What's new

2k watt 12 bucket (10gal) Aeroponic!~KUSH~

I've posted a few grows on here before, small stuff that didn't get the most love, but i'm sure you guys will enjoy this one. This is a home made idea that is a hybrid of a few different pre-fab systems you can buy, but i wasn't trying to drop $1000 for a hydro system. pretty simple idea feed the buckets manifold at the bottom of the buckets 4x PVC risers. only one hole poked in each one for the veg side, the flower has 3 in each. The bottom of the buckets have a hole in them for the water to drain out, there is a gutter sitting right beneath them that brings that all back to the rez~

for now i am monoculturing a BUbbA kush from WA state. good strain, heavy yielder

lighting veg i am using 4 foot 4 bulb T5HO arrays (not pictured)
flowering 2x 1000W HPS in 6" air cooled hoods.

nutrients i am using Ionic grow, bloom, and boost. Botanicare amino treatment. Orca and myco madness. CalMag. AZOS. B+. i think thats it :p

usda101

Nice setup , you dont use any sprinkler nozzles ...just a hole in the pvc ? What do you use to make your hole in pvc ? I just made the jump to Aero and thinking about setting up some tote systems .

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

Been waiting to see some aero grown larger plants, always single cola sog style ive seen mostly.... keep us updated, if the split top pvc lines work im all for it, you should do a couple emmiter top'd lines to see in comparison... Az

I used a dremmel tool with a 1/16th inch drill bit. to drill a hole right beneath the end cap on the riser. i did this instead of sprinklers because it is less work not having to worry about the tubs being water sealed around the lid. i get enough coverage this way anyhow.

ditto on the larger aero grows. everyone seems to be going with bio-buckets, but dealing with 10 gallons of water at a time instead of 100 seemed more appealing. I will prob try some emitters in the flowering room. this is the first go with this system, so still figuring out the kinks.

also, forgot to mention to ignore the date image on the camera. stupid thing is apparently set in the past... will update every few days, and i'll change that stupid image date on the pics :p

Ursus

im interested in this! as well as a little worried as you should! If you're not using a cooler I might insulate those buckets man! and the most important advice I can say is with all those fertz you're using. KEEP YOUR PPM lower then you would normally. theres more oxygen to the roots in LPA (low pressure aero) so there is less need for greater amounts of nutrient.

Haven't ran into temperature issues yet. I have a feeling that for winter i'm not going to have any real issues with heat. we'll see how it goes when swap into flowering :p
Thanks for the advice on nutes, i've been keeping them pretty low already, i'll make sure to have that be norm. new pics tomorrow~

~!edit!~ TOTALLY HAD HEAT ISSUES. READ ON TO SEE WHAT HAPPENED AND HOW I COMBATED THE HEAT ISSUES SUCCESSFULLY~!

Last edited:
a quick update. Got a few pics of the new roots coming out of the net pots, and some new branching. So we are updating the buckets to version 2.0. Going to have all the drain system be 100% closed, as opposed to using the gutters. Should make things that much more clean and easy!~ ENJOY~

best roots

average roots

worst roots

best plant so far

wide shot

NEW BUCKETS

NEW BUCKETS

So we installed bucket system 2.0 tonight. With the previous set-up we had an open drain system using gutters to catch falling water. this was creating way to much humidity and water loss in the rez. The new buckets are using PVC to drain all the way. Will take closer pics if you guys have any questions on the specifics. I'm super stoked on how things are going so far, considering i'm just using regular shop lights with daylight spectum bulbs in them. also adding liquid karma to the nutrient line. a few quick pics to hold you over~

benjuanman

Veteran
WS4L the new pipes instead of the gutter looks great. So do the plants mate. Will be following along as DWC and Aero really interest me. They can bend you over the barrel if your not careful but if you show them who's boss, you can crank out the dank.

Ya, the gutters were more of a thought on how to do it easiest with allowing the most chance for oxygen circulation, but the execution proved otherwise. Doing it in a closed PVC system is really the way to do it properly (at least in this particular application)~