What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bubblehash troubles

Hi all,
I have a 3 bag set and this is the second time I have used it. I ran 6 bags of trim and leaves this time.

I follow the instructions on bubblemans site, and after I scrape the trichs off the screens and dry them they hold there form a little bit but are not malleable enough to be rolled into gooey balls. In fact after a few days of being carried around and getting really dry I end up with a fine powder, you can already see all the cracks in the one ball.

And when I do smoke a peice of what I have in the pictures it burns to a pure white ash, not bubbles.

What do you think my problem is?

igohydro

Practice makes perfect.I have a 20gal 7bag set and it took me a couple off runs before I got used to it.Make sure there is ice in your mixture at all times.Keep your grades separate.Are you using water from fridge?Did you freeze it?
Looks to me like there is other matter there,maybe you are agitating it to violently.Squirt water onyour screens to move the trics to the center then give it a good squeeze to release the green water.
What micron are they?

igohydro

Just done another run,didnt wiegh the trim maybe 2os and got a gram and a half off fullmelt.Used a kitchen mixer on low for 30mins.Looking forward to another run 2morrow.Just smoked a J of it could be arsed doing it now!
WOW! :joint:

G

I first had the 3 bag set,but now have 4 because i ordered another bag to add on(the 45 bag) and at first it was hit or miss on the FMCD.The first bag from just the 3 bag set yer not realy gonna pull melty from that, thats usualy the garbage catcher(but stil stones ya,lol.)but i have gotten some nice stuff from it a couple times, it depends though.It looks like you might have beat the trim too much and pulverized it so more matter got through the bags and the more matter the harder to stick together and form a ball.And when you use fan leaf,its hard to get FM ,if you use fresh frozen trim(the close sugar leaves and no stalks) and hand mix it with a ton of ice,youre second bag should be pretty bubbly.With just the 3 bag set its way harder to get the good good stuff depending on how good a product you start with.Add bags every once in awhile when you can(im poor so i had to do the lay away plan,lol.) to get to all 7 eventualy.Im waitin on a 160 bag right now as recommended by BM as the next best one to add would be,then ill be up to a 5 bag set.Peace and stay safe all,FMD

Bigmone357

Don't be discouraged look what I pulled with the 7bag kit. I suggest you go buy all 7bags, Beat less first run, go back for trichs a second time with the blender :D if need be & use a ton of ice :wink: .Practice & alot of frosty trim&buds to dispose of help also .G'Luck :wave: peace BM357 :joint:

Oh, I was under the impression it was good to mix the crap out of it. I was using a kitchen mixer on high the whole 15 minutes, is that a problem?

Thanks for all the replies!!

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
I use a kitchen mixer on high for 15min for the 5 gallon bags and the 20 gallon bags. And I often get fmcd depending on the trim I use.
If you are using the 1gallon bags, 15 min on high would be excessive.

I also move the mixer around for the whole 15 min. ie. not strapping the mixer down in one place.

MORE ice the merrier, (as long as mixer can still move)

15 min mixing on high with 5gallon bag(7bags) with some L.U.I. sugar leaves and presto.

:yoinks:

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
i mix my 7 bag on high for 30 minutes....i pull the first bag out that keeps all the material...then i don't take the hash from the first 2 bags because it's way to green. after i'm all done i re-run it all a second time and get just as much.

if i were you i'd only keep the hash from the last bag in a 3 bag kit....but keep re-running it.

did i mix mine too long on to high of power? i've only done it 3 times and never got any as nice lookin as some of them pics....i use small buds and trim off the buds.

peace

Last edited:

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
the guru's tip......

the guru's tip......

time2unite I would recommend only doing 15 minutes on high. and definatly re-running the mixer after the 1st pull is well worth it, sometimes even a 3rd run.

I use the material from the 1st 2 bags (190µ and 160µ) for cooking/baking.

Bigmone--- in your pic of your work bag, I think there should be much more ice. :wink:

As a general tip try to be pickier as to what quality of leaves you use.
Personally, If the leaf has a visible stem, I dont use them for bubblemaking. I think they have more of the headless bent trichomes, which often the top half brakes off and they sink through the mesh into your hopefully pure heads collection. Thus distancing the goal of FMCD.

Keep it clean and may the dome be yours.

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
damn...nice pics bro...do you have any threads u can lead me to so i can read up on some of your work? i need some hashish that looks like yours.

peace

Bigmone357

trichomefarmer said:
Bigmone--- in your pic of your work bag, I think there should be much more ice. :wink:
trichomefarmer said:
That's 1 of the many runs i've done. I've done 15 runs in the last 2 weeks that's just a few pics of the many.I use plenty ice & set my water out to pre-chill overnight in 10-20 deg farenheit temps.I make sure there's always a layer of ice under the weed so my waters plenty cold :joint: all my hash is FMCD. I don't need any help thanks anyways bro :wink: I must be doin' somethin right :D even my 3rd run beaten on 30 minutes with the blender melts & bubbles I got some sour bubble marbles would you like to play a game :friends:

3rd run no green ok that's enough postin' for now I gotta go try to get another hash run in b4 the day ends I try to do at least 1 hash run a day. :rasta:

Last edited:
Thanks again guys!

My hash definitely has way to much green in it, which must mean most of my trichs are either getting through my 3 bag kit or my leaves and trim were to crappy to produce much, yet a lot of plant material must have still been caught in the third bag for the 'hash' i got to be so green.

My kit is the 3 bag kit that weedcity.com sells for around 60 bucks I think. Do you all think I should scrap these three bags and just order bubblemans bags or are there any other bags you prefer.

Last edited: