Bud-Boy

Veteran
So I did my first fresh frozen bubble
10 min agitate
drain, strain and reuse water
10 min agitate
drain strain and rinse
looked at the bus, still covered in crystal
re added to the same solution and steel spoon agitated with the hydrolic action for about 30min
drain strain rinse and checked the carnage, still covered

My sig links (40 acres freedom and bubble technique) have pics and more info

I usually do dry trim

Im going to make some pyramid style work bags to create more friction area on the working material

any other suggestions for removing crystal from fresh bud??
IMG_3057.jpg

this is after all the working

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
I'll start by saying I have never made bubblehash, but have been studying techniques done by some of the best in the industry.

I'm going to be doing my first fullmelt runs soon and here are few tips and tricks I've gained. Tell me what ya bubble heads think!

Always use fresh frozen sugar trim/popcorn nugs of strains that are more oily such as the sourd's and og's, no stem or fan leaf and nothing that isn't coated in resin.

Using a microscope to better understand the average trichome head size of the material you are running. This will tell you what bag your best quality will catch in.

Only use RO water/Ice and make your own ice. Average store bought ice is soft and dirty, tap water has to high of ppms. Don't use your average garden hose either to fill the bags these are not regulated to produce safe drinking water, these hoses will leach plasticizers and lead from the metal fixings. Neve use equipment that has been used for other purposes, only use equipment that will be for the strict use of ice water extracts and nothing else. That means don't use your ma's clothes washer to make hash it will taste like ass.

Keep everything as cold as possible and agitate lightly when processing the work bag. After the work bag is removed use a pump n spray bottle with RO water and ice in it to move the goodies to the center of the bag and help push any green matter/undersirables threw the screen. Leaving the wonderfull melty goodness.

Once the quality bag has been collected and dried in a clump for 24 hours it will then be grinded to a fine consistency using a microplane, this will allow it to evenly dry and cure.(the same for the other bags as well)

After its been allowed to dry in room with a low humidity and cool temp for a few days in this granulated form. and melts instead of boils, its ready to cure or smoke.

Time of cure is what ever you prefer..

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Maybe place a bit more ice inside your work bag to really make the resin heads brittle so they easily break off with little agitation. You may also want to look at it under scope to see if what your looking at is just trichome stalks.

Fresh frozen. The main goal of fresh frozen(I think) is for resin HEADS to break easier off the stalks, what I see in that picture are STALKS that have not separated from your material.

Fresh frozen has a smaller yield and higher quality for the most part, some crazy agitation may not be able to get those trichrome stalks off. Next time try a cure before running your material, but realize that the cure allows the flowers to become more brittle making agitation your worse nightmare.

Bud-Boy

Veteran
midwestHIGHS & Juicepuddle, I think you have it there. Thinkin back, i do think it was just stalk.
good points in separating when n why to fresh or dry ice sieve