What's new

Hash Repair

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
I tried making blender hash for the second time, and was not too successful. The first time was a few years ago and it turned out great, a very light green color and great flavor. This time, not so much.

I think I should have filtered it one more time. It ended up very dark green, obviously too much plant matter in it. But when I scraped it up off the glass pan with a razor blade, I noticed a layer of light green under the dark top layer. You can see it in the picture.

picture.php

That light green layer that settled to the bottom is the good (pure) stuff. Unfortunately, the dark green top layer was too thin to scrape off. I'm left with some not very great tasting, not very pure hash. It's pretty potent, just not pleasant to smoke.

So I was wondering if I could add some water, mix it up a bit, and run it through another filter. Would that work, or would it ruin the hash? If you think it would work, what kind of filter? Is a paper coffee filter too fine? Or how about a wire mesh coffee filter? Would that be too coarse? I don't really want to destroy the hash, but I don't really want to smoke it as is either.

Kushed_

I don't think any amt. of filtering w/water is going to help you. I would wash it w/99% IPA or Everclear. You could make edibles or a tincture with it.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The chlorophyll won't filter out. You might try extracting the oil with a non polar solvent and scrubbing it with brine.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
The chlorophyll won't filter out. You might try extracting the oil with a non polar solvent and scrubbing it with brine.

cannabis alchemy claimed you could remove chlorophyll by disolving hash oil mixed with ethanol at a certain ratio and then poured through norit (pharmaceutical grade charcoal iirc)

could there be any truth to that ?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cannabis alchemy claimed you could remove chlorophyll by disolving hash oil mixed with ethanol at a certain ratio and then poured through norit (pharmaceutical grade charcoal iirc)

could there be any truth to that ?

It removes some of the chlorophyll, but nowhere close to all of it. It also removes active ingredients.