What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

CALL FOR ENTRIES: Yogurt Cup Clone Growoff & Puffout - just for fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CALL FOR ENTRIES: Yogurt Cup Clone Growoff - just for fun!

Sup IC Fam! Here you can enter a fun little activity which is similar to the party cup contest, but somewhat more challenging and with a narrower ruleset.

Entries are due 1 week from today (the deadline is Nov 3 at 11:59 PM GMT) and must be posted (with pic) in this thread before I announce that we are no longer accepting entries.

No prize... this is just for fun.

imgres
imgres
yogurts+smallcmt.jpg

You will need:

1) a 6 oz. yogurt container of any shape or brand. No substitutions, please. Keep the original label on there.

2) A cutting or rooted clone of any Cannabis female. Please specify strain/hybrid/breeder lineage in as much detail as possible.

Those are the only requirements.

Rules: At the time you post your entry (within 1 week of this announcement) you must post at least 1 photo of your entry in its container with the label showing and also a ruler showing that the cut or clone is no taller than 6 inches from the top of the medium.

Roots must be contained within the container. Bottom feeding is allowed, but if roots grow out the bottom of the container they must be trimmed and not be visible outside the container.

Your entered cut may be rooted or not at the time of entry. If it is not rooted, then it must root in the yogurt cup itself using either soil or soilless medium. If your entry has already been rooted, that's fine but it must be transplanted so the roots fit entirely inside the yogurt cup and may require root trimming.

We will take and post weekly pics of our entries. We will all keep a good, fun spirit.

All plants must be harvested no later than 12 weeks after the entry Deadline....so Jan 28th is the last day you may harvest. Harvested bud will cure until Valentine's Day (Feb. 14) and then we will all have a group puffout!

ONCE AGAIN: Entries are due 1 week from today (the deadline is Nov 3 at 11:59 PM GMT)

Here is my entry.

Strain: Mr Nice "Black Widow" (rooted clone)

I will put this in my flowering tent tonight so today is Day 0 of 12/12.

200r7ux.jpg

j7ruqo.jpg

unspoken

I'll probably play along. I'd have to root a clone though...not sure I could do that within 7 days from today. 2 days to get my rw soaked (can't do it until tomorrow) then a week- 2 weeks for it to root.

I'll probably play along. I'd have to root a clone though...not sure I could do that within 7 days from today. 2 days to get my rw soaked (can't do it until tomorrow) then a week- 2 weeks for it to root.

It isn't required to root within 7 days. As long as the process is started before the deadline...Nov 3 at 11:59 GMT. You can root the clone right in the yogurt cup. Hope to have you on board!

gingerale

Veteran
This sounds like a fun challenge. I will get a Bubblegum cut rooted and post it up before the deadline.

This sounds like a fun challenge. I will get a Bubblegum cut rooted and post it up before the deadline.

Excellent! Once again folks, FYI... as a reminder... It is not required that rooting has been completed before the Nov 3 deadline, but the cutting must be planted in the container and photographed inside it & posted before the deadline.

unspoken

Sounds good. I'll get a Querkle x Chemdog Sour Diesel rooted and get a pic up before the deadline. Time to go eat some yogurt :smoke:

Very good, that's 3 of us so far. We're off to a good start.

Anyone may participate. Hope to see a diverse array of strains and growing environments represented in this exercise. The point of the exercise is to share experiences and learn from each other, not to compete with each other over yields. Obviously the areas of micro-growing and clone propagation are 2 skills that can be fined-tuned if you participate in this exercise with a dynamic and open mind. First and foremost, aim to have your clone begin and complete its flowering cycle entirely inside the yogurt cup. The goal is a healthy plant - yield is not important... but obviously you'll want to produce at least enough smoke-able bud to participate in our Anti-Valentine's Day Puffout on Feb 14, 2013.

Nov 3 11:59 PM GMT is the deadline to enter.

Hamburglar

I'll try and take part. I have a few rooted clones to choose from. I'll either pick G13 Labs Pineapple Express or Cali Con. Blue Dream Haze.

I'll select my clone and post a picture tomorrow.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Why Not ???? :biggrin:
I've got a couple rooted clones here . just have to get a yogurt cup & put some holes in it .

I'll be back in a couple days with a pic or 2 :tiphat:

Hamburglar

Cali Connection: Blue Dream Haze.

Roots just poking out of the jiffy puck. Placed into recycled soil. Didn't have a yoghurt pot (don't buy any) but cut down a caesar salad dressing bottle to the size of a yoghurt pot.
Put into my 110w PL-L cabinet. Should be interesting as BDH is a tasty looking bitch when in flower :)

ovx55.jpg

q0Pu8.jpg

unspoken

Hamburglar, you cheater. These are strict rules and serious business :joint: I kid, I kid, looking good man, this is going to be a fun one to follow :biggrin:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i may be able to make it in on this one.... maybe enter a flo & a 707 headband....

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm in this bitch... I'll be taking a cut of hogsbreath and crushing a cup of strawberry banana tonight

joe guy

Oh hell yeha im in, can i do more than one? Or am i regulated to one entry? Gona get the wife to knock out one of her cups right now... The reason i ask about multi is i kinda wana see what the shape of the cup will play a . Think i said that right...shes got tall skinny ones and short fat ones and i even think there is a square one too lol.. But count my DHN cherry pie and I in like flynn...

Status
Not open for further replies.