What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

W.B.K: Pre '98 Bubba x Shishkaberry x Mango Haze (Mos Cutty)

Wallabee Kush
Pre '98 Bubba Kush x Shishkaberry x Mango Haze
Hello ICmag crew, got new plants in the veg room and I figured I'd start up a journal for all to see. Really excited about this!
This cross was created by Mos Cutty of The Seekers of Genetic Wisdom, I feel fortunate to be growing this new gear and I hope you all enjoy what you see as they develop. Big ups to my man Mos for making this thread possible.

I put 5 beans into soil, and only had 2 pop due to my own error (likely temps) but got 3 extras to germinate with no trouble. These are vegging under T5 Fluorescent lights and will bloom in my 1k HPS flower tent.

I will flower with Floranova nutes, GO Cal/Mg, Floralicious+, Hygrozyme, Nitrozyme and GO Bio Roots. For now, they're loving the ocean forest for vegetating.

Pheno #1 was an ugly little seedling, definitely showed some of the "blue" mutant traits and is a runt, but its healthy regardless of its strange appearance. My guess is that it's a Shishkaberry dom plant.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#5 This one is a bit shorter than the others, but as you can see, other than pheno 1 they're all pretty uniform looking plants.
picture.php

#3 leaf
picture.php

Top view
picture.php

I like the tight internode spacing on the lot of these, they look to be kushy indica dominant for the most part though the haze in the cross should add some interesting traits to the mix. No idea what kind of stretch to expect, hoping she doesn't skyrocket on me but I'm prepared for whatever happens. Mos, got any ideas?

Anyway, I'll be back to post up another update before Xmas. Then I get to go on a little vacation and these beauties will be under the care of a trusted friend, and they'll be flipped mid January. Thanks for checking out my thread!

-Kaoss

Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great new year!
Back from vacation and Wallabee Kush is in it's first day of 12/12!
Out of 5, 3 ended up showing me female preflowers and the other 2 were obvious males... Unfortunately I had to dispose of the males as I don't have room for them, even though one of them just reeked of mango! Anyway, we'll be seeing some good progress here in the next few weeks, for now here's a shot of the standing females.
#1 (most indica-dom bush of the group, I believe it to be a Shishkaberry pheno.)
picture.php

#4 (Lanky sativa-dom plant, hoping for some haziness in this girl!)
picture.php

#5 (This was the slowest vegger, a little small compared to the others but healthy and still showing promise)
picture.php

Thats it for now. The action will be beginning shortly, stay tuned!

-Kaoss

Day 21 of bloom

Day 21 of bloom

Hey IC, hope everyone is well!
21 days into flower and I'm down to 2 females. Wallabee Kush #4 stretched to above the light and every branch showed male flowers. It had huge rubbery stems and big internode spacing, seemed to be the most haze-influenced plant but unfortunately had to be axed. I should have taken pictures of the beast before getting her/him out of there, but what's done is done. RIP WBK4.

Wallabee Kush #1 - This is my favorite plant of the bunch, had a way different smell than its siblings all through veg and smells like straight bubba right now. I really like the structure of this pheno, very easy to manage and I have no doubts that the stems will support fat flowers. You can see this one has tight internodes and the small buds that are there are already surprisingly dense. While not as frosty as her sister is, she shows a lot of promise. While she started her life slowly, this is the most vigorous rooter in the garden.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wallabee Kush #5 - This girl was the first in the garden to start resin production, and it really shows. She is already quite sticky and super fruity and earthy smelling. She also has the tight internode spacing but isn't nearly as beefy as her sis. Her stems are small but really tough, easy to clone and resilient. When I first flipped her, she was in shock from the intensity of the light but adjusted quickly after moving her aside for a day.
picture.php

picture.php

Thanks again Mos, I'm excited about these gals.
That's all for now, stay tuned!

-Kaoss

Haha, yeah I'm known to do that. I went on an epic road trip with a few friends from college, total mileage was 5,584 miles round trip! I was away for a month and luckily I have a good friend who I could trust to take care of the ladies.
At the end of this past summer my girlfriend bailed on me and it seemed after that, things just kept piling up the following months... Work was more stressful than usual, just couldn't keep my head straight. The vacation helped immensely and I'm back to my normal self. Ready to focus attention on the girls that never let me down!

Thanks for the post, hope all's well your way!

abirdintheair

Buteo Jamaicensis
Veteran
very well, got a few things in the pipeline, mainly using a sour purple kush male to make a bx using a f4 c99, plus testing out a few things for various people. howd that guava finish up for you?

Glad to hear you've been busy. Guava is definitely a favorite, second fastest finisher in the garden! I'll post some pics in a few weeks when my current guava grow is ripening. I had to let it get extra dry and jarred it before my road trip so it wouldn't mold, and it's still very tasty without a proper cure. I still have to sort through the plants I pollinated and get those beans out, really stoked to pop my first crosses!

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
yo kaoss..veri nice green healthy baby...you no im tuned for the show!!!
respect to you and brotha mos cutty, one more badass genetic coming up!!!!!

