What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How should I make my Kif?

teddynugent

I was wondering what my best bet would be to make hash/kif from a small amount of leaf. I have about a 1/4oz. of resin coated leaf that I've been trimming from my head-stash as I go. I have a home-made kif screen and have just been rubbing the leaf over that. It works, but you have to be careful not to rub the leaf too hard or long, otherwise you end up with a buch of leaf in the kif. But, if you don't rub it that hard, you'll get the good kif(no leaf in it) but there will still be a whole lot of crystals left on the leaf still.

So, I was wondering what my best bet would be to make some good quality kif with as little waste as possible. I do have access to bubble bags but I'm sure you probably need a lot more leaf than just a 1/4oz. I would also like to do it without having to order or buy anything. I was hoping someone knew a way to do it with the kif screen I allready have, or my friends bubble bags or stuff laying around the house. I mean I'll go buy stuff if that's the only way to make some quality kif, but I'd rather not if I don't have to.

I'm open to any ideas.

Thank you for any ideas/help.

-Teddy

C

Chamba

hey Teddynugent

what size mesh are you using now? 90mesh ~ 125mesh works good for single screen kiffing

For yield not quality, it is best to use a coffee or herb grinder to make the grass into little bits, not powdery (about 1 mm size, 1/26th inch) but smaller than you would normally cut it up for rolling spliffs.

move the screen in a gentle side to side motion inside an enclosed area (iow inside a box or bag so the resin doesn't escape), dont rub the cannabis on the screen as this will break up pieces of leaf and make your kif less pure; although, after the first few minutes - stop and set the kif aside and then use a more aggressive shaking for a lower grade kif. shaking is better than rubbing.

This second kif should be sifted ( tapping the screen works good)over the same screen again (after it has been cleaned) and when about 80% has been sieved through - stop and set this kif aside as it will have a higher % of resin heads than the stuff above because trichomes are heavier than leaf and the other crapp . It helps to place the screen frame and cannabis in the fridge for 10 ~ 20 minutes if the humidity is high where you do your sieving.

the best way top get the highest quality kif is to start with resiny bud. If you have the time, carefully, with tweezers or a fine blade remove or tap off each calyx individually over the mesh, after about a handful or two, start sieving - this kif will be very pure!

the next best thing is to grind up manicured bud and screen it

Daego

I would use your buddys bubblebags but you only have a 1/4 oz of frosty trim you wont yield much at all. I suggest buying a kif box off ebay (Got mine for $40)
But for now heres a homeade kif method I used before I got my box. It works quite well for whats involved.
What ya need is a tubberware w/ the lid and pantyhose or legging. Now take off the lid of the tubberware and put your trim in (might through a couple seeds in there to to help knock off trichs) Now take the legging and put the tubberware inside making it as a make shift screen, wrap it around 2 times. Now put the lid back on (might be hard to get on now that the pantyhose). Turn the tubberware upside down and shake for 10 minutes or so, carefully take off then lid (upside down still) there should be a nice layer of blonde kif waiting to be smoked :)

teddynugent

Chamba- I have 110 mesh screen. Your method sounds good to me. I might try it later today. Thanks

Daego- Couldn't I just use the kif screen I have instead of pantyhose? Your method also sounds pretty cool.
I'm not going to buy a kif box, cause like I've said above, I allready have a shitload of screen and I have something similar to a box made allready. It only cost me about $15 to make. That's what a roll of the screen cost and I had the wood allready. I still have enough screen to make about 100 more kif boxes if I wanted to.

Thanks for all the help so far guys. I might just keep saving all the good trim I chop of head stash until I have an oz. or 2 (which should only take a couple more weeks or so) and then use the bubble-bags. I actually just talked to my one friend who has the bags yesterday and he said that I could have all the trim from his next harvest (should be this friday). He usually has a few big garbage bags full of leaf, I'd say at least a couple/few pounds of leaf, maybe more or maybe a little less. I've never weighed it or anything, but I figure that 2 or 3 garbage bags full of leaf has to weigh a pretty damn good amount.
If I used all the leaf in the bubble-bags, how much kif do you think I'd get? Anyone have a guess? The leaf is always real frosty, but there's also all the fan leaves mixed in with the better trim. I don't really care how much I get but if you have an educated guess, please share.

Thanks again everyone,

-Teddy

teddynugent

I just ended up chopping the leaf up nice and fine and running it over my home-made kif screen like I've always done. I got a pretty decent amount from the little bit of leaf I had. I didn't weigh the kif or anything but I'd say it's at least 1/2 gram or so. I have it between a couple books now. It seems to be pressing together nicely. Thanks for the help guys.

-Teddy

Latest posts

Latest posts