What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mazar I Sharif Pure Afghan Landrace?

I

ItsTopShelf

ok so i recieved a clone of a afghan male.. a little over 3 months ago.. the guy i got it from said that it was Mazar I Sharif a pure afghan landrace .. he selected the male out of 50 plants. 23 males.. he saved 3 males.. after breeding with them he found number 5 to be the best after testin the offspring..

i just hit a bunch of clones with this about 3 weeks ago.. maybe 4 weeks now..

and after doin research.. im finding that there are tons of people selling the seeds.. i just was wondering.. are these afghan landraces worth making crosses with ? or are they crap. the thing is .. i love smoking afghani .. love the tastes and smells.. just hoping i got a good male..

anyone know of any good afghan landrace seeds to buy and from wat breeder would they be the best ?

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew out some MIS. They hermied and were a terrible high for me, made me jumpy.

I like Afghani pot so the seeds were bunk imo. I love Maple Leaf Indica which is a pure Afghan.

guy fawkes

Veteran
tashkenti from cannabiogen could be worth a try or deep chunk from tom hill

if fems are your thing pieces genetics have so cal mater kush s1 which i believe is a pure afghan indica and cali conn have la affie

guy fawkes

Veteran
I grew out some MIS. They hermied and were a terrible high for me, made me jumpy.

I like Afghani pot so the seeds were bunk imo. I love Maple Leaf Indica which is a pure Afghan.

have you grown out mapleleaf from any of sensi's recant stock mate, just ive heard bad things and fancy this strain myself

to op ,sorry for hijack:tiphat:

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
RE: Mazar I Sharif Pure Afghan Landrace?

I was just researching this one the other day.

Seedsman had a Mazar I Sharif, but then decided to hybridize it with their Skunk 1
You might still be able to find the original.

GN had a Mazar I Sharif; not sure if this is still available; had bad reviews

ACE currently offers a Mazar I Sharif

R.Fortune

idiit

Veteran
and after doin research.. im finding that there are tons of people selling the seeds.. i just was wondering.. are these afghan landraces worth making crosses with ? or are they crap. the thing is .. i love smoking afghani .. love the tastes and smells.. just hoping i got a good male..

to me mis is an afghanica. i believe afghanica deserves its own classification apart from indicas.

mis ( rsc ) is dog butt ugly. the ugliness translated into the few hybrids i tried with her including smcg/mis.

mis is extremely hardy. i mean extremely hardy.

i like the hashy taste and smell. good narcotic potency. it can get pretty big outdoors with decent yields. indoors mis can take up valuable square footage for way too long to finish.

i've played with rsc mis a few times and i'm moving on to other landrace or outdoor ibl's strains for narcotic effects including malawi ( ace), heri dom hybrids, possibly angola red (lmn), and a few others yet to be checked out.

paulo73

Convicted for turning dreams into reality
Veteran
I´ve been growing MIS for a few years now.
Without a doubt a all time favorite smoke when comes to Indicas.
I´ve started with RSC seeds and after selection i´ve found my Katia. Like a hashy fruit salad with a knockout effect. Essential for my back pain.
If curious check one of my threads about it.
I also grew a few other different MIS coming from the States. The mate that send me those told me that this one were not landraces but a MIS worked indoors before being released.
This last ones were faster, with a bigger resistance to budrot but less tasty and potent when compared with my Katia.
I´m in the process of moving to a different part of the world and MIS seeds are going to be one of the building blocks of any breeding projects of mine.

Andyo

Veteran

I had pure mazer i sharif in 1987 i wonder at the so called purity today.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I grew some of the MIS freebies from like 4 years ago... I only popped 2 seeds and flowered one plant... it was real frosty, smelled sweet and sour like a 7-11 Slurpee, but didn't produce much of a high at all... I assume that it was high in CBD, I actually wish I had cloned her

idiit

Veteran
indoors my mis was much prettier than my outdoor runs. for personal smoke she's fine if you can find a pheno that finishes in a reasonable amount of time.

there is some speculation that sensi's afghani #1 had mis in its parentage. afghani #1 was one of those strains i dearly wish i had preserved.

the problem with unworked landrace lines is that usually large numbers need to be run to find special phenos and do proper breeding.

I

ItsTopShelf

thanks for everything guys.. basicly trying to start making some nice crosses .. once done i will be donating packs to the server fund.. but mainly.. once they are done.. id like to have testers .. we shall see... the thing is .. alot of the strains i have ive worked from seed.. ive got about 5 of so.. strains from other growers.. and so far.. all his shit sucks.. period.. he lies about genetics.. saying he had all these amazing elite clones but really he found seeds in bags of weed called the name.. grew the seed and told everyone it was the real deal.. !!! fucking asshole.. im so done with people right now that mi making my own seeds and im going to accomplish a team of people to help me breed genetics .. and i want the people to be into this plant like i am. not in it for the money at all.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
have you grown out mapleleaf from any of sensi's recant stock mate, just ive heard bad things and fancy this strain myself

to op ,sorry for hijack:tiphat:

Yes I got the seeds about a year ago and made f2's which are stable and give the same high.

I am also growing Seedsman Afghani #1, see how that goes. Supposed to be pure from Sam the Skunkman.

B

BasementGrower

i also got some seeds from a friend who said there crosses of an afghani male from mazar i shariff? .. anyways.. i just germed them today so ill be posting pictures..

Itstopshelf.. can u post some pics? or something id love to see what they are looking like to see if they are similar.?

caligula

DNA's Pure Afghan was sourced from the same source I got mine from - they are VERY good and VERY potent - great start but there are herm tendencies like any unworked landrace. cheers.