Day 32 flower

Day 32 flower

KW- Thanks for the kind words man! Really glad to have you following along!

The girls are 32 days in and going strong! really starting to uptake their feedings/waterings quickly, though they are light feeders. A little bit of nutes go a long way with these girls.
Though the differences in the 2 phenos are quite noticeable, the more Shishka/Mango dominant plant has a funk to it that can also be smelled faintly in her Bubba dominant sister. Structurally they are worlds apart and it'll be interesting to compare the final yields when all is said and done.

#1 - As you can see, this one has a really solid indica structure with a high calyx/leaf ratio. The sheer length of the pistils tells me that these are going to fatten up pretty nicely, though I can't imagine them getting big and heavy enough to need any support. Smell is mostly bubba with a slight fruity tangy kick from the Shishka/Mango father.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

#5 - This girl is still on top of the list in my garden for frostiness, and we're still only about halfway through flower! The resin on this girl is incredibly greasy and will make your fingertips slippery for a few seconds before it sticks them together like glue. Really hard to describe the smells this one puts out, though berries, citrus and under-ripe green apples come to mind. Her stems are much skinnier than her sister, but they're very rigid and strong, and it'll be interesting to see how they hold up as these dense little buds start to put on more weight.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Time to pop some beans and get some other things done :woohoo:
Take care friends!

-Kaoss

M

Mos Cutty

Damn Koass looking good in here bro! The Wallabee Kush is becoming one of my favorite lines each grow I see of it just get's better and better, you've got a couple of fine ladies over there fo show.
One of my bros had 9 ladies in a 10 pack and rocked them all, had a couple really strong haze leaners and 4 or 5 bubba leaners with 2 keepers. Trichome production on his Shiske\Haze pheno was similar to what we see of your #4 pheno
Thanks for rocking them out I'm looking forward to the finish, I may have to come for a visit!

^Glad you like the looks of em! Really an interesting strain and all around fun grow so far. Having only tried the Pre '98 and having not grown any of the fathers genes, it's been great to observe. I wish I had more space because choosing which one to keep might prove to be a challenge. Hope alls well man, you can visit any time as long as you don't mind a few feet of drifting snow!

Day 46

Day 46

I've decided to give the containers a good leeching and will be feeding straight de-chlorinated water from here on out. The plan is to take them down in the 60 day range. Really liking the looks and smells of both plants, and it is going to be a treat to actually get to sample the meds and get a feel for which one should be kept around. Hoping for 3 oz per plant, we'll see how they yield as both phenotypes are super dense.

Wallabee Kush #1, Bubba pheno. As you can see, the resin production has really taken off but has yet to catch up to pheno 5. Solid golf ball bubba nugs that only have a little background nose to them, bubba with a slight fruity twang.:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Wallabee Kush #5, Shiska/Mango pheno. Definitely the most vigorous resin producer in the garden to date. Super sticky, reeks of mango, white grape, citrus and hash. Very unique in smell and looks to be a promising yielder as well:
picture.php

picture.php

Harvest time will be here before we know it, and that will be the next update of this show. Thanks for checking me out!

-Kaoss

Thanks gtotoys! Appreciate the compliment.

I'm drooling over these at this point, getting better daily! No doubt Mos is onto something with this line.

M

Mos Cutty

All I can say is wow! Your skillz are showing these girls in the best possible light.....That Bubba leaner is staked the F up my man!

Weather looks like it's gonna turn around I'll be planning a trip up so we will have to link and share some ideas!

Keep up the great works!
Mos

Day 64

Day 64

Mos, I'm really excited to try this cross out. Chopping them both tomorrow! You have some excellent breeding stock and I think this one is an all around winner! Keep me posted on your travels bro!

I figured I'd get a few pics taken of the girls before they get cut down tomorrow, both are showing some great coloration and each has its own unique future bag appeal going on. While I plan to run both again, the #5 will likely be the one that stays around for a while as it's amazingly dense and easily the frostiest thing I've ever grown. (The final smoke test will be a huge factor that could change my mind, but I'm incredibly impressed with the resin production of this Shishka/Haze pheno. The bubba leaner showed me a small nanner the other day that I picked off, but so far both have been very stable.

#1 Bubba Kush pheno:
Even with fat, solid, heavy buds this girl stays upright and well structured. This trait for me is very refreshing, as my staple Strawberry Diesel is a floppy disaster in mid-late flower. The cocoa, nutmeg and faint coffee aromas from the mother were really emerging during the flush, and the father's scents are still present but very tame.
picture.php

picture.php

#5 Shishkaberry/Mango Haze pheno:
Only the smoke in the end will tell for sure, but the sight of this plant speaks for itself... She's not as easily manageable as her sister but she's incredibly dense, frosty and colorful with compact nuggets! She also happens to smell delicious... A mango/apple/grape acidic funk with a slight kushy undertone. Cannot wait to sample.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stay tuned for the smoke report! Thanks!

-Kaoss

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
absolutely amazing view, nice plants and nice job both of you kaoss and mos cutty, cant wait for some smoke report!!