What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Infamous Irene Kush...straight outta' the Dirty South!!!

Nspecta

Veteran
attachment.php

Earlier this year...A good friend of mine wanted me to try out this cut he seemed kinda excited about...I said "Ehhh..okay, if I must."...or something to that effect. :smoky: I put one lowly cut outside in one of the worst spots in my garden (only 5-6 hours of direct sun). I really didn't notice it much until early October when it started stinkin' something fierce...that's when I realized it might be something special. I harvested it around Oct. 14th-17th and once it was dry & bagged up I kinda misplaced it until last week...all I can say is "Wow"...this is one cut that lives up to every bit of hype behind it.

Searching around the net...there's very little info on this girl...the best info I found (for the most part) was from this deep south fellow who wrote out the quote below, far better than I ever could.

deepsouth said:
Name: Irene Kush

Grade: A+

Type: Hybrid. Feels like 60/40. Not 100% sure, though, because the exact genetics are kind of a mystery.

Genetics: I saw on on the internet that this one is bred in Atlanta and originated from some Cali OG Kush bag seed and breeders in the ATL tinkered around a bit with the genetics. It is so sour that they may have re-crossed it with even more diesel genetic, I’m not sure. It is said to be held by a small group of breeders in the ATL. It is top notch, brings top dollar, can be really rare, however quite plentiful from time to time.

Price: $400-$500/ounce. Around $550-$600 in the ATL. Yes, top notch smoke is pricey in the South.
Looks: Really dense and frosty nuggets with a lot of mature trichromes. Bright green with a lot of orange hairs. Great bag appeal.

Smell: Fueled up, kushed out, sour funky alpine forest is the best way to describe this special bud. It smells a lot like sour fatlighter freshly chopped from a stump in the forest. More sour than your average OG Kush. Heavy on the diesel.
There is a hint of nutmeg and a lot of spice in there for good measure. The smell reminds me of someone cooking some spiced up gourmet food. Any amount of this bud will reek up anything and everything. The scent will stay on your clothes, in your car and house for days it seems without even firing it up.

Taste: The taste is a lot like the smell. Funky, musty dieseled out sour fuel. There is a definite alpine forest flavor drenched in sour turpentine. Mouthwatering and some of the tastiest kush in the South. This is in no way a sweet bud. Totally on the other end of the spectrum. The taste is mouthwatering and very delicious. Even if you are super baked you want to keep hitting it for the taste.

Buzz Type: With the first puff you feel it straight behind the eyes and in your face. After another pull, the extreme head high sets in engulfing your brain. Your face and cheek bones start to tingle and your mind kicks into overdrive thinking of pleasant thoughts. It gives you a lot of energy and you want to go hiking in the mountains or get outdoors. The buzz begins to creep into your chest and makes its way to your thighs. Before long, the buzz has you tingling all over.
A good body to brain buzz ratio, however the buzz is the most intense in your head. One of the best highs I have ever had. It seems to have a good ratio of sativa and indica. It is just what the doctor ordered for pain, anxiety or pretty much anything that may ail you. Every time I smoke this one I am definitely super high and sitting on cloud nine with not a care in the world or a pain in my body.

Buzz Length: Very long, even with a high tolerance. Usually a good 2 to 3 hours from just a few rips of a bong. Even after a week or two of smoking this one it seems to still get you really baked with little tolerance build-up. Once you feel the buzz and taste the delectable flavor you just want to keep hitting it and you are high from dusk until dawn. I love to smoke on this one camping way out in the mountains.

Overall: It is a super dank, high potency bud that does the trick every time. I would give it an A+++, but I will keep A+ as being the top grade. For the smell, taste, looks, potency and buzz it is hard to find a better bud.
I love the purple kushes, Grandaddy Purple’s and hazes for the most part, but this one is top notch and is more potent than most of my favorite buds. I highly recommend this bud if you ever come across it in the Dirty South. –deepsouth

If anyone else has info or pics of Irene Kush...please, don't be scared, feel free to share. :shooty:

Attachments

• Irene2012.jpg
    Irene2012.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 288
B

BasementGrower

its proly just a bag seed of a kush renamed bro.. a friend of mine has a plant he calls PurpleNurple.. and its sooo purply and crystally and got that og kick smell.. and a hint of purp smell . and come to find out years after he said that he got this strain from a friend that crossed this andthat... the story came clear in the end.. he fuckin pulled it out of a bag of some kush .. and next thing u know hes got a so called CLone Only. amazing shit.. thats never been heard of and the genetics are unknown.

LAMBS-BREAD

Veteran
Thanks to share bro... Looks nice. Alway love to see big plants grown outdoor. Pardon my ignorance but is Private Dealer the breeder of this ?

