What's new

DWC 300W DIY LED SCROG Grow: AK47 and Mazar

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Hello my friends,

After weeks of intense labor I finally complete the renovation of my growing room and now I am ready for this season grow.

I use a DIY LED panel which drawn ~280W of real power. I intend to supplement in flower with two additional DIY small led panels of ~50W each containing only white LEDs (3x10W Warm White and 2x10W Cold White).

I am very restricted by height (only 120cm from floor to ceil) and I am fanatic SCROG fan so in this grow I will use this technique to increase my yield and to control the height.

I will have two plants grown from seeds (both feminized) : AK47 (Serious Seeds) and Mazar (Duch Passion), both strains having a flowering period of 56-63 days.

Each plant will grow in a 20L (~5 gallons) DWC on a modular SCROG 45x80cm (17"x32") (pics will come later).

Because my space is limited and low height, I decided to add some wheels to the SCROG modules to be able to move and rotate them easily. The total height from floor to screen level is ~40cm(16"), which give me 60-70cm (24"-26") for stretching.

Last night I put the seeds on a glass with RO water and 2-3 hours later they sank so I put them in moist paper towel for germination. When the tiny roots will break out they will be moved in 1" rock-wool cubes.

I intend to keep them in veg until the beginning of December or until they fill the whole screen.

For more pics watch this grow album.

Evil6

Curious to see the output of the DIY led together with DWC.

Does each tub have it's own scrog? Or one scrog for the two plants. On what does the scrog rest, and how do those wheels help exactly? Do you plan on not moving the DWC tubs at all once the screens are filled?

Have a nice grow man, rooting for ya.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
As I said in the first post, each DWC system sits on a mobile platform , under it's own screen . Unfortunately I did not took any pics of the modules but for sure I will post some, with more explanations, in a few hours.

L.E. Here are the pics (more in the album)

Having a relative small footprint (the LED panel is 40x80cm and has 45 degrees lenses) I have to move and rotate the plants each day to obtain a homogeneous lighting of the two plants. Because the tubs are heavy ( 15~20Kg when fully filled with water) it's hard to move them without damaging the plants or spilling the water (the tub is only 20cm high). With this wheels attached I can move the scrog module in any direction.

L.E. Wheels pics :

Last edited:

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Well, I totally forgot to mention about the nutes. I will use the complete line of Canna Aqua (because this is a DWC system) :

For veg:
- Canna Aqua Vega (A+B);
- Rhizotonic ;
- Canazym ;

For flowering:
- Canna Aqua Flores (A+B);
- Canazym ;
- PK 13/14 ;

For flushing :
- Canna Flush

After days and hours of reading about CannaBoost I concluded it is a waste of money so I will not use it.

Because the tubs are big enough I intend to change the water every two weeks (or less, if the situation demand it).

I have a few DWC grows under my belt, all of them in height restricted places and I learned that changing water is the most difficult part of the entire grow process. Is extremely complicated to remove the tubs from their location, so I installed a small aquarium pump (~2-4W) on each of them to allow me to extract the water from the reservoir (gravity is not my ally for this) . The pumps are connected to a "T" split, having 2 small plastic taps on each end. The pump is running 24/24, with one tap partially open (providing oxygenated water for the young roots) and the other one closed. When I want to check the pH/EC or to change the water, I just open the tap and let the water flow. This pumps can lift the water at ~60cm high, enough to fill the bucket.

Last edited:

vukman

Veteran
hey hey my friend...here I am all subbed up for the show.....thank you for letting me know

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Just a quick update: after less than 24 hours the little Mazar seed has sprouted and she is stretching her tiny root already.

AK47 is still sleeping but we must have pacience with her because the seed is enormous compared with Mazar and I believe that she need more time to suck enough humidity to sprout.

If the Mazar shows signs of rapid grow I will transplant her on the rockwool cube in the following hours.

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
I just finished taking picture of my grow room. You can see them on my album 2012 Fall-Winter Grow : AK47 and Mazar

As you can see, most of my grow equipment is DIY :

Mobile DWC SCROG Module:

Activated Carbon Filter:

Silenced 12V , 210CFM Extractor:

Exhaust Muffler:

Both Mobile DWC SCROG Modules:

And I have very good news: right now when I write this post the AK47 is showing her tiny white root !!!!

L.E. Both seeds has been transplanted on 1" rockwool cubes . More pics later.

Last edited:

vukman

Veteran
what a set up!!!!!! very very nice.....:yes:...as everyone else has already mentioned, I too, cannot wait until this thing gets going to watch the progress......

Good Luck

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Today I installed the LED panel on the grow room. It was a little tricky because the ceiling is not horizontal but after several measurements and adjustment of the supporting chains the panel finally fit in the right position. I have to fix the cord of the LED panel on the wall/ceiling because I don't like it to hang among my plants. Also I have to add 'electric panel', in fact a piece of plywood to mount the two PSU onto it ( 48V and 12V).

Also the germinated seeds have been transplanted to rockwool cubes and now they sit in a small nursery greenhouse, under the veg lights. When the roots will come out of the cubes I will move them in the netpots, on top of the 20L tubs.

Latest posts

Latest posts