Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > MOBY DICK?

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Cannapot for Cannabis Genetics
MOBY DICK? Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 03:07 AM #11
troy1010

My mobys are from dinafem . They are looking extremely good.9 from 10 sprouts. I got 1 mutant. The other 8 have all been topped at the 5th set of leaves except 1. I have holes in ground with toms mix. Should be going in this week. There are not much difference in prototypes . Mainly look indica although i expect them to look more hazey as they get older.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:08 AM #12
troy1010

LLol. I meant phenotypes .

Old 10-09-2012, 08:23 PM #13
Reg Dixon

Reg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the rough
Growing Moby Dick from Dinafem here.
Right now it is on day 8 of flower.

So far has been a joy to grow and has resisted all my attempts to kill it!

Getting kind of bushy with huge fan leaves. Looks to be an indica dom right now.

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to finish?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Moby Dick 002.jpg (103.3 KB, 117 views)
File Type: jpg Moby Dick 003.jpg (75.3 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg Moby Dick 001.jpg (86.7 KB, 105 views)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=292609

Last edited by Raco; 10-09-2012 at 11:08 PM..
Reg Dixon is offline Quote

Old 10-25-2012, 04:50 PM #14
Reg Dixon

Reg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the roughReg Dixon is a jewel in the rough
Moby Dick update. Have trimmed the odd fan leaf off here and there to allow the light to get to the developing buds. Looks like it is showing a bit of Nitrogen Def which is strange for being in flower. Added a bit of 25/5/5 granules to my usual KISS formula mix this feed. Took about 2.5 liters before a small amount of runoff.

Still learning how to grow in a mainly coco based medium. She basically needs water/feed every other day in this mix.

RH was too low for a while until I figured I could get away with watering/feeding more and more often even in a 3 gallon pot.

Have a lot of lumens on her but even that many does not seem like enough but it will have to do for this grow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MD 001.jpg (98.3 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg MD 002.jpg (107.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg MD 003.jpg (86.7 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg MD 004.jpg (109.8 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg MD 005.jpg (57.1 KB, 65 views)

Old 10-25-2012, 05:03 PM #15
DryNobBob

IMHO, great bag appeal, but if you are used to bubba's, chem's and og's, this strain seems lite. I thought the sweet vomit funky taste was neat, hehe, but other than that, I wasn't impressed, JMHO. Seemed to build a quick tolerance to it, had to start rolling double widers to get any effect for me.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:23 PM #16
sativa92

sativa92 has a spectacular aura aboutsativa92 has a spectacular aura aboutsativa92 has a spectacular aura about
reg dixon..thanks for posting the pics. keep us updated on how they turn out. greatly app..

drynobbob...ive been smoking diesels, and chem d... it's hard to find stuff that compares.. how long did it take to finish?

Old 10-26-2012, 05:32 PM #17
DryNobBob

the widow brings the haze down in time I think, 10.5 weeks. but it sure looks good in a bag.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:32 AM #18
Reg Dixon

Latest pics of my MD after 7 weeks of flower.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Day 47 flower MD 004.jpg (89.2 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg Day 47 flower MD 011.jpg (82.2 KB, 129 views)
File Type: jpg Day 47 flower MD 008.jpg (104.6 KB, 124 views)

Old 11-24-2012, 05:04 PM #19
Reg Dixon

MD update

More pics. Buds are fattening up nicely. Thinking about flush soon. Next week. Just how much should I flush through mainly coco 2.5 Gallon pot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (103.3 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (100.0 KB, 92 views)

Old 11-25-2012, 02:53 AM #20
tetragrammaton

tetragrammaton has a spectacular aura abouttetragrammaton has a spectacular aura abouttetragrammaton has a spectacular aura abouttetragrammaton has a spectacular aura about
I was recently gifted some cuttings of this strain, grown from Dinafem stock. I believe I have a sativa dominant pheno, based on the slender leaves.

I got to sample some of the buds from one of my friends last harvests, and I was blown away by the taste alone. It reminded me of piff/uptown haze/nyc haze/whatever you want to call it. That incensy, perfumy, hazey, almost soapy taste. As far as the smell of the dried buds, it smelled predominately skunky/coffeeish, but as it was ground up, thats when it became more fragrant.

The buds I sampled were more than likely some of the smaller lower buds, but even then, they had a pretty good structure. Not dense like a kush, but definately not airy or leafy like some sativa dominant strains.

I came here though, wondering if anyone knows of the lineage. We all know it's White Widow x Haze, and from what I've researched, most of Dinafems stock comes from Shantibaba. In the description of the strain, it says they crossed their best cuttings of white widow and haze, but I'm wondering what haze was used. Super Silver Haze? Amnesia Haze? Old Timers Haze? Anyone know?

This is definately a fragrant strain, especially in veg. It gives off a nice coffee/skunk smell, at a very young age.