B

BasementGrower

and by no means am i dissing the strain or u. i just meant.. alot of bag seeds have been grown into amazing strains released as clone only .. lol iunno i just get mad.. ive gotten strains from a few people who pulled this shit.. got a bag of something named it.. then planted a bag seed from the buds. and named it the name of the strain they got it out of not knowing if its hermi or what.. so u get a good plant.. just dont know genetics on it .

SouthernHaze

Man ill try n find some pics of mine . Had a bunch of seeds not many germed . That's a hell of a strain . They hold that shit down pretty tight down there in the A. One of my top five favorites for sure

A

Alone

Sounds delicious and it looks like a beast of a yielder too. I bet the terpene profile is off the hook being grown OD's and all. Nicely done. Hope you kept a cut of her.

Nspecta do u have any dried nug shots i have posted info about irene before but i dont have lots of pics or posts... The taste description is what i find misleading in the nuggetry review
irene is straight petrol fuel no sour that i remember
Irene was around in may to june this past year
Some ppl may pay 600 but dats not a normal thing if they do pay 600 its cuz they in the industry and get taxed cuz folks know they gettin 20 bands a show
Nspecta thanks for starting this thread i been tryna source this cut since 2006 2007
been in da clay my whole life

Irene hits in the eyes makes your face feel like its melting or going to sleep that is one thing I specifically remember smoking Irene... Like you can't hold your eyes open, no matter how hard you try you have to have some type of sunglasses

Nspecta

Veteran
You're full of shit, that's not the Irene, that's the Ernie

I can't fool you Randy. :bigeye:

To everyone else~ I labeled the Irene cut "Ernie" out in the garden so if the fence jumpin' pilferers came and swooped...they wouldn't know...heh heh heh. :smoky:

BasementGrower said:
its proly just a bag seed of a kush renamed bro...

Very True BG...it very well could be, that's the word around the campfire anyway...even so it's a fairly old bagseed at best...nothing wrong with bagseeds anyways, some of the best herb in the world came from a bagseed...most of the OG's, Diesels, & ChemDawgs started as bagseeds...same with the Mexicans, Columbians, & Thai's before them.

chaseaftaracksy said:
Nspecta do u have any dried nug shots i have posted info about irene before but i dont have lots of pics or posts... The taste description is what i find misleading in the nuggetry review
irene is straight petrol fuel no sour that i remember
Irene was around in may to june this past year
Some ppl may pay 600 but dats not a normal thing if they do pay 600 its cuz they in the industry and get taxed cuz folks know they gettin 20 bands a show
Nspecta thanks for starting this thread i been tryna source this cut since 2006 2007
been in da clay my whole life

Hey chase...I can snap some nug shots of her soon...just remember, it's outdoor Irene. I've got my first inside trial with her going right now at about 2 weeks into flower, not much to see yet.

I feel what you're saying too about the taste description...could be different grow techs or just different taste buds too. I'm, personally, terrible at describing smells & tastes...my eyes are my strong suit...however, based on my limited experience with her I'd lean towards your description on the smoke.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Irene Kush...^^^^^...Veg & leaf pics...reposted from the OG thread...for identification purposes & posterity. :canabis:

Thanks to all y'all for checking in as well...I'll dig up some more info & pics on her as I have time...hopefully some other folks in the know will wander through here and post up some juicy tid bits on Irene (RUDEBOI...where is you man?).

Attachments

• Irene-Veg.jpg
    Irene-Veg.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Irene-leaf.jpg
    Irene-leaf.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 221

Grizz

Veteran
got a friend down south that swears she is top shelf, after seeing your pic's i may have to take him up on that cut offer.

S4vvy

Irene is bagseed from some kush shipped from LA to the A. That particular brand of kush was named irene by the natives in the A, so the selection from the bagseed was called Irene as well.

Nowdays everybody in the A just calls any loud kush irene but this is the "original" cut that i was passed from the homies in the A who popped the beans and had the original pounds.

I was given the cut with restrictions, and after asking permission to pass it to two people, I was allowed to pass it as long as the two i passed it to respected the restrictions. I passed it to a local homie, and the little homie up north who asked me if he can pass it to Nspecta. I agreed knowing how tight they are, and knowing igt would respect my wishes.

What he's showing here is the real deal. She's a bad bitch, and when done right, she really does deliver. Respect as usual igt :tiphat: Gonna answer your pm now

grodog

Ah yes. the wonderful Irene.. Quite a special cut! Very unique. Really stands apart from all the OG's making the rounds today. Lost her, but hope to get her back soon...Props to S4V and RUDEBOI. Where ya at GH?? Holla!

Looking great Nspecta! I know you'll do her justice. Lets see them nug shots..

Latest posts

Latest posts