What's new

help a fella with this diagnosis please =)

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
ARE YOU USING?
SOIL:
How long has this problem been going on? approx 3 weeks on the sd and huck, now others are showing the same signs as well.
What STRAIN are you growing?
Huckleberry, Sour Diesel, Cherry Pie are showing the most severity.
What was the establishing technique? (seed or clone?) clones
What is the age of your plants? 7-8 months approx
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now?
6 months
Were they in the same mixture when they were seedlings/smaller plant? If not, what mixture were they in before? same
How Tall are the plants? 6 to 9 ft
What PHASE (seedling, vegetative or flower) are the plants in? flower
What Technique are you using? (SOG, SCROG etc) trees
What size pots are you using? (Include how many subjects to pot) 200gal diy smartpots
What substrate/medium are you using? What brand of soil mixture are you using?(percentage of perlite, vermiculite...etc?)
lc Mix #2:

8 parts Pro Mix BX or HP / Sunshine Mix (any flavor from #1 up) / Fox Farm Ocean Forest or Light Warrior
2 parts earthworm castings
Powdered dolomite lime
What Nutrient's are you using?
lc's mix
Blood meal 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
Bone meal r 1 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
kelp meal 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
1-0-4 powdered kelp extract as directed
1/2 cup per cubic foot of Jersey Greensand to supplement the K (potasium) in the Kelp Meal and seaweed extract.
also added a pound of alfalfa meal to each hole and a pound of coarse humic coal.
topdressed twice with guano, once during august stretch then again as flowering really kicked in.
every now n then the plants also get a light alfalfa tea and molasses

How often are you watering? every 3-4 days approx 30 gals apiece
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? 4 weeks guano top dress 0-7-0
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? moist probably.
What water are you using? Reverse Osmosis (RO)? Tap? Bottled? Well water? Distilled? Mineral Water? well water
Has plant been recently pruned, cloned or pinched? nope

thanks for lookin, appreciate your help!

Last edited:

DrFever

Veteran
How long has this problem been going on? what signs are they showing
How long have they been in the soil mixture they are in now? 6 months might be time to replenish micro organisms ( transplant )
How often are you watering? Watering probably to much , every feeding prob needs plant food for trees
Is the grow substrate constantly wet or moist? well 3 - 4 days is to much watering back off MJ likes dryer conditions

probably to much of one nutrient in well water blocking out other nutrients or effecting , try some bottled water off to 1 once a week
When was your last feeding and how often are you feeding? Again FEED plants

CHEERS DOC

S

Sat X RB

I have grown big plants in pots ... but have never seen this problem. I also make my own soil so do not know yr mixes.

however looks to me from leaf colour that yr npk has been fine up to now.

for the leaves to show this way you must have burned the roots.

it MIGHT be a pH problem eg pH changing as yr soil ages/becomes more acid. soil pH test kit can find this out.

if the weather has been hot it may be underwatered.

underwatering may occur if yr soil has dried out at some stage and now, instead of yr subsequent waterings spreading throughout and wetting ALL the soil, it is running through a few channels in the soil and out to waste before it can wet the whole soil.

if you think this might be a problem put a sprinkler on yr plants if possible. otherwise cultivate the top of yr soil to loosen it in case it's gone crusty. or temporarily block yr drain holes and saturate the pot ... then unplug yr drain holes.

but mostly I reckon it's yr well water. have you had this tested for mineral content? yr water may be contributing to a chemical imbalance or nutrient lockout and thus interfering with nutrient uptake and npk balance.

most importantly I would recommend a BIG flush with rainwater ... or water that is not loaded with minerals.

good luck! sounds like you've got a lot to lose ...

S

SeaMaiden

Whole plant photos, please. It's important to help determine with slightly more precision what may or may not be going on.

Right now, to my eyes, it actually looks like a K+. But that would really be determined better if we knew where on the plant these leaves are occurring.

DrFever

Veteran
well anyways from picture its potassium def your growing organic then by some potatoes and mash it up RAW screen it and pour liquid on soil potatoes have shit loads of potassium

S

SeaMaiden

well anyways from picture its potassium def your growing organic then by some potatoes and mash it up RAW screen it and pour liquid on soil potatoes have shit loads of potassium

Wow, really? I just harvested my potatoes and ants or something got to a few of them, plus I stabbed some others with my fork. I was wondering what one might gain from trying them out as an FPE, and all I could come up with was something distilled, like vodka.

DrFever

Veteran
Wow, really? I just harvested my potatoes and ants or something got to a few of them, plus I stabbed some others with my fork. I was wondering what one might gain from trying them out as an FPE, and all I could come up with was something distilled, like vodka.

Yup like 844 mg of potassium in a whole potato yea just by mashing it up in warm water leaving it 24 hrs then screening it i think it would benefit the op Greatly :tiphat:

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
these are leaves coming straight off the buds, its on most of the leaves now.. ill snag some whole plant shots. thanks everyone