing roots to grow, prevent algae, and keep the media from drying out quickly...any other genius I haven't seen.

I like the pulse res'...are they leaking at the bulkhead? I just had a leak and some jbweld epoxy putty did the trick for me, theres pics in my thread.
View Image

How long of veg did these girls get?

You da man!

I suddenly feel behind.

the leak is at the threads connecting the bulkheads to the pvc couplers. not at the bulkheads. it's real light on the 2 front connections only. that little white container

under one of them is plumbers putty to seal them just through this grow.

some day i'll change to your plumbing scheme and i can use the bulkheads there.

Last edited:

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
hey, vg, 34 days. and the sour 13 is an even bigger plant than this. we are just starting stretch here.

editing to add that the plant is 16" on nov 16 and 54" now after taking the top off. that's a minimum of 38" in 34 days.

Last edited:

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
the leak is at the threads connecting the bulkheads to the pvc couplers. not at the bulkheads. it real light on the 2 front connections only. that little white container

under one of them is plumbers putty to seal them just through this grow.

some day i'll change to your plumbing scheme and i can use the bulkheads there.

I have a slow inconsistent leak in one of my res' at the uniseal. The uniseal is too close to the bottom of the res which means the seal isn't sitting properly. It comes and goes, nothing major.

Since you have been feeding @ec2 since the get go are you going to; taper it down in the end to "flush" them, or cut back after stretch?

I think the cover is a good idea, I will be implementing that into my grow.

I cant afford the upgrade to saturation pulsing yet. Maybe next year.
How long of a pulse does it take to reach the volume you desire?