What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

smell proof bags?

C

Capital G

What are my options for Eliminating smell from my packs? I've been searching the site for solutions to what is becoming a big problem at the moment...smell. Was looking at the large size opsak and smelly proof bags, but I'm unsure and would like to get the besf product out there. I haven't see anything about the quality and effectiveness of some of the products out there that claim to eliminate odor from dried flowers...any help incite would be appreciated. :tiphat:

joe guy

Turkey bags doubled up or jars bro.. Useda have my buddy shoot thru with back pack or duffle bag filled with super stinky og.. I mean like a gram on the table funked the entire house up, but those turkey bags worked wonders nota smell till he untied them, then waaa bamm funky roses

C

Capital G

Jars is not an option in this application tho bro....hmmm I've been reading about turkey bag use....do you think i can go a week in turkey bags and have zero smell?

joe guy

Yeh should be good if anything tripple bag it after few days if u notice any new smell comming out... And there pretty cheap for a box at wally world.. Just standard size turkey bag works wonders.. And iv seen the smell proof bag in the my magazine but dont have any experience useing them...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yeah those bags you seal with a hot iron are pretty damn good. you can reseal them again with the iron after taking some out. you have to google smelly proof bags. another consideration is cheap tupperware type containers.

mowood3479

Veteran
buy a 75 $ vacuum sealer from walmart.. problem solved. triple wrap that thing and it wont ever smell... if u have large bags of herb n u cant bring ur self to spend the 75$, then idk what to tell ya.
also, make sure you dont vacuum out too much air, itll crush the buds somewhat... go easy with it.. its not so much the vacuuming but the seal..

username474

I may go overboard but ...

Double turkey bag then into a home made carbon filter bag buyactivatedcharcoal.com/activated_carbon_fiber_cloth
Then wrap in ceran wrap which I rub with wintergreen rubbing alcohol on exterior. Then every thing goes into a dry bag which also gets rubbed down with alcohol.

I have been to prison before, once is enough.

Vacuum sealer is the best way to go. Easiest way to load them is put your product in a turkey bag, don't tie the turkey bag though. Roll it up like a joint and slide it into the foodsaver bag, vac and seal. End of smell. Keeps the humidity in too. Then when you want it, just open the vac bag and slide out the turkey bag.

C

Capital G

Ok good looking peeps....vac sealer it is...i just didn't know if they really worked. Much appreciated!!!!

A

ak-51

Vacuum sealer for serious applications.

If I'm just driving with a zip or something I'll just use Smelly Proof bags.

A

Alfred

OPSAK are truly smell proof.

If you were trying to be super diligent, use a vacuum sealer and then put the vacuum sealed bags inside the OPSAK. :biglaugh:

C

Capital G

Ended up going with the smelly proof bags....they are sweet! Anybody ever mail them?

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
use the True Liberty bags.. I saw them at a trade show, and they're legit. Had coffee beans in a bag with no smell, and they blew one up and sat on it without it bursting.

Latest posts

Latest posts