Welcome to the Next Chapter of my Organic Perpetual Journal.
I decided to finally end the Re-Invention Thread I had going because I felt that I have finally found my home with organic soil mixes and I want a place to journal the important events from the start of my first complete soil mix without using a bagged soil.
I’m waiting for a few last ingredients to arrive by mail today, but I’ll list everything that will be going into my soil mix. I will leave out the actual amounts until the day that I amend and see how it all goes.
Recipe thanks to Gascanastan and his amazing thread.
I'm learning so much lately over here -- >> https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=241964
1. Sphagnum Peat Moss - $24 for two 3.5 Cubic Foot Bails
2. Large Bag of Vermiworm Fresh California Red Wiggler Worm Castings- $29
3. Live Worms and EWC with Compost in a 5 gallon bucket from the local worm guy $50
4. Fresh top soil from a friends organic garden just full of good stuff. Free
5. Local 1.5 year old compost from mainly leaves, grass and sticks. Free
6. Big Bag of Coco- Croutons $10.00
7. Big Bag of Vermiculite - $10.00
8. Ancient Forest – Had this around my house
NOT USING THIS. DECIDED ON LOCAL FOREST DUFF
9. Powdered Bentonite - $10
10. Ground Oyster Shell - $10
11. Ground Gypsum - $15
12. Crab Shell Meal - $30 25lbs
13. Kelp Meal - $10
14. N Bat Guano – Had this already
15. Fish Bone Meal - $10
16. Sul-Po-Mag - $12
17. Neem Seed Meal - $25
18. Alfalfa Meal - $12
19. Bag of Cowboy Charcoal - $15
20. Bag of “HydroLite” Zeolite Silica type Material Similar to Perlite for Aeration. $30
I’ll be mixing a fresh AACT with some EM-1 to inoculate the soil and help it compost for 1 month before I start using it.
I’m just learning about the EM-1 and Effective Microorganisms, it has me excited.
Once the soil is mixed and composted I’ll be filling up my 10 Gallon Dirt Bags and Running them all out.
For water, I have a personal water filter machine that is very effective. .05 Micron and I’ll be filling up a 30 Gallon Reservoir and Running BluMats for Flower and Hand Water for Veg.
T5 Lights in a 4x4 Veg Room
3 x 600W PlantMax with Phantom Digital ballast for the Flower room. Air Cooled Hoods. 4x8 Tent
Throughout the Grow I’ll be using Silica and Aloe Vera Juice for Foliar.
I’ll most likely brew a tea up for the Transition to flower.
I’m learning much right now and would sincerely appreciate any input or questions that you have as I hope that this is my best run yet.
I’ll update my Strain selection once the soil is ready and I choose my first Ladies for the Batch.
EDIT: I'm also running a version of Coots soil mix.
1 Part Sphagnum Peat Moss
1 Part Compost
1 Part Lava Rock
1 cup per Cubic Foot of the following:
Added about 1 cup per Cubic Foot of Oyster shell and 3 cups per of Gypsum.
After that I filled up 10 gallon container and left 4 inches or so to top dress with Earth worm castings and still have room for watering.
I like Cootz Mix, and will continue to use both and eventually mix them together.