What's new

aces thais cannabinoids

M

Mr Weedy

hey i have some double thai plus golden tiger plus purple haze thai and if been wondering about the cannabinoid profiles of these thais.

have you guys ever tested your thai strains or parents? just wondering do thai/meao thai/ko chang contain thcv? cbd levels? are they high thc strains, medium? low?.

trying to figure out what makes a good thai good.

cheers

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
High THC...Thais have a high THC. Not to say there isn't CBD and CBN in the plants...just not as prominent as the THC. THC should be somewhere in the 20%-25% range, the CBD should be around the 1% range and the CBN around the 1% as well. These are rough numbers off the top of my head. There can be a big variance depending on variety and the grower...which takes me to:

The profile is going to be different for each plant and each grower. The tests most seed companies and collectives do are on the best of the best batches from their best growers. Most people think that all the plants will be those numbers when in reality it's what that one batch tested at. It's not a true measurement because every batch is going to be different. :joint:

S

sativagrower87

CalcioErba2004, i think 1% of CBD/CBN is pretty high amount for a pure sativa especially like a thai. Also we have to take into account various terpenes in combination with different cannabinoids... :)

P

Peacer

in my opinion original very good thai from good patient grower - 22+% thc, +- 0,5 cbd/cbn, thcv :tiphat: but the cannabionoids profile at all and the ratio of them is one of the most important things

The Hatter

Veteran
From what I can remember from other threads asking about the cannabinoid profiles, Ace doesn't actively test its strains. The only time I have heard of an Ace strain being tested was the Malawi and that was at a Spannibis Cup (Sorry if I spelled it incorrectly.) It's been said that Malawi is basically a cannabinoid bomb testing high in just about every cannabinoid they test for. I seem to remember hearing it was the most powerful strain tested there that year but I'm just repeating second hand information so I could be wrong.

Perhaps somebody who was there could help clear things up.

I too am curious what gives each strain it's unique properties and the conclusion I have come to is that there is more to a strain than its THC, THCV, CBD and CNB ratios. I think that some of the other cannabinoids or terpenes in these plants that have not been studied by science almost certainly play a roll also.

I've read from several sources that southeast Asian varieties tend to have THCV in them along with the African genetics but again this is second hand information. I think there needs to be a lot more research done in this area.

CalcioErba2004

CalErba
Veteran
CalcioErba2004, i think 1% of CBD/CBN is pretty high amount for a pure sativa especially like a thai. Also we have to take into account various terpenes in combination with different cannabinoids... :)

These were just numbers off the top of my head. I have rarely seen 1% or over but it's possible. :)

M

Mr Weedy

thanks i wonder about the thcv. i read an old paper, i have no idea where it is but it was by the japs and they were checking out thai weed back 71,72,73 or so and there was half a dozen thai varieties even then. cbd, no cbd, varying thc and something they called thcva in some of them what i gathered about what they called thcva is it was almost identical to what they new as thcv but not exactly the same.

i think they had some thin layer chromatography pic of a few strains n there different cannabinoid blotches on it for a few local types.

hmm now i wanna see that page again.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
hey i have some double thai plus golden tiger plus purple haze thai and if been wondering about the cannabinoid profiles of these thais.

have you guys ever tested your thai strains or parents? just wondering do thai/meao thai/ko chang contain thcv? cbd levels? are they high thc strains, medium? low?.

trying to figure out what makes a good thai good.

cheers

Hello Mr Weedy,

Most of the seed companies use the thc rates on the seed descriptions as a commercial reclaim, the test may represent the cannabinoid levels of a concrete clone grown in concrete conditions but doesnt represent the cannabinoid profile of a whole seedline. Calculate the cannabinoid ratio of seedline means to make the average ratio of lot different plants, or make the seedline so stable or true breeding for the cannabinoid ratio that the variation between plants is statistically not very significant.

To answer your qeustion, we did analysis of our parental plants around 2007, the hazes and thais have a high THC/low CBD ratio, the malawi is true cannabinoid bomb, the analysis reported huge quanties of TCH, CBD and THCV. The african sativas also have good amounts of THCV.