What's new

Kosher Kush - DNA Genetics - Kosher x O.G. Kush - 2010 Indica Cannabis Cup Winner cut

Greetings! It's harvest time!

My friends Don and Aaron of DNA Genetics gave me a cut right off of their Cup winning mama. This is a generation one mama! Kosher Kush (Kosher x O.G. Kush) - 2010 Indica Cannabis Cup Winner.

picture.php

Beginning of week 1
picture.php

This is my first time growing it out... rarely do I add new genetics to my collection as my Headband 707 destroys nearly everything I have run in the past 12 years. But I ran L.A. Confidential for 3 years and always loved the coffee and donuts flavor! So I wanted to give a it a run and post up a grow log. I hear this is a heavy producer for the O.G. world.

picture.php

Just now Vegged up the one cut into a small mama, and have taken my second round of clones off of it. 30 babies under the dome working for roots right now. I took four clones off of the original mama for the current round I have just flipped to flower. If you see any yellow dots that is some powdered sulfur I spray with water. I have a humidity problem in the winter so play it safe, never a bit of powdery mildew comes around!

I was really late getting them transplanted so busy at work so they had a bit of purpling in the stems from stress and leaves were ram-horned. I added HumTea Biological tea from Cutting Edge Solutions and about 5 days after transplant, the fan leaves straightened out and new growth is green and happy! It grows kind of lanky by nature it seems, not as bad as my S.F.V. however.

picture.php

I was really surprised how strong and healthy each of the four clones rooted. So each one is flowering out under two different setups to see how it goes! I will make a bunch of gen-2 Mama's from the current 30 cuts under the dome.

picture.php

I have been told this is a 'Quintessential O.G.' that yields heavy! And more than anything I was so happy to see how easily it rooted. My families S.F.V. O.G. Kush cut is now about 15 years old and the clones I get to root these days are weak. This new Kosher Kush blew out the roots!

Right now they are about 3.5 - 4 feet tall. Week 1 of flower just finished. They stretched about 20% after I flipped 12/12 last week.

Excited to taste! And I hear they can pull 4 oz's per plant easy! SWEET!

More pics to come as these flower out, I will stay up with it. Week 1 starts today.

- Cheddar

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
Smoked some of this cut and it's very nice og not In my top 3 but no slouch at all and the yield is crazy good for a. Og... Congrads on the cut enjoy

havent seen it grow but the buds i tried before were nice.. had a strong og flavor. very lemony.

i almost got the beans but i dont know how often that og pheno pops up. anyone ran a pack? if so is it hard to find a keeper or are they all more or less ogish?

i got so many og's that this one doesnt stack up to i didnt really need it but if it yields like you say then it is a special one.

i wonder what og cut that jew gold originally was? i think i heard it was the sfv or another one. and i wonder if they just reversed the jew cut or hit it with reversed pollen from there wack ass og18?

at least dna finally got a decent og on their lineup.

H

Hoover_lungz

Hey mate, Don and Aron are great guys:) they hooked me up the Original diesel cut in 09 and im still smoking it:)

im tagged for the kosher kush grow

greenops

Nice! I just popped 1 Kosher Kush seed amongst 9 other strains. Will have to eliminate 3 plants come flowering due to space issues. So i'll be watching this one.

G

growcodile

looking forward, im tagged to your show

lets see some dank kush buds soon :D

J

joejusttyped

I smoked some Kosher crosses, they all sucked imo. Lemon SK x Kosher, Chocolope x Kosher were very bland highs, zero OG influence as far as I could tell... And the OG18 x Kosher was decent... That one at least had the smells and high of an OG/OG hybrid.

Chocolope x Kosher smelled amazing though... Like blueberry liqueur and generic weed smells.

Goodluck with the cut Id love to see how it turns out.

Wayzer

Looking forward to seeing some flower pics!
Curious to see if they yield like they say.... Hope its coming along nice

Harvest time!

Harvest time!

Hey guys! Sorry for delay on update photos. Busy in the job and busy in the garden :)

This Kosher Kush is a beauty! I am most impressed by the sheer girth and yield of the plants. I quickly learned that two in the corner under one of my 1000K Hortilux bulb is NOT enough space! I use 2 gallon ebb & flow buckets in rockwool cubes and hydrocorn.

picture.php

I grew this with my favorite nutrient line called Cutting Edge Solutions from Northern California. I have been growing for 13 years and have run almost every nutrient available for multiple grows, along with my friends, and Cutting Edge is the finest hydroponics fertilizer for cannabis. I added Sour-Dee carbo load at the last 3 weeks for an ass-kicking injection of ATP and sour flavor from Granny Smith apples.

picture.php

I really enjoy this strain, the flavor is all it's own. I have been growing the San Fernando Valley O.G. Kush cut for about 5 years, and it still wins in flavor and aroma competition. However this Kosher roots fast and hearty and yields like crazy! The flavor of the O.G. lingers on your tongue after exhale but has an earthy flavor smoke and aroma. I have had some curing for about 4 weeks now and it keeps getting tastier! So I will keep my S.F.V. mama in the background for a while and push out a few more cycles of the Kosher Kush and get her perfected! I just flipped a fresh batch of teens to flower so I'll post up more pics as we move along under more ideal environment.

picture.php

These grew so tall so fast I plan on flowering them earlier so they won't reach 6 feet after starting transition at only 3 feet. These are also very branchy and thin like the O.G. Kush so I did a lot of weaving. I just took another tray of clones so I'll keep the cycle flowing!

Peace!

- Cheddar

Just smoked a bowl and snapped some shots... she's got a little hint of chocolate / Earthyness aroma and flavor added to subtle O.G. Lemon-pine dank.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Stdane

This is the strain that took 1st place in the indica category the last 3 years at the HTCC in Amsterdam.Given that Cheddar, how would you rate it,is it the best indica(mostly apparently)you have smoked??

spaceboy

havent seen it grow but the buds i tried before were nice.. had a strong og flavor. very lemony.

i almost got the beans but i dont know how often that og pheno pops up. anyone ran a pack?

Hey slauson, just ran 4 different phenos. Found one very nice high yielding keeper. Flavor is pretty much spot on for what the OP said. Has the lemony og flavor, but with a softer more earthier flavor in the back. My keeper pheno puts out very very rock hard buds and have another pheno that looks more og, but with a sour fuely taste.

Latest posts

Latest